Mieruko-chan - Vol. 4 Ch. 28

Supporter
Wait, wtf... I remember that mosquito from The Ancient Magus' Bride manga. Ainsworth was the name

So glad i am not the only one who thought the waiter looked similar to a certain other bonehead :D
But now i gotta wonder if it was an intentional easter egg or just ghostly coincidence.

Dex-chan lover
Damn this artist really knows how to make these things look super creepy but also kinda cool.

Dex-chan lover
Did I ask to see Granny Mitsue as a young smokeshow? No.
Am I upset that I've seen it? Also no.

Fed-Kun's army
Maybe getting eaten is how they actually pass on...pretty fucked up but whatever.

So, I'm assuming the Fox shrine priestesses are not as kind as we thought?
Oh no they were doing it for a reason. To get Hana.
when miko prayed to the shrine her wishes were thus.
1) "Please do something about that creepy thing following Hana around"- get rid of the spirit following hana and consuming spirits attracted to her aura.
2)"Please help ill do anything to have that thing stop following her"- Helpful hint: when dealing with gods,spirits, or the fae never promise 'Anything'. Unless the situation is truly desperate (and even then be prepared to give up more than you think). Not that she knew that was a spirit shrine instead of a holy shrine but regardless.
3) "Please lift this curse from hana and help me out when you are at it" - Miko sees the large life aura as a curse since it keeps attracting dangerous spirits towards her friend not knowing exactly what it is.
Helping her out is more ambiguously worded so they gave her 3 times of active assistance. Now they defended her from the last ones because she was close to their territory and she needs to repay them (hence being insulted by her offering)

Now how to lift the "curse" that hana has AKA: reduce her aura to stop attracting the spirits towards her. Since miko promised anything they will ask or demand hanas aura as tribute (and since that is her lifeforce.........).

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't be surprised if it ended with her rebuilding that shrine (in our world) and taking over as a priestess or something.

Dex-chan lover
The LORE is getting more and more deeper!

Also, Elias, what you doing here? something for the church? XD

Dex-chan lover
Meh the manga has been getting overly blockbuster-ish lately. I wish the scope of the story is kept small, but I guess there was pressure from the editor to shake up the plot or something. I suppose that's the fate that almost all manga suffer when they go big.

Dex-chan lover
This is so good, the facial expressions gives me chills, I can feel the tension

Double-page supporter
The thing that intrigues me most is what happens to the spirits after they are devoured and why? Now we have seen them so many times that it's not possible that there is no meaning behind

The general atmosphere of this chapter, this divergence between what Miko sees and what Mitsue sees and how it's made, shows us first of all Mitsue's vision, and then goes on to Miko's vision and the shivers it gives us to discover these frightening differences. It's really brilliant.

Fed-Kun's army
This is definitely worth getting an anime adaptation to it.
but instead we get shit like rent a girlfriend and other heavy fanservice type animes >_>

Users who are viewing this thread