Masuraou - Vol. 7 Ch. 66 - The Masuraou's Memories

Dex-chan lover
You know, I kinda agree with big bro here. If you're going to have a Masuraou who's going to do nothing but cause trouble to the town and its people then it would be best to shut it down permanently.

yeah, but on the other hand it's not up to him to end a long lasting town tradition. Even if he is Masuraou.

Dex-chan lover
I'm on the big bro's side on this one, the main character is dumb but because he is the main character I bet he will in some form win, or even if he lost he will still manage to change the big brother's mind "I'm impressed by his guts" or something dumb like that. 🙃

Fed-Kun's army
I agree with the big bro here. All the masurao contestants were POS that tried to extort from people bearing the masu insignia. The honor system has clearly be turned into an exploit.

Agree with big bro here. I still have some hope in how the author is going to resolve in a way that make me go damn i didnt think of that. But looking at the track record I might set myself up for disappointment here.

Here in the US we learned that you can't expect the person on top to act with any dignity or forbearance just because of tradition. Big Bro has the right of it.

Double-page supporter
Sounds like Big Bro was complicit for years with letting scumbags and criminals take over the masuraou festival and now that he's won last year, he's going to just end it. What part of wanting to save the town involves letting it suffer for years on end without trying to do anything about it?

@kyrex why is he complicit? How was he supposed to convince the town to end a beloved tradition without working within the system?

Double-page supporter
@slapabear Because he did nothing to stop the abuses of the masu mark tradition while it was happening. He's such a freakishly strong dude and he's done nothing to stop those things from happening again, and instead thinks he's going to turn his tiny city into Tokyo overnight with a concert and a dance contest.

@kyrex haha what an edgy way of looking at it. What made you think he did nothing? What made you think he has always been a freakishly strong dude? What if seeing these scumbags drove him to train harder and he became strong as a result?

Also, fighting violence with violence is not always the answer. Therefore the whole joining the system to change it. Granted the concert and dance is a bit dumb lol, but you gotta start somewhere.

Double-page supporter
@peanutskin we're talking about a series where the main character is a freakishly strong higher schooler with a dick so big it ruined his life and the surprise reveals for what makes characters so strong have been "OH NO! THIS GUY IS ACTUALLY TRAINED IN ONE MARTIAL ART!" and then training arcs that amounted to "use your peripheral vision, dumbass"

Don't pretend this shit is highly philosophical social commentary. It's a trashy shounen battle series where people punch each other a lot until one guy can suddenly not endure being punched again, and that's fine. The final reveal being that the strongest guy who can take punches without flinching, and won the tournament last year, but now wants to end the whole tradition is just dumb.

Double-page supporter
Most of the problems could be solved by the townspeople refusing to give Masuraou benefits to anyone but the actual Masuraou. Stop letting "candidates" run up tabs, have free reign, etc. And if some of them are stealing or raping or whatever, jail them and void their ability to compete.

Also, how about acknowledging that for every candidate that took advantage, there were others who gave back along the way (e.g. Yamato, Naruse, Tora helping townspeople along the way).

Users who are viewing this thread