Mieruko-chan - Vol. 3 Ch. 23

zen is scary but he did the right thing. I saw a video on YT where they found 3 sealed cartons full of kittens (about 20 of them). If those people had not found the cartons all of them would have died.

Dex-chan lover
Hana really loves Miko eh ? Cute.

Uh oh its time to pay the piper, wtf is Miko gonna have to pay ?

So Zen was crazy either way eh?

@Ultimaniac
I'm pretty sure that's traditional Japanese. Really old characters were written that way and it'd make sense because shrine maidens are pretty traditional.

Three saves are up. Now it’s time to feast on you. 😈

Also damn, he really was a good guy... TOO good of a guy... I wanna say the cat torturer had it coming but... I’m gonna keep my finger prints off this one...

I’m pretty sure I just missed it but why did the guy (with the strict mother) have a lot of cat ghosts following him? He only had one that was killed (by his mother), so where did the others come from? Or maybe it was because of that guy that just got ended idk

Dex-chan lover
@jisf it was all the cats that the hooded guy had killed, they followed the teacher because he "took pity" on them (maybe also cause they wanted to get rid of the mom ghost but wasn't strong enough?)

This is actually getting super interesting. We already saw that a spirit can get stronger by eating other spirits, in fact that seems to be pretty normal in the "ghost ecosystem." The guy wasn't killing CATS, but he seems to casually kill HUMANS, so the stuff we saw in his apartment, the blood and the suspicious bags, makes it seem pretty clear that he's out here being a vigilante. He kills other criminals and animal abusers, or at least, that seems to be the implication. If that's true, then it makes sense that his mother's ghost was so absurdly powerful. Even if she was twisted and cruel, her primary fixation was her obsession with her son, keeping him safe and under her control. That would still be true of her as a ghost, so she presumably ATE all the criminal spirits of the people he murdered, and prevented any other ghost from possessing him. Which would be why she was so powerful. Like the monster hag and the trashcan spider, she was a 'hungry ghost.'

If that's true, then getting rid of her may have improved his life in the short term, but it's going to be a big problem in the long run, because now he doesn't have a guardian monster sitting on his shoulders eating the criminal ghosts of the people he kills.

And now, of course, we finally get to see what the incomprehensible Chinese gibberish speak of the guardian spirits and the fox god means, because they're coming around for... something. Further payment? A reckoning? After your three are up we eat your soul?

I want to see the axe guy come back. I love the idea of a crazy and twisted ghost who spends all of his time hunting down the other ghosts that try to possess people, and stuffing them in a sack. Like some kind of vigilante Krampus. All the naughty ghosts get axed away.

@jisf I think he said at some point that they all the cats he tried to take care of got sick and died? i think the implication is that the mother's spirit did something to make them die quicker?

@jisf actually in the next chapter it seems to confirm the theory that he's killing people who abuse cats so maybe theyre the spirits of the cats hes avenged?

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread