Mieruko-chan - Ch. 56

KZO

Dex-chan lover
I said get a room out loud a second before I read it.

Dex-chan lover
Kid's got priorities already, dang.
TvTzWxi.png

Just realized those floating shoes make it look like Miko hanged herself and the kid is complimenting her.
ccuh1tR.png

If only our teammates are like that.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Oh no! Even Miko is in danger of being Yurified by that look! 😳
(Not that I mind at all :meguusmug: )

Edit: Jokes aside it's crazy how many predatorial ghost are appearing now. From the twisted thing that showed up the day of the storm, the guy with the gardening scissors, this crazy naked bitch and that now that ominous hatman. Is it all consequences of the seal that broke after they let the Mountain God free from it's slavery?
Wait, which twisted thing? Help me remember.

Dex-chan lover
pounds table and chants O! T! 3! O! T! 3!! O! T! 3!!!

Also a cool sequence to remind us about Dad.

Banned
I am SO FASCINATED by what is going on with her dad. I am assuming he could also see spirits, like Miko does, and one reason he's sticking around is to keep the house a safe space for her
I kinda assumed it was more that, like, he's essentially the "god" of the house; it's obviously all very shinto-based, and Mieriko maintains his shrine and regularly leaves offerings, which in a lot of stories like this is how gods (which appear to simply be especially powerful spirits) get their power.

Dex-chan lover
Damn. First of, agreed with Miko. Michiru looks hella cute with those horns and tail tendrils.

Second, seeing her worried about her brother like that was so wholesome. It may even mislead people into thinking she's a brocon. XD

Third, dad is such a champ. Literally telling that lady ghost no and she was even intimidated by that dog ghost.

And finally, man with a hat is actually the same as the middle-aged man? I hate that this series is monthly but every chapter always feels like it's worth waiting in some ways.

Dex-chan lover
I am SO FASCINATED by what is going on with her dad. I am assuming he could also see spirits, like Miko does, and one reason he's sticking around is to keep the house a safe space for her
The dad is already dead, idk what the other thing in the house is but they seem to be a set. Only Mieruko can see them.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda assumed it was more that, like, he's essentially the "god" of the house; it's obviously all very shinto-based, and Mieriko maintains his shrine and regularly leaves offerings, which in a lot of stories like this is how gods (which appear to simply be especially powerful spirits) get their power.
I'm thinking that such "memorial shrines" are pretty common. I've seen them in other manga -- it's basically an in-house memorial to the dead. So I don't think that it's anything to do with him being a household god.

However... My quick search indicated that it was shinto based (not buddhist based). And there's the pretty obvious fact -- her name is "Miko" == "Shinto Priestess". So a pretty obvious guess: The family line is of Shinto priests. I.e. something like, even though the family not longer runs a Shinto Shrine, the Shinto Priest/Priestess lineage still applies.

Users who are viewing this thread