MD Merch: Can You Dig It?

MD Merch: Can You Dig It?

• NobunagaOda's "My Neighbor MangaDex" - https://mangadex.org/thread/38101/2/#post_290926

Votes: 211 29.2%
  • Laxx's "Fat Cat!" - https://mangadex.org/thread/38101/2/#post_345911

Votes: 48 6.6%
  • Lynia's "Cat Dozing on a Book" - https://mangadex.org/thread/38101/1/#post_258174

Votes: 274 38.0%
  • No, I would not buy MD merchandise at all

Votes: 189 26.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
Cats on books.
MqNq.gif

Contributor
Would buy for sure...if you ship in Europe too.
I like the Cat on book...Because it remind me of my cat.

Contributor
Offtopic here, but MangaDex is the best thing that ever happened for the 'outside of Japan' manga lovers. Big Thank You!

Group Leader
I agree with mech.
Not sure that I'd buy a T-shirt with those on it. However a mug or something else? why not.

I love the totoro design but it's just a shame to have that on a tshirt because it's so small and doesn't really fit the medium.

I prefer merch like sticker of mangadex logo or something to stick on my notebook or tablet that I’d bring and use daily.

Dex-chan lover
i like the last one... but it would be great if the logo of mangadex is used for t shirt print design...

i like the idea of selling merch to cover the expense and upgreading of the site... just make sure that it is used for the site... people dont want to get their trust ruined...

Dex-chan lover
I don't think I'd wear a Mangadex shirt, but I'd buy stuff like mugs, keychains, or similar trinkets. But good luck on justifying it as "non-profit" to manga publishers... copyright strikes might just come flying in like a locust plague.

is a Reindeer
VIP
@zetsuravez We have no interest in making a profit. It would be easier and leagues greater of a financial gain to just implement ads. No staff member wants that to happen though, because we use the site everyday and ads are gross :x

We can't guarantee that donations will continue to rise at the same rate our server costs do at this scale. Merchandise isn't an avenue we can rely on to fund MangaDex's servers completely but it'll help create a surplus so that we don't have to worry too much about lack of donations. Also gives users something tangible in return unlike donations

@RexNemorensis
We receive DMCA takedown notices in the thousands already.

As long as the T-shirts are made with good materials and the prices are reasonable I wouldn't mind. I've seen T-shirts for up to 50 $ on some sites. Yikes!

Im not here for more than 2 months but here is my input: Isn't merchandise for everyone to get, not only supporters? :-o Well whatever, I would support you either wai.

Miku best girl
Admin
Merchandise would be open for all to purchase.

Double-page supporter
I'm sorry, but at the moment I do not even have the money to buy myself a coffee and I'm serious.
For this reason I voted that I will not buy anything, it seemed correct to write it.
I apologize. '^^

VIP
I personally think shirts are good! I'd wear one with nobu's design its cute lol

idk about other ppl but the only other kind of merch that I'd be interested in would be like keychains or stickers (good lasting!!! I want to put on my water bottle) or plushies... Outside of that I think would be a bit much imo

Ooh, I like the My Neighbor and Cat Dozing shirt designs. It was a tough call to say which I'd prefer. Went with My Neighbor, though, given the Cat Dozing on Book seems to have plenty of traction as it is.

That said, I second the idea of adding smaller merch items like coffee/tea cups to the list; I'd also want to throw water bottles and hats into the idea pile as well, given those can be used/taken anywhere and use the same designs as the shirts. Would it be possible to consider those, or even other little accessories like pins, key chains, or refrigerator magnets?

i'd buy a pin-up calendar containing all the mangadex staff in sexy cosplay

The totoro parody looks cute but that doesn’t look like it will print well on a shirt.

Group Leader
+1 more for non-clothing merchandise. mugs, tumblers, keychains or suitcase name tags.. or even a figurine =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread