Masamune-kun no Revenge - Vol. 10 Ch. 49

Actually this needs one more chapter where MC goes through another unexpected development and ends up with miss pantieless?

Wow, this was such garbage. I actually wanted Aki to win, but the way it was done was so bad it made me hate the manga.

Fim

When the "revenge" part of the story disappeared, so did most of what made me like that manga. MC turned into a steretypical harem lead that I have seen a few dozen times and even switched to the other girl for a few chapters, only to go back to the original in the very last second.
I'm not disappointed about who won, either girl would have been fine. But when Masamune's Revenge turned into Masamune's Harem I probably should have stopped reading.

Also why do all authors hate long hair? Seems to fall victim to a "makeover" trope way too often.

f5281d5b7d.png

Dex-chan lover
Glad I dropped this shit after the 10th chapter and waited for it to end, I learn my fucking lesson with Love HIna.... and Misterious Girlfriend.... and Nisekoi..... and Ranma ....

Contributor
@boag It’s been a while since I’ve read it so I might just have nostalgia glasses on, but what was wrong with Mysterious Girlfriend X? It was pretty solid from what I remember.

Hold on a second, isn’t this just Nisekoi?

Raku = Makabe
Chitoge = Aki
Onodera = Yoshino
Marika = Fujinoyima
Tsugumi = Kojuuro

The ending is the same as well. I quit

Dex-chan lover
@Kisato 1st Chapter "we are destined to have sex"
Entire series "Blue balling"
Final Chapter "Lets not kiss right now"

Contributor
@boag You’ve been reading too many doujinshis mate. They’re highschoolers, it’s fine if they don’t fuck. Also who cares if they don’t directly kiss, literal spit swapping is pretty intimate in it of itself.

@Yamibi I think this was intentional. He basically allowed people to headcanon Ch48 being the ending while having Aki remain the ending in Ch49. Basically trying to please both crowds with a copout since he knows the Japanese home audience loves shipping their own headcanon.

r e a lly disappointed with the ending. i always wanted aki and masamune to get together, but even at this point everything just feels wrong. like @Aereus said, it really seemed like the author just wanted to please the audience. the ending was too rushed, and at this point, lost its sense of plot. the whole "revenge" thing was what kept the plot moving, and without it, there's not much left. i really enjoyed the first season of this manga, but it just went downhill from there. i'm quite sad tbh, i really wanted a proper closure with aki and makabe.

Dex-chan lover
What a disappointing bait and switch.
I loved the strong, independent Aki from chapter 47 and 48, who was able to be happy by making Yoshino happy.
That ending was totally leftfield and because of it, Aki became an unusual black-haired heroine, who was strong enough to keep her cool, accept that the love-interest wasn't for her and move on while everyone else broke down.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad best girl won, I'm glad about the salt, but dammit, this manga was fucking garbage. Remove Neko and every single plot thread revolving around her and it'd become so much better (or at least it would be much shorter).

I completely agree, Mikan.

48 would've been the perfect place to end it, but of course the author had to do a stupid 180 at the very last chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread