Miageru to Kimi wa - Vol. 4 Ch. 33 - A Final Time

I wasn't expecting this to end. The expressions are beautiful. Thank you for taking the time to translate this series! Happy 1st Anniversary!

Thanks for finishing it! Really had to force myself to read the last few chapters though since it got really boring but that’s just my opinion. Was a decent manga nonetheless.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much for translating this series, great work! i love it, and in memory of early chapters:

...so cool

Thanks for the translations! I really liked this one, all the characters were great. I just wish it went on a little longer, it feels like it left a lot of loose ends.

Dex-chan lover
Well, it was pleasant journey, but feels axed - changing focus to the group of friends instead of MC's didn't make any good to the story imho, and all that in the end feels rushed and not closed enough - in one chapter skipp almost a year but instead graduation ceremony or "trip to New York together" or something, that's sure's us, that they'll be together after (bcs with this emotional storytelling it felt like fairytale all the way, amd fairytales requires some "happily ever after" in the last page instead "I will move on another end of the earth in one year and you - you dont even know what you want), we've got this axed ending.
Anyway, my complaints doesn't meen that it was bad - I really liked this story, but feel sad with this ending, that's not closed the story enough imho.
P.s. and these was no kiss, right? Bcs I dont remember it. Man, this romantic story without kiss even in last chapter infuriates me ><

This manga gets some flack for not following the same developments of normal romance manga, but I loved everything about it all the way through, even this friendship focused open ending. Its just another part of the series' charm in my eyes. The art is beautiful and the manga never failed to give me warm fuzzy feelings, and really thats all it needed to do.

Dex-chan lover
@Barnacles
Can't agree more

I love this kind of story, SoL and no drama (or at least just a light one)
And sometimes anticlimactic ending is good, especially for a certain story

Dex-chan lover
Great story from beginning to the end. Thanks for finishing it.

Dex-chan lover
Well the manga really lost me in the final chapters, but still a decent read. Thanks for translating.

Fed-Kun's army
Definitely feels like it got axed the story was going so well and then it just crashed and burned right at the end.

@Darklight99
I certainly am left bait and switch feeling. What a waste of a good setup.

Dex-chan lover
Congrats on having a completed series, JT. Looking forward to your next scanlation. :)

Thank you so much Jasmine for scanlating this series! No matter my final thoughts, I still really appreciate that I got to read this because of your work. That being said, if anyone's curious, here are my final thoughts on Miageru to Kimi wa:
I mentioned this before, but chapters 25 and 26 really felt like the ending of this manga for me, and I know I'm not alone on that. There was something about the dialogue between the MCs and the build up to the final moments of the festival that just really had a note of finality to it. And after reading these last few chapters, I think that feeling has only been cemented within me. Everything that happened in chapters 27-33 (besides the time skip in this chapter) felt like it should have happened before the climax of this series rather than being its climax, falling action, and ending like it was.
The conversation about Takamine's past, the possibility of Takamine being a professional musician in America, the resolution between Tachibana and Yuuki, and the romantic development between Yuuki and Takamine (which, let's be real, wasn't much of a development), all felt like they should have been given more time to be explored. Unfortunately, each moment felt rushed and/or looked over in some ways, which really made these last few chapters feel more like interconnected one shots to the story, and not like the actual plot of the story itself.
In the end, despite my opinion, I still liked this manga and its characters. I'll probably reread it a few times, and I do think it's worth a read for anyone interested in it. But, as sad as it is to say, it's definitely one of those stories that I'll always remember as having "had great potential but failed in the end to reach it in full".

Feels like a major crash at the end, which is kinda disappointing, because the characters were so warm and interesting, even though the story itself was simple. I'm bummed it ended like this, it seemed so refreshing pretty much up through the festival arc.
Nevertheless, thanks for all your hardwork in translating the series! You did a great job.

Double-page supporter
Thank you for all your hard work with this series Jasmine Tea! Shame the series sputtered out at the end, but it was a fun ride the whole way through!

Users who are viewing this thread