Maydare Tensei Monogatari: Kono Sekai de Ichiban Warui Majo - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Honestly... I don't like how in the modern times the 'best friend' was like 'I like him too. I'm going to confess first. Help me out k? ' like..where is the girl code. Also also.. That best friend spells trouble. She's going to pop up again. And and.. That murderer guy.. Where does he come into play i wonder
Many thanks

Aggregator gang
Wow it's fucking interesting. I need moar.
I'm guessing the guy that kill 3 of them are "Hero of Fraxinus". Those 3 are the reincarnation of the past magicians Maydare, Black Demon king, White Sage and Scarlet Witch.
I hope there is no cancer in this series.
EDIT: I've checked on the LN characters design and I've started to changed my mind. Probably only 2 of them are reincarnation and her friend was killed because she is nearby/witness.

@mismarca yeah seems the other girl wasn't the white sage but seems she might of been reincarnated aswell. Weird why the other two didn't run into the white sage reincarnation in the other world.

https://lbunko.kadokawa.co.jp/special/maydare/

As for the female friend seems
she was reincarnated back in the real world and was summoned as the savior and thor is her personal bodyguard. What if she was actually the hero if that's the case whose this blond guy that keeps going after them. Also I'm not sure those legends about them were actually true since they seem to be fairly decent people I don't think they would of done those things. Maybe the blonde guy is a random mage unrelated to them and kept pursuing them so they reincarnate back in there world to possibly steal their collective powers and become the strongest mage in history.

This isekai has actually utilised the reincarnation thing properly for a change. I usually skip the pre isekai backstory because it usually is standard "I was an OL/JK who was an otaku and super single then truck kun happened".
I'm already feeling attached to the ML and MC already. And the "hero" is the villain.
Also the "best friend" is a bitch.

Aggregator gang
@Starbright
I tried to re-read the chapter 1 and here is my thought.
Pretty sure that blonde is a reincarnate that relate to somebody. In page 16 he said "No matter how many times we are reborn I will eliminate you". The word we there is relating to the reincarnation group. So I check who is the people that is able to reincarnate among the 3 magicians. It seems that the only person that high chance of reincarnating is White sage, Scarlet witch and Hero. White sage was said to be defeated but its vague either he is killed or not. I would say that the Hero didn't kill White sage because he is his former master. Demon king got buried so it's sound more like a sealing method rather than a kill method. Scarlet witch self destruct together with Hero and perished. I know that the legends lore is not all true but the hints are limited, had to stick on what it said. So my conclusion is that the blonde could be White sage. Hero is Thor and Scarlet witch is Makia. The reason why I don't think Airi as the reincarnation hero because she doesn't reincarnate like the other two characters that start from beginning. Seems like she is summoned as the new Messiah/Hero for this era after her death.
It could be that the white sage fell in love with the Scarlet witch but Scarlet witch is already fell in love with the Hero instead. It's probably not Scarlet witch self destruct but rather trying to stop White sage self destruct magic attack from killing the Hero. Anyway they all died from the blast, and somehow reincarnated with each other fate's intertwine ended up Scarlet witch falling in love with the Hero again and White sage killing them again. So out of jealousy the "Blonde" goes on reincarnation killing spree preventing them from being together. Basically Blonde went full yandere lol. BTW I still don't know why the blonde wouldn't stab her first on page 9. He could be aiming for the Hero and ended up seeing that the current era Scarlet Witch is already met with the Hero when she arrive on the rooftop so he need a reset. The word eliminate on page 17 is probably toward the Hero not to the falling Scarlet witch.

@mismarca I reread the chapter and I think the female friends the hero and the boys the black demon king. In the beginning of the chapter she talks about writing a story of a hero slaying a witch hinting shes of the reincarnated group. She also
reincarnated again and was summoned to there world as a hero hinting even more that shes the hero
. Also of the 3 magicians they have color associations with there name likely related to their hair color.

The white sages identity is the most confusing since the guy that attacks them has blonde hair and we see in the novel theres two characters with white hair. For now I think the blonde guys either the white sage or some character we don't know about. If the original hero was summoned what if she wasn't summoned alone and that blonde boy came to that world and became drunk off power.

Also something else strikes me as interesting I think the female friend might be a good person and might of confessed to the guy to push her friend to confess. It's clear they got along and even tho she copies her i think it's a sign that she likes her. Maybe the only evil mage at the time was the white sage and manipulated the hero to get rid of them for him. Or some else we don't know manipulated them to fight. We also might of not seen the white sage in there world because he was already reincarnated in the other world and is there teacher.

We also know the reincarnated people have visions of there past life that they just view as random dreams. But for some reason the blonde guy is able to tell that it isnt dreams maybe hes just crazy or theres something more to his character.

I agree with others that it looked to me like the blond boy was the hero and the other three were the black, white and scarlet sorcerers, since that would perfectly reproduce the story in the book. But it looks like the White Mage was a guy in the novel (called Ulysses?), so I guess the blond guy must be him. Why kill the others though?

Aggregator gang
@Starbright
As I mention, I don't think Demon king is able to reincarnate due to the vague legend story saying that he was buried. He could be sealed and Airi is summoned to become the new Hero(Messiah) to deal with the loosening seal of the Demon king that is about to break. The novel that Airi was talking about on page 1 is about Heroine character not the Hero related to the Maydare legend. Heroine as in Female Main Character. On page 3 she lends Kazuha/Maika a manga related to fantasy and own couple more of them, meaning that this is more of her personal interest on the genre rather than vague memory of the past. It's probably just a coincidence/trap on the part she said "heroine smites this super evil witch" on page 1. I think the hair color thing is also a trap too. I mean there is probably a magic to change hair color, appearance or a hair dye lol.

The blonde probably suicide after they murdered 3 of them and follow them into the wheel of reincarnation. Just like I said previously in my speculation, their fate would intertwine with each other. On the page 16 the blonde say Maydare after the murder meaning that "I will met you all on there". So it's a guarantee that they will reincarnate in the same Maydare world.

For the confession thinggy, I think Airi is trying to stir up the situation and trying to get a reference material for her novel. I mean her action doesn't really look like a supportive move to me. On page 7 it shows that Airi tends to do same things on Kazuha/Maika. She probably already started using Kazuha as her character reference long time ago for her novel and trying to get in the same shoe of the character. To get the feeling of it.

It could be that blonde White sage is the one that created this whole mess of reincarnation by using reincarnation magic that he created. So this is probably the only reason why he remembers all the past but the others only piece and bits.

@renuac
If blonde main purpose killing all three of them that doesn't adds up by the order that they were killed. On page 9 blonde already went pass Kazuha/Maika once and he should be able to kill her first. He start killing her after she enter the rooftop. The reason why he kill them all is because he wanted to put them into the wheel of reincarnation. On page 16 he said "Maydare" is the solid proof of that, because the word Maydare in Earth doesn't mean any shit. What he is probably trying to say is "I'll be meeting you all in Maydare". I did write my speculation on the blonde's identity and his purpose on the comments, try check it out.

Fed-Kun's army
There are so much intrigue and mystery just from the first chp. I enjoyed reading everyone's theories.

Personally if they remained true to the hair color, I'd be disappointed since it's such a big giveaway. I want some unexpected twists or a twist like the female friend not being any of the sorcerers or the hero. What if she's just a witch that happened to record the details of Maydare, reincarnated, remembered and wrote about it and then gave it to Maika to read/ study up on. Lol Or that the history of Maydare has actually been twisted. The Hero isn't actually a hero but is the bad guy. I mean, that's done before but I just would rather it wasn't straightforward. ... Unless the trick is that we would think it shouldn't be clear cut but it actually is.

It would be pretty interesting too if the three were actually in a dream and the blonde guy 'killed' them to wake them up?

@roxanneayy I don't think the hair color relating to there identity will ruin the mystery since in the novel there are two characters with white hair. So the white mages identity is a mystery and begs the question why wasn't he reincarnated with the other people. And if the blonde guy doesn't relate to those people in legends who exactly is he. So I think it's still plenty enough mysterious even knowing some of the characters. We atleast know for sure that the main character relates to the scarlet witch.

Is it something like the blonde guy is the hero and them 3 are the witches or the descended from them

Everyone's theory is super fun to read lol good job guys.

Thanks for translating this series, Solace and NASS

Dex-chan lover
so she's that witch, he - the black demon king and the blonde guy - the hero killing them? hmm then where's the white sage? 👻

edit: oh, seems like everyone thought the same LOL, totally no mystery here...

Fed-Kun's army
Oh this is very interesting for shoujo isekai (or really isekai in general). Looks like it's going to be plot heavy, I'm looking forward to it.
A lot of mystery here. I especially like that their pre isekai selves are somehow relevant to the current story.

Users who are viewing this thread