Meguro-san wa Hajimete ja Nai - Ch. 74 - Helped me find the answers together

Dex-chan lover
I have this feeling that the author legitimately does not get that Meguro was sexually exploited by a person in power she trusted.

The author seems to think it was just like a casual fling and nothing else.
that doesn't seem right either, because the characters (except Koga apparently) ARE self-aware enough to understand that Zaizen DID manipulate and exploited Meguro's innocence and inexperience, and this manga is supposedly her journey in recovering from that and forming a healthy relationship with someone who loves her.

The problem here is HOW Koga views his relationship with Meguro. he is fully aware of Meguro's sexual escapades, and how it fucked her up. I think he's gotten WAY too cautious in how he treats her. As if he think she might regress back to her hypersexual behavior if he tries to get too possessive or make one move TOO intimate for them.

Basically, the way I see it, Koga has too LITTLE faith in himself for being a "perfect" boyfriend for her, and way too MUCH faith in Meguro in being "strong" and avoids sexual inquiries at all cost.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus Christ I just want a nice and wholesome couple manga. Why is that too much to ask for?

I don't mind conflict but it's always the most forced and contrived shit possible, not to mention this weirdass need so many authors have of NTRbaiting even though we all fucking know nothing will come out of it. This shit achieves nothing other than pissing off your readers.

I liked this story so far so I guess I'll put it on hold until more chapters come out and this dogshit arc is over.
i think its because the NTR-bait generates a lot of discussion for basically no effort. like looking over a lot of romance manga whenever there's even a hint of it the comments explode and i assume its the same in japan among those readers as well. basically just good bump for social media without any downside, because i assume a super low percentage of the people who comment "im dropping this" actually do

Aggregator gang
Spoilers for 75 if people are desperate and need their fix

The teacher really doesn't want anything to do with Meguro, sexually or romantically, so that won't be an issue. But him tutoring her does lead to Meguro asking to break things off with Koga because she doesn't feel worthy of him more or less.

There are no more chapters so dunno how it continues.
Ahhh what a shame, i hope that Meguro sleep with his Ex so this dumb AF MC realize that he has a chuck fetish

Not gonna lie, if ANYONE besides MC would be in that situation, they'd logically assume thats a excuse for wanting the teacher back, or having done something with him while tutoring, otherwise she would've just not taken that guy for tutoring again, considering their past 😐

Big yikes development all-round
I mean yeah that makes sense. Why can't you just tutor her yourself, like..?? Unless there are an actual reason like you're too busy because you're new teacher with tons of work to do / you don't know the materials to teach its one thing, but my guy basically just second doubt himself and throw the responsibility to the worst choice imaginable..

Imo if I was Meguro, even I'd think something along the line of "Why not teach me yourself?" Like, "Am I not worthy to be teached by you?" Or at least "Tell me the reason why you're not the one to teach me?", or at least have Koga tell her why to avoid misunderstanding??

I realize the author prob just do this to make some progress / drama in the story, but dangnabit its still baffling to see it after all they both went through already.. 🤦🏻

Dex-chan lover
This is the worst thing you could possibly imagine to happen. Just WHAT

50mfx7.jpg

Yea, I got nothing on this one at all. Close to be a dropped and it was good series too until this

Aggregator gang
With how the story’s been going getting cucked is basically impossible but who in their right mind has their girlfriend’s ex tutor their girlfriend? Especially one that caused her to end up with such a distorted view on love.

The only thing that’ll make this right is if Koga and Meguro finally act out the birds and the bees. All night. Offscreen. I really want to see this after that ‘future’ chapter tease.
Do you remember what chapter the look forward was in?

Dex-chan lover
Aight I am dropping this. I can't endure the MC anymore, he is just too stupid and this seems like is going to be meaningless drama. I also think that this manga tries to be somewhat realistic on the fact that she is 'used goods', but is completely unrealistic because who the hell would want to endure going to a lot of trouble because of her past? seems like that would drain the life out of anyone. This manga is just blueball netorase.
This is one of my biggest issues. The story throws all kinds of drama at us, but the characters react in just stupid abnormal ways. Like when her friend tried to break up with her boyfriend and then nothing at all came of it. Megura having past lovers never phases MC, even though it would for literally any actual human being.

Megura meeting the tutor who used her for sex as a middle school student. "Yo what's up, good and you?".

Like that shit ain't a normal reaction. It's like the author has never been in a social setting before and is just thinking of what the most logical response would be, with zero human emotion involved.

Dex-chan lover
Koga says during the chapter that he has no idea what happened between Meguro and Sensei. Koga only knows that he was her tutor and first love.

Koga suggests that Meguro should be tutored by Sensei because he believes Sensei is a more suitable teacher for Meguro than him, and is someone, who can help Meguro achieve her goal, and isn't letting feelings of jealousy stop him from doing what he thinks is best for his girlfriend.

I'm not saying that Koga's decision is one that everyone, or anyone, would or should be comfortable with, but it's a little sad to see people not recognizing and praising his decision to do what is best for his girlfriend and having the confidence to trust that his girlfriend won't cheat on him rather than letting feelings of insecurity stop him from doing something that can help her when he notices she's trying to improve herself.

Dex-chan lover
Koga says during the chapter that he has no idea what happened between Meguro and Sensei. Koga only knows that he was her tutor and first love.

Koga suggests that Meguro should be tutored by Sensei because he believes Sensei is a more suitable teacher for Meguro than him, and is someone, who can help Meguro achieve her goal, and isn't letting feelings of jealousy stop him from doing what he thinks is best for his girlfriend.

I'm not saying that Koga's decision is one that everyone, or anyone, would or should be comfortable with, but it's a little sad to see people not recognizing and praising his decision to do what is best for his girlfriend and having the confidence to trust that his girlfriend won't cheat on him rather than letting feelings of insecurity stop him from doing something that can help her when he notices she's trying to improve herself.
I had this thought too, actually, like how much DOES Koga know about Meguro's relationship with THAT guy of all people? I get that Koga trusts Meguro that they wouldn't try anything alone together, but I just wish the author presented this plotline idea in a more sensible and less dismaying way, because dramatic irony REALLY fucked the author over here.

Yeah, sure. He's so thoughtful he'd probably just accept her cheating on him as something she needs to do. Instead of being the teacher she needed, he hands her over to someone else. Which is right after he learns who that someone is. All because he is too nice and wouldn't be a good tutor to her. I don't mind him not knowing what their past was like but doing that after going through the whole spiel of "let's figure this out together" and "I'll be there for you" deserves nothing but contempt.

Users who are viewing this thread