Mieruko-chan - Vol. 2 Ch. 14.2

Dex-chan lover
i don't know what its mean 3 times well her soul taking after they save her 3 times
or
they only save her 3 times and she goes back to shrine pay 500 yen and prays to fox looking god thing and he helps her 3 more times

man i am confusion :/

Miko probably will be forced to become an actual miko.
Shrine is rundown. God almost forgoten and not in his best form. So she will probably be forced to serve shrine as payment.
Which also will progress the story and give her some powers.

Dex-chan lover
if anyone are still wondering , this is really chapter 14.5 , not chapter 15 , because the 1st page doesnt have any chapter 's number like in previous chapters :

m1.png

Aggregator gang
Always wondering what will happen if those ghost "notice" that she can see them. I guess we now have the answer.
And only "1" more time.....Is it about "saving" her only or anything else include I wonder.

Fed-Kun's army
Do you think she could offer more to the same shrine for more help?or just hit up another shrine .

Fed-Kun's army
YES! I was right! Her clapping her hands and touching the ground really did serve as an invocation of sort linked to the stuff from the Shrine.
@CivilSky It really was the effect of the blessing from the Inari Shrine. The "magic circle" wasn't imagined by the chuuni girl. She's not actually hallucinating. It's just that Miko (the main girl) didn't notice it.

Fed-Kun's army
@mikebeaston @Gackt1 While there is obviously only 1 time left, I think that her having hand with a finger up in that way was more so just a hand-sign thing for teleportation/disappearing/etc.

Fed-Kun's army
@Ingway Oh shit, you're right, that spirit is still out there, so it could come back. Hopefully it's bound to that location. I sure do hope so.

@Metasepia Yeah, I too really think she should become a shrine maiden. Heck, maybe that way she'd even learn how to exorcise spirits. That or just serve the Inari gods.

Dex-chan lover
@Sancturil

if this was anything other than a great manga, I'd expect the Inari gods to make her offer something to them like her first born child or something. But I'm not knowledgeable on Japanese Mythology so I know nothing about how Inari gods act or are supposed to act. Though just being a shrine maiden under their protection is something that'd be best for her.

Fed-Kun's army
@remiska Maybe this series is going the Lovecraft/Bloodborne approach, as in the more insight you have (and/or the more power your eyes have), the more you see things(with those things being accordingly more powerful) and the more you see the more you fall into madness.
The frequency thing mentioned by @Boomthorkell is also a good guess.
(Edit: Seems like @Talismaster explained it better than me.)

@feha I find it funny that her name is Miko and that things are pointing toward her potentially become a miko (shrine priestess/maiden)

@Sancturil i think you're getting ahead of yourself.

why would miko need to invoke a magic circle to get the inari to show up? she was already in contract with them, and it looks more likely to me that they show up when they deem it necessary to save her.
the only one who sees the magic circle or the barrier is someone who routinely misreads the situation. literally, in this chapter alone she imagines Miko performing an exorcism, which again we know she didnt do. this same person mishears what miko says in her first appearance as miko threatening to kill her. are you honestly telling me that this person who clearly cannot tell imagination from reality is somehow a credible point of view when she imagines miko doing something we know she isnt doing and the effects of which are never made apparant?

you can make assumptions about what brought the inari here and how three claps totally made a magic circle that summoned them, but its still just an assumption on what is not nearly enough information to say for certain. i would have to ask first why we're assuming the inari's blessing would either be manually invoked by someone with no knowledge about it, or why it seemingly had no effect. then we'd have to ask if the inari would have shown up without it. if not, then inari basically reneged on the promise they made to save her 3 times, because she'd be dead, and would never need saving again.

meanwhile what we can say for certain is that the only person who saw a magic circle (and more specifically made note of the barrier, not the magic circle) is someone we already know isnt a trustworthy point of view.

Fed-Kun's army
So - we have a spirit that actually knows her ability to see them on the loose (ie: viable prey), and a best friend who can literally act as a beacon for said spirit.

Meru is not going to feel well once she realises this. That is assuming that she already realises that she is living on completely borrowed time thanks to a God spirit.

Dex-chan lover
in this case, pretty sure inari kamisama know her friends wiII attract great eviI spirit, so he asked for 3 of it for his food

and that's 1

Users who are viewing this thread