Masamune-kun no Revenge - Vol. 10 Ch. 49

Contributor
Honestly it wouldn't have mattered who he ends up with it would've been shit either way since the last 20 or so chapters were complete garbage lmao

@ss4chris Being comfortable around another person is what leads to stable relationships. When you're always nervous and never know what to say or do, those are the relationships that just don't last. You need to be able to go on road trips with the girl if you expect to spend the rest of your life with her. Up to this final chapter, Masamune was shown to be perpetually on edge around her, to the point he was breaking out in hives with not only her but every girl apart from Koiwai. Then suddenly he pulls a 180 and is just fine with her and has real affection for someone who's company he never enjoyed. It's just bad writing.

Rant done, I really don't care about this story all that much, it's just this recent trend of "subverting expectations" for its own sake in writing that is pissing me off *cough*Rian Johnson*cough*. It can be done right, a la mode de A song of Ice and Fire or to a lesser degree Wreck-It Ralph, etc. with literary mechanisms like subtle foreshadowing, or a plot that makes sense. Not whatever backroom ret-conning chicanery this is.

Whatevs, it's done and over and that's that.

Dex-chan lover
@ss4chris
If he never liked Yoshino then maybe the author shouldn't have wasted a bunch of chapter having him getting hives when he is around any girl except for her, being unhappy with Aki, regretting not being with her, being told by Neko they belong together and chasing her after she tries to distance himself from her, with that fucking chapter ending with them embracing each other while the sun rises. It's also worth mentioning that all of this happened after he started dating Aki, meaning Aki had won already and they only needed to solve the whole revenge issue and we could have gotten a decent ending.

Like I said, I don't mind the Aki ending, she was always the obvious winner, what I do mind is the author wasting my time with all those chapters that seemed to be setting up a surprise Yoshino ending only to go back on that in the last chapter and have Aki win EVEN THOUGHT SHE HAD ALREADY WON. No one even thought Yoshino was a love interest up till that point, he basically gave the people who liked her hope only to take it away at the last second, which caused them to be angrier than if had Aki just won.

I want to be believe there was some sort of conflict between the author and the editors and that's why these last chapters were such a mess because otherwise this is some pretty dickish thing to do.

Contributor
This last chapter is really, really weird.

It's like the manga was axed out of nowhere (i doubt it), or the publisher/editor forced the author to do this ending, it make no sense at all .

So with this rushed ending, the last 10 or so chapters are just fillers, and before that we have a horrible arc with fake masamune. Overall a pretty bad rom-com, same as Nisekoi or KNIM.

Meh. At least the art was good, but i can't recommend this serie to anyone, especially if you intend to buy it.

Fed-Kun's army
@Acolytus its ppl like you who fail to comprehend the manga in the first place

He never liked yoshino he was just comfortable with her because she wasn't a target of his revenge plot.

With Neko he was guilty how he was going all in for Aki despite this going loving him and he felt bad denying her for such a petty reason

With Aki its like all this time he wanted revenge on her but it was taking its toll on him and when he finally had it she wasnt even the culprit it was Yoshino.

Everything makes sense.

Him accepting yoshino would be a horrible ending; though an ending i was coming to accept. If you look at the interaction between aki and makabe how are you going to say it was a mess? Its typical shonen/ romance style.

Dont know what you were expecting tbh.

Fed-Kun's army
@DeusVult maybe you've never been in relationship but thats def not the case. comfort sometimes just stays as a friendship. from start to finish he thought of yoshino is an accomplice and someone he could confine in. nothing more nothing less

Again ppl like you just fail to comprehend the manga from start to finish. I suggest you go back and read or just give up and take your L.

Dex-chan lover
@ss4chris
For the millionth time: I didn't mind that Aki won because the whole story was about her relationship with Masamune and she was the obvious winner from the very beginning.

What bothers me is that the last few chapters seemed to be setting up a suprise Yoshino ending (and yes, this would have been stupid and come out of nowhere) only to have Aki win anyway in the end, meaning that all the bullshit we saw before and that fake emotional climax was entirely meaningless and could have been avoided completely while still giving closure to Yoshino and the whole revenge thing.

You mentioned Nisekoi before but this is nothing like Nisekoi. In Nisekoi Raku initially liked Onodera but eventually chose Chitoge. Yoshino wasn't even a love interest till the author pushed her as one in these last chapters for no fucking reason. Nisekoi would have been like this manga if after Raku and Chitoge confessed their feelings we got a few more chapters in which Raku is shown to be unhappy with her, claims he has feelings for Haru, is told by Marika that they are meant for each other and chases her to some faraway place where they hug and kiss in a dramatic scene only for him to go "haha nope, I actually liked Chitoge, this whole thing was fucking pointless".

You are confusing my complaints with me whining because Yoshino lost when I'm actually complaining that the story became completely stupid in these past chapters and ruined what could have been a decent ending. This isn't stupid because Aki won, it's stupid because she had already won and yet the author wasted our time with this red-herring-infested crap of a mini-arc.

Dex-chan lover
Disappointed. Wanted Yoshino to win. This is why non-harem endings* are... =.=

Dex-chan lover
I am glad for this to have ended so I no longer have to suffer Meidofags annoying the crap of any discussion about romance series.

Also I am glad Yoshino lost not only because of Meidofags delicious tears but also because she as a love interest come from freaking nowhere and only prolonged this already finished series for several more chapters, at least the sour taste in my mouth is not as sour even without the delicious tears.

And yes, I am completed validated on this, this was about Aki and always about Aki, not some support character, it didnt go for the "twist" ending because that worked so well for Fuuka didnt it? There are series were you can do that, not Masamune-kun no Revenge at chapter 41 were that was too late to go around switching because "popularity", I *HATE* Ga-Rei because of the freaking anime it became about Yomi and that garbage incest yuri subtext at the expense of the main couple. At least it didnt became that.

Contributor
Eh, not bad, at least the MC is decisive mmm...

Fed-Kun's army
@Acolytus You dont care yet you're still whining about it

the few chapters seem yoshino ending. but there isnt. so what

Its like nisekoi in the fact that raku and chitoge bonded much like aki and makabe despite disliking each other.

IF the author was able to trick you then like i said from the beginning you failed to comprehend the manga.

Dex-chan lover
@ss4chris Why don't you get off your high horse and read my damn posts? I will repeat it for you one more time: I'm not complaining because Aki won, I'm complaining because the ending of the manga was a fucking mess.

The last few chapters suddenly made Yoshino a love rival out of nowhere, wasting the final chapters of the manga in a massive red-herring only for Aki to win in the last few pages. If they avoided that crap and instead had Makabe and Aki continue being a couple while dealing with the few things that needed to be adressed (Makabe's former goal of getting revenge, Yoshino's feeling about Aki, etc) then this manga could have ended perfectly (or at least decently). There was no reason to end it in such a dumb way.

Fed-Kun's army
@Acolytus

you seem mad. its like i said. you failed to comprehend the manga.

Naive ppl like you thought yoshino was alove rival. i thought so too. but when you read chapter 50 and you see all those flash backs it just makes perfect sense. sure it could have been delivered better but ya it got its point across.

Im sorry you were looking for a more elaborate ending. maybe you should invest into mystery novels to wet your appetite.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't care about anything else, just happy that they ended up together.

Contributor
someone got a lotta time

and had to say, Aki's short hair design is off, it's nice but something is off

I was expecting anime high school romcom The Count of Monte Cristo and I got this
I’m still not sure if its better or worse than that.

Glad I stopped reading and waited for the final chapter when this shit at the end started. Now I have the closure of knowing how things ended and I didn't have to endure the train-wrech of the final arc.

Users who are viewing this thread