Mieruko-chan - Vol. 10 Ch. 53

Dex-chan lover
what a gal you are Hana
truly the best buddy someone could have
Michiru might even be able to be good bud with Hana now too
and the confidence MIko had in Hana been ok is great as well

Dex-chan lover
If your parents are dead and your little sister is autistic, you need professional help. Don't try to tackle everything on your own, it will not go well. Her sister only helped Michiru build her cocoon.
We need to think from her perspective, they're both underaged at the time so big sister is probably also on the brink of mental break down but she didn't show it to care for her sister. She's not in the correct mental state either, heck she still have the will to live and care for her little sister is already good enough job. It's easy to see things trough as an outsider since we're not the one having to carry the burden.

Last edited:
My guess is that tentacles ghost is her mentality, as in her mental health.
However, I don't understand as to why it manifests into tentacles ghost.

Contributor
Nobody ever die in this work, even in these hopeless situations everything solved itself. Michiru is now fixed thank to hungry Hana. :LOL:

Dex-chan lover
It's nice that they're getting along, but I was kinda hoping that the two spirits fighting would cause Michiru to finally be seen by Miko.

Dex-chan lover
Dunno why it didn't hit me before but you guys are right, Michiru is clearly autistic. And I'm not sure if the author is going there, but it would be likely then that the monster covering her face represents that, or maybe formed out of the pain of being rejected because she doesn't know how to interact with kids she want to be friends with.

Miko says she paradoxically has no trouble telling how Michiru feels, but the struggle is from her end, as she basically blind to anything else but her very strong feelings/delusions/expectations.

Really didn't expect that wholesome conclusion, it was beautiful. Even funny at the end, there's everything here, we're blessed.

I'm still waiting for a Training Arc! Because no matter how cool it was to see that Hana's kindness was just that powerful, they were nevertheless all blind to the danger they were in the second before it shone.

I may need to stop seeing this like if it was a shonen, but I feel like the world built is just too dangerous for them to stay powerless for so long.

Dex-chan lover
I knew this one would be really sweet. The sister isn't a creep just protects her sister in a weird way because Michiru will do something weird or extreme and typically lose her friends. Hana is so sweet too and was literally in tears because she wanted someone else to support and cheer up her best friend. That last panel with Michiru feeding her gives me life.

Dex-chan lover
So hum, did Hana's Aura cover the tentacle and that's what defeated that big one? Seems like it to me.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation ! This arc got the best ending it could get :D ! Praise to Hana our living spirit energy battery :lul:

Dex-chan lover
... that's it?

That's what we've been going in circles for about fifteen chapters and three volumes for?

All those teeth-grinding misunderstandings and fakeouts to reach a "power of friendship" resolution out of the blue?

What a waste of an arc.
We got wholesome story here, what's so bad about it? And since begin the storytelling is about a weird girl that want to be friend (more than friend it seems) with Miko, and she got the chance to be friend with Miko properly and even with Hana and Yulia, so it's good thing. After all, it's not like, intense conflicts like the shrine arc is always better.
Anyways, there are still other interesting things in this arc, such as creature that try to attacked Romm, or creature that mimic You's voice.

Users who are viewing this thread