Masamune-kun no Revenge - Vol. 10 Ch. 49

Dex-chan lover
Author pussy out is what happen. Everything that he wrote about him with his rash was for nothing.

Dex-chan lover
So what was the point of that whole "I actually like Yoshino" thing? Why did the author waste a bunch of chapters having Masamune "realize" he loves Yoshino and showing Aki giving up if they were going to end up together anyway? What was the point of the whole emotional climax regarding those two if it was all a massive red-herring? Was the author trolling us? This is so fucking stupid.

And no, I'm not mad that Aki won, she was the logical winner from the very beginning and she had already fucking won. What I'm mad about is that the author wasted my time making Yoshino a love interest and pretending she was going to win only to bring things back to the way they were before. Why do it this way? If he wanted to give proper closure to the whole revenge thing he could have done it in a less trollish way.

What a fucking mess.

jak

Contributor
@Acolytus - Yeah, I like the way it ended, but they should have done the whole Yoshino thing earlier.

@ColonelPabs254 - I disagree, it makes sense that he would end up with Aki in the end. I seriously doubt the author "pussy'd out" of anything. They just did it too close to the end of the story instead of earlier.

Dex-chan lover
Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...

The problem with the Aki ending is that she did absolutely nothing to deserve it. She was a total b**** through 99% of the series. She treated everyone like dirt and everyone who got involved with her were worse because of it. While the first time they started dating made sense, it also made sense that the relationship went terribly south nearly as soon as it began. Having Aki suddenly lose everyone (her boyfriend and her maid) the moment she thought she was happiest made her reflect on herself and her own actions for the first time in her life. Aki ending up alone was the best thing that could have possibly happened to her, but then the story f**** it up by invalidating her own growth and go right back into that toxic (she's the toxic one) relationship. This ending is probably the worst for all the characters involved.

Well this could have had a better last couple of chapters if this was going to be the ending

Twi

@Acolytus I agree very trollish.

@Kyto1984 I wouldn’t go that far, but your right. Furthermore everything up to the last chapter had Aki in love with his past self and treating him as such. Which understandably upset him, invalidating all his hard work.

... feels like the author chickened out at the last second. I admit it made sense to air out what’s been his revenge, even if the ending wasn’t the ship I wanted, but the author went a bit to far with the Yoshino ship. Especially with his body rejections and hives he’d get when getting close to Aki. Even going so far has hugging Yoshino and realizing....what now since with this ending it’s not his feelings.

Dex-chan lover
and another train wreck that leaves everyone dissatisfied.

Dex-chan lover
It was said from the beginning that this is going to be an Aki ending. Also, the way Aki acted was from the ruse Yoshino played on them back in the day, so yup, this was a satisfying end for them. Btw, there's gonna be an extra chapter.

Dex-chan lover
I will tell you why this all happened. There are 2 types of 'romance' tags in manga.

1) romance: There is virtually no development or progress at all in the RELATIONSHIP of the 'MC COUPLE'. What do I mean by that? Most of the manga is about wishy washy back and forth between MC and MC girl and maybe some other GIRL(s). They never reach the point of going out, making up, making hard decisions, etc etc.

THIS is what the author gave us, instead of making them a true couple ages ago, it was only done "surprise* at the END of the fucking story. Well fucking clappity clap mother fucker you just wasted all of our time.

2) romance: The development is done THROUGHOUT the manga. Relationship is formed early or even at the beginning. The MC couple have to struggle together through various life difficulties or even their own short comings. Drama with other people trying to break them up or maybe past relations, etc. Now this is a fucking manga, there is probably making out, but mostly some pretty basic hugging, kissing shit, but some will have sex onscreen/offscreen, etc etc.

I, my own personal opinion consider 'ROMANCE' when there is a fucking actual couple and shit actually happens. I fucking despise the "oh and now they going out at the last chapter because we were too fucking lazy on their development!" which is how most of these shitty tags end up like.

You are more than welcome to agree to disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread