Maseki Gurume: Mamono no Chikara wo Tabeta Ore wa Saikyou! - Ch. 56 - Secret Basement

Dex-chan lover
A mysterious door that nobody has been able to open since the first king. The door opens for Ain. Ain reads an unfinished book on a desk next to a pen. "Is this the first King's diary!?" Yea no shit, what else would it be?

Dex-chan lover
"I'm not a weak woman"
The maid forgot to say "BTW our prince alone, you know the one your country abandoned, could wreck the entire continent in like 5 minutes lmao."

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I like the confidence... but bitch are you dumb!?! If two battleships can take a port in 20 mins imagine if they used their entire fleet! Come on now you gotta stop the retarded prince asap
One is living in modern age. One is living in medieval era. So the reason is clear. It nearly impossible to educate people that don't understand your way of war other than show them how your weapon work.

Dex-chan lover
people bad mouthing Elena in comment just because she on opposite side of Ains kinda hilarious, i mean what wrong trying to defend your own home ? also what Elena planning here is to try to avert the War if not minimize the said damage. also its not she didnt understand the power difference its already said Heim no matter bad its right now still her homeland
Defend it from what though? It's their country that's instigating shit despite not having the military might to back it up. On a certain level I admire her trying, but her home is just kinda ass and the people in charge (who clearly aren't her) are fixated on a path to self destruction.

She seems to understand the ship has already sailed, but The reality that she can't seem to see herself is that she's not trying to stop it from sinking but instead she's just firmly planted her and decided to sink with it. And that's really just dumb.

Also, and the story is biased because it's from the MC's perspective, but what's even worth saving in the country? All we've seen of it is corruption, nobles exploiting their people, and really dumb trade relations/diplomatic/military decisions being made. The people of her country would experience a better quality of living at this point if the country just was conquered. I'd be more on her side if she was planing a straight Coup.

Oh look, another woman who drank the ‘dumb bitch juice’.
The part that really grinds my gears though is that she didn’t even attempt to see her daughter. Like, even if she knew her daughter was safe she should still have tried to see her.
Yeah like I've really tried to like Elena so far as the rock stuck in a hard place doing what she can, but actions speak louder than sentiment and she really hasn't done much worthy of any praise or admiration as a character. Rather she's made a lot of questionable decisions. She's portrayed as represting the last Bastian of morality and common sense of her country, but is not only following into the same pitfalls as everyone else but is thinking she's clever enough to out maneuver them which is just plain hubris. She's also knowingly going along with incredibly immoral plans.

And I understand she's a royal and government official with other priorities, but it does frustrate me that as a Mother she hasn't done much in consideration of her daughter (that's just me personally thinking parents should always put their kids first, but I hardly grew up in a situation where I'm responsible for an entire country at least partly).

Dex-chan lover
I like the confidence... but bitch are you dumb!?! If two battleships can take a port in 20 mins imagine if they used their entire fleet! Come on now you gotta stop the retarded prince asap
that fleet doesn't come into play until they engage in open warfare. There's plenty they could do before actually going to war. Like spreading diseases.

I skimmed some of the original WN a while ago, and I think you are right. The fox is involved, but I do not remember how.

Advise the king his son is being an idiot, and going to start a war with someone who is already hostile to them but not invading for internal ethics reasons that will disappear if said stupid prince keeps up his stupidity, that they already knew that they would lose to, then resign when the King does nothing.
basically, they are (lots-o-spoiler) a race that reincarnates that split with some siding with Istalica, like the chancellor who was originally a red fox, and those who were against following a red fox woman who's love for the first king was unrequited and turned to scorn as he married the fairy queen. (I say it like there's a lot of them, I think there's, like, four all together. Two for and two against.) Actually, I don't remember if that was his second wife or if it was his only and their hidden second child is Chris's grandparent or great grandparent. Anyway, that red fox has currently reincarnated into the noble girl that is Ain's half-brother's fiancé and is currently, and even before her current reincarnation, instigating much of what's wrong with Heim.

Supporter
The part that really grinds my gears though is that she didn’t even attempt to see her daughter. Like, even if she knew her daughter was safe she should still have tried to see her.
You know. You are absolutely right, the whole supposed war is going on because her daughter went missing in this country. The least she would do before starting the war is knowing her daughter state.

Then again, the fact they chose to not inform the mother is a bit tricky in one hand the mother could be leaking this. In the other hand, even if the crown prince want his fiancée back she won't.

Dex-chan lover
I like how everyone is simply assuming that she's saying that she will "win the fight" against Istalica. This isn't necessarily true. Even overthrowing bad actors in government is "loyalty" to one's homeland. It's entirety possible that this is what she has in mind... And it's entirety possible that it isn't.
Anyone (who actually knows, and isn't spreading BS to freak people out) want to spoil it for us?

Aggregator gang
looking at the official raw site, they put up a hiatus notice, but since i cant read it i dont know details (for example could just be this month but i have no idea).
That notice was posted last month, it just meant no new chapter for May, and that they'll resume with June's release, which should be on the 20th.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

I guess she thinks she can still win with diplomacy. Too bad for her, it might be that the Royal Family of the kingdom she belongs to might already be corrupted by the Red Fox. No amount of talk-no-jutsu will save her from being their next target.

Dex-chan lover
Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
I hope the author doesn't do some random asspull so she's actually able to pull something off against them.
She actually was somehow able to negotiate a non agression pact with Ishtalica and the prime minister was impressed by how he almost got outsmarted by her.

Dex-chan lover
A large door no one can open. So, this chapter or the next before MC opens it?

A couple of pages. Didn't even put a full page between.

Translators note: keikaku means plan.

Yeah, she has some kind of plan.
you say this as if it isn't literally the first thing mc did this chapter

Dex-chan lover
you say this as if it isn't literally the first thing mc did this chapter
You say this as if it isn't literally the first thing I wrote after it.

Also, you're literally wrong. Literally the first thing he did was look around a bit in the mansion. Then he asked some questions about the door, then he tried to sleep, then he went down to the door, then he opened it. And that's still skipping a few things.

Dex-chan lover
That notice was posted last month, it just meant no new chapter for May, and that they'll resume with June's release, which should be on the 20th.
thanks for that :) and yeah it was last month now xD i just realized it was june already lmao

Dex-chan lover
Damn can't wait to see her Girl Boss to close to the sun and fall.

Users who are viewing this thread