Mieruko-chan - Vol. 3 Ch. 20

Double-page supporter
@ Arexty
@ alexsdu
He's the same guy on the cover of the book that Miko was reading in Ch. 7
Good catch. I didn't notice that one at all. Or maybe because it was on the book, so I thought that it's some literature from that era, and ignore it.

MD@Home
Im gonna be honest, that scare the shit out of me this time, i was alone in my room with the lights off
I thinks she will use the other chance to save hana

Dex-chan lover
For me, the reason this is so unnerving is that the strange shrine spirit things protecting her imply that she's been in ACTUAL DANGER. And it's not clear what exactly that danger is. Usually, people (including her) can just harmlessly pass through ghosts, but there's the implication that they can cause genuine harm if they become aware of her ability.

Not usually a fan of horror, but I think this manga gets it right by mixing it with other genres. Makes the spooky stuff actually spooky.

Dex-chan lover
this is actually getting mad interesting, a spirit disguising itself as a normal boy and then taking out one of the shrine spirits (or whatever they are)

So the couple on the fountain’s ghost is sneaking suspicions. the woman idk, the old man is exhaustion? And that boy got her, almost got her

Fed-Kun's army
what can ghosts do? given that some people just pass through them. But it seems she's in danger because they're protecting her.

Dex-chan lover
@redmikan there's this superstition in Japan that ghost are harmless if you can't see them, but if you can see them they can harm you. That's why she's trying so hard to pretend she can't see them all the time.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine THIS fucking scene being animated. Holy shit, I would piss my pants 3 times over watching something like that without knowing beforehand.

... I really want to see this animated. The monsters should stay black and white though, to keep the eerie feeling. Actually nevermind, I don't want to see this animated. The monsters would 100% get the bad CG treatment.

unknown.png

Dude be looking like Yoshikage Kira

Supporter
had to go back and look closely. it seems the mom indeed was not holding the kid's hand. he was holding hers, but she wasn't holding back. impossible to notice beforehand.

also those creepy shrine spirit girls are kinda cute

Users who are viewing this thread