Mercenary Enrollment

Dex-chan lover
So I dunno what also happened, but my speculations is due to requests of the publishers or authors, chapters were taken down. 3 days ago, Reaper Scans (The scanlator of this series) removed some of the series they are scanlating due to takedown requests, this series being one of them.
F

Dex-chan lover
I only read the first few chapters, so I have an honest question.

Is this another one of those [South Korean] series where female characters do horrible things to other people, the main [male] character beats the living crap out of bad guys (male), and then he just glares at the horrible female characters? One of those where the female characters never face any sincere punishment for their bad actions?

Or does it maybe go even worse where the bad female characters even get a chance for redemption and to turn their behavior around specifically because they never got punished for their bad actions?

That's a leading question, but I just read a few chapters, and in response to guys bullying his sister, the main character beats the crap out of them, but when it comes to the girls doing the exact same thing, he just glared at them and did nothing even though he's a literal experienced mercenary.

Last edited:
hey the chapters 144 and 145 are released on mangasiamese.com earlier

75e7fac6-c9f4-43ce-ae0e-cbf06f28f99b.jpg

This series reads like wattpad wish fulfillment idk how anybody can actually take this series seriously lmao.

Aggregator gang
Mercenary Enrollment / Teenage Mercenary may seem simple in construction and in fact it is. The difference is that the mechanics of the story allow secondary characters to surprise during the story.

I've been reading until the last chapters, and well, one foot in "shounen" and the other in "war stories". The obvious plot is: "the protagonist has a mercenary background and uses this knowledge to survive in a different universe (Korean urban life).

At first the story would apparently go down a path of "school problems" (bullies bothering, that sort of thing), but it escalated to political fights and kidnapping attempts. And then connecting with Ijin's past as a mercenary.

One obvious thing is: we know that the protagonist (so far) is going to save the day. We just don't know who the secondary character will be that will steal the scene or provide some new detail.

A flaw in the script, in my opinion, is that it still doesn't go very deeply into Yu Ijin's past, however, this serves as an excuse to introduce different future details, otherwise it would tie up the script too much - something that even happened in some past chapters, a situation that if more had been revealed about this past, it would have truncated the story.

Could the story be better? It's hard to say, I'm not a screenwriter and I don't have the same talent as YC to do something similar. I admire and follow the story as a fan. Even seeing a young man who has suffered a lot in life punching corrupt politicians and militiamen is completely satisfying.

PS: i use Google Translator from portuguese to english. Sorry for any mistakes :)

Users who are viewing this thread