Mazumeshi Elf to Yuboku gurashi - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - A way home

Double-page supporter
Sooo, a chinese sounding name with 1500 man and woman. My bet on this xiufu is a chinese emperor with his terracota warrior and concubines

Dex-chan lover
Where there's a will...
Also, what kind of Celtic elf are you? Can't even handle the hooch.

Contributor
@Sep10trion
Their "life water" looks like some form of wine or kumis, and that's really low alcohol content. Plus that's a rarity.
So depending how long she's been there, she might've not had actual liquor for a long time.

Aggregator gang
@Avenger88id nah they're probably talking about Xu Fu an imperial alchemist and taoist tasked by the then ruler of the Qin Dynasty to search for the Elixir of Life. He brought 3000 boys and girls on a voyage in the sea to look for it, but he never came back.

Dex-chan lover
@imfromkissmangabutitsgone I think you got the whole “curiosity killed the cat” reversed here.

Rock ma is peaking MC’s curiosity by not telling him anything. If she continues to refuse telling him, he eventually would look elsewhere to find a way back. If he did eventually find a way back, say from a book or someone told him, there’s a chance that whatever told him how to get back to his world wouldn’t warn him of the dangers of this method. In this case, it really would be his curiosity that lead to his death.

If Rock ma told him the method and the dangers but he still decided to go through with it, it wouldn’t be his curiosity that killed him but his recklessness

Who is the Zaac that Lefay mentioned as required reading in our world? I am assuming that Zaac refers to Isaac, but I can't figure out which author she would be referring too who would also write about Dwarves.

Aggregator gang
something about the art style on the rock lady's face makes me supremely uncomfortable. a boulder firmly lodged into the cliff face on the side of the Uncanny Valley

Double-page supporter
@NoTofu i google him and looks like you are right. So that means xu fu meaning of life water is not àlcoholic drink, but real elixir? Looks like there will be trouble for our mc.

Xufu was the guy who was sent out by Qin Shi Huang to search for the Elixir of Life.

Double-page supporter
goddamn this manga is good. the fact that they based a character off a real historical person and gave such a compelling story to him deserves high praise.

not only that but if you tweak his story enough and throw in some sci-fi mumbo jumbo you could make a legit case he ended up in that world

Dex-chan lover
This is great and all, but I'm bothered by a thing...

How was it snowing and winter 7 days walk from camp nomad, and the FUCKING MOUNTAINS are bare?

They didn't walk for 6 months to get there; it was portrayed as maybe a week, and walking over rough terrain takes WAY more time, especially with pack animals; they can't be more than 40-50 miles from where it was snowing in a forest region, so... those mountains should be nearly-to-completely impassable with the amount of snow they have.
... Or should have.

I don't really care about it, but it's pretty fuckin ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread