Mezametara Saikyou Soubi to Uchuusenmochi Datta node, Ikkodate Mezashite Youhei toshite Jiyuu ni Ikitai - Vol. 8 Ch. 39.2

Dex-chan lover
Side-by-side picture if anyone's curious.
luciada_and_mimi.png
man mimi is HUGE

Dex-chan lover
I feel like they're gonna show this coin to the shipbuilder and they're gonna go "oh boy instead of the ship you want, how about this weird mothership I made instead?", like a typical "blacksmith gives MC the secret powerful sword" trope.

A non-custom-built mothership just seems like it'd be kind of out of place, considering how unique Krishna apparently is.
If I'm not wrong it's going to be not like that. Sure the MC and Mei is going to customize the hell out of the ship, but it's going to be okay?

Fed-Kun's army
You misunderstood me. The risk of Hiro causing a trouble (in eyes of other nobles and first class citizens) would be a possible vulnerability that the other nobles could use against the Count just to either give him a flick on the forehead or possibly even dealing him a blow (to his reputation or influence).

It wouldn't be Hiro causing trouble nor him picking a fight, but some other noble could pick a fight with him, blame him for insulting a noble or even frame him into something else.

It's basically the same circumstances like in chapter 15 when Serena offers Hiro a position of her personal contracted mercenary.
17880412_1403_2000_157964.webp
Ofc it's not the contracted mercenary so not everything is the same, but at least panel 1 on this page is.

If count gets first class citizenship for Hiro it's like announcing he's his sponsor or whatever yet at the same time he doesn't really have any right to punish him or defend him unless he's under his supervision directly so panel number 2 and 3 is out.
Being a noble or a knight he will be like his vassal so as his superior he will be in all the right to punish or defend him so panel 2 and 3 will be ENFORCED and it's not like he can discard him unless it is the count who literally frames Hiro into the crime.

Basically it's like you feed a stray cat that doesn't want to come into your house. If somebody comes and bullies the cat you can defend that cat but only when you see it happening, otherwise the cat runs away and you'll probably not gonna see him again. Simply grooming the cat won't protect him from the bullies.

So if he got a reward a reward from a count it means he has some connection to him, and because he's just a mercenary and not even some high ranking one (yet) so they don't even know his strength.
They could target him and get him in trouble or even just try to off him.

And, well, right now if he were to fight a noble or military fleet head on he would lose if he didn't manage to run away so avoiding in getting targetted from nobles is in his best interest and that includes not getting first class citizenship directly from the count.

And that's also what he does. Maybe Hiro won't realize all of that instantly but the count may already be aware of this possibility and that's why he doesn't try to give that to him.

Also: The whole thing of him owning a home on a planet is just a dream to be fulfilled in the future and honestly speaking, I think the whole adventure for him to earn for that goal is a better of a goal than the home on a planet itself. Like it's not a race to have a home on a planet, it's not like he's got two kid in queue to be born or something yet, right? :boomer:
Some heavy stuff there. In some other sci-fi settings with interstellar empires, noble houses, and stuff, mercenaries can earn a citizenship, a piece of land, or even a whole star system. Although the more significant rewards are reserved to the commanders of a fleet or a mecha regiment(s). And those who don't want the land, they find a buyer and sell it.

Dex-chan lover
Use spoiler warnings when talking about future events, regardless of importance.
Just a warning to all readers: (about the quality) of the next arc [if it follows the LN]:

It will be awful. The plot stops making sense, the characterization of the characters that we love and has been spot on so far starts to deteriorate, and many other things. It'll feel like a different writer.

With that said, if you can endure it, the story does get a lot better afterwards. Not as good as it's been so far (it never quite recovers and the author forgets things they've previously written, replacing it with inferior solutions... lots of plot holes), but if the story now is a 9, next arc falls to a 2, then the series bounces between a 7 and a 4 going forward after the next arc.

It'll still be a fun story, that much I can assure you.

The possible good news: if the mangaka here is smart, they'll fix the plot holes and the writing and be able to do so without changing the plot points of the story. This means, we could see the story reman as good as it is now.

One example of this LN author's forgetfulness (I don't think it spoils anything—you can't guess what happens or when—but I'll hide it here because apparently it does.):
there's an issue with security next arc (that is briefly mentioned once and has nothing to do with the plot or characters). The (logical) solution would be for the guards to set their guns to stun (as the main character has done so in the first couple chapters). The LN author forgot about stun mode and made a scene absolutely ridiculous and nonsensical that's played for laughs (you won't guess what it is from this because I didn't specify anything). The mangaka could just remember what the LN author forgot and change the result to get an equally funny scene that makes way more sense.

Here's hoping for the best.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
Spoilers?
Some heavy stuff there. In some other sci-fi settings with interstellar empires, noble houses, and stuff, mercenaries can earn a citizenship, a piece of land, or even a whole star system. Although the more significant rewards are reserved to the commanders of a fleet or a mecha regiment(s). And those who don't want the land, they find a buyer and sell it.
Sure. Other sci-fi settings. I mean the mercenary earning a citizenship is not out of question. As I said in the first message
I think that for Emperor or the imperial family it could be easier to make him a first class citizen if he refused nobility, however for a noble like a count it might not be so much easier but more troublesome and it may be less beneficial than him earning that on his own.
The emperor might do it immediately and depending on politics people may not want to mess with emperor or whoever is the ruler. It might also be possible there is a duke who is exceptionally powerful and nobody wants to mess with him, while the emperor is a wuss.
What I said is just a possibility and without knowing the full picture you can't say it's all nonsense. Politics play a big role in that and honestly we know almost nothing about politics in the empire other than they have tense relations with one of their neighbor, nor if their last battle with the neighbor caused a war or was just a small skirmish.
Heck we don't even know if the ruler is a man or a woman (no spoilers please) so that's it.
Just a warning to all readers: the next arc
tenor.gif

NANANA NO NOT GONNA READ, JUST USE A SPOILER TAG AND EAT A REPORT FOR NOW.

Dex-chan lover
If I'm not wrong it's going to be not like that. Sure the MC and Mei is going to customize the hell out of the ship, but it's going to be okay?
If anyone interested want to know what happen next, well buying the mothership is smooth at the least. But the resident and the engineer of the next planet is a dwarf…and they are nerd on spaceship. So basically after Hiro and co arrive at the planet, they got annoyed flocked by that nerd group everyday. And on the ship workshop, there will be 2 new dwarf harem engineer that well..either klutz or troublemaker for Hiro. Some troubles here and there during the stay, that in the end that 2 dwarf lent to the Hiro as technician for the mothership and as “hush hush apology for keep making trouble” for Hiro. You should read the novel to see the detail of what happened during their stay

 I feel like they're gonna show this coin to the shipbuilder and they're gonna go "oh boy instead of the ship you want, how about this weird mothership I made instead?", like a typical "blacksmith gives MC the secret powerful sword" trope.

A non-custom-built mothership just seems like it'd be kind of out of place, considering how unique Krishna apparently is.
I was literally here to post this same exact principle. Basically, MC is about to show up at said planet and plans to get a "regular mothership" only to get surprised with an OP as fook ship that exceeds their expectations! A CUSTOM MODEL!

Also, given the reaction from the count, I'm like 95% sure our little navigator is actually an imperial princess! Makes sense given who else but royalty or some other famous person (or infamous, if we go the villain route) would catch the eye of the count? Ergo—🥂 here's betting on that epic plot reveal for our unsuspecting first female companion!

Beyond that, GO CHRIS! 🥂🔥 FIGHT FOR THAT ROMANTIC POTENTIAL! (If I turn out correct about the first female lead getting the Imperial Princess reveal that I am anticipating, then Chris will have quite the rivalry — I mean, our MC has quite the throng pining after him as it is.)

Next question: Will the engineer turn out to be Cid's Daughter, a Precis Neumann, a female engineer who ends up joining our compatriots? Will the engineer fall right out of seinen story plot? Will she join the team and give them her family's masterwork? How's this plot gonna develop‽🥂

Spoilers?

Sure. Other sci-fi settings. I mean the mercenary earning a citizenship is not out of question. As I said in the first message

The emperor might do it immediately and depending on politics people may not want to mess with emperor or whoever is the ruler. It might also be possible there is a duke who is exceptionally powerful and nobody wants to mess with him, while the emperor is a wuss.
What I said is just a possibility and without knowing the full picture you can't say it's all nonsense. Politics play a big role in that and honestly we know almost nothing about politics in the empire other than they have tense relations with one of their neighbor, nor if their last battle with the neighbor caused a war or was just a small skirmish.
Heck we don't even know if the ruler is a man or a woman (no spoilers please) so that's it.

tenor.gif

If anyone interested want to know what happen next, well buying the mothership is smooth at the least. But the resident and the engineer of the next planet is a dwarf…and they are nerd on spaceship. So basically after Hiro and co arrive at the planet, they got annoyed flocked by that nerd group everyday. And on the ship workshop, there will be 2 new dwarf harem engineer that well..either klutz or troublemaker for Hiro. Some troubles here and there during the stay, that in the end that 2 dwarf lent to the Hiro as technician for the mothership and as “hush hush apology for keep making trouble” for Hiro. You should read the novel to see the detail of what happened during their stay
Kinda figured. My next suspected plot is—SECRET IMPERIAL PRINCESS! Or something to that effect! 🤣🥂🔥

Dex-chan lover
tenor.gif

I spoiled nothing of the plot or any specifics that would reveal anything of use or value. I'm only sharing the warning of the drop in quality ahead of time, and that waiting it out will be rewarded with a still-fun story afterwards.

There's nothing to report.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
She's gonna build the nest for him i see
It's knowing that your door is always open and your path is free to walk

That makes me tend to leave my sleeping bag rolled up and stashed behind your couch
. . .

This was an excellent story arc, and the conclusion was very nicely done. I suppose there's a little bit of Indiana Jones and Marion here, and so one might naturally expect that he will show up again

If you want to know, here. If you don't want spoilers, don't read it.
Well, no. They go to the company and Mei goes full classic AI "The most efficient way to do <assigned task>" and makes it into whats basically a battle carrier with a huge ass railgun.

so does the badge mean the count is paying for it or is it just a way to get ahead of the line and maybe pay a bit less?
Spoiler but not really, very minor spoiler.
yeah so that coin, at least up until ch 420-something of the LN didn't have any use. Idk if itll be useful later than that but we'll its kinda just there as far as I know.

If you're interested, the novels now have English spoken audiobooks. 7 have been done and the 8th should be out in the first half of this month. They are made, sold and are available for download on audible.com.
But you don't get any of the character and other illustrations. The books are pretty worth it imo. But it's up to personal preference ig.

Thanks for the recommendation, but I prefer reading at my own pace. Also I tend to get distracted easily when I'm not reading.

Is it comes with the texts as well?
There are normal LN volumes too. You also get some illustrations with those, they are up to volume 7 with the official English TL, with vol8 being available for pre-order as far as I know.
BTW the Amazon page for that is linked in the manga description on this site.

Users who are viewing this thread