Mieruko-chan - Vol. 4 Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
@rabidfish I think it's one of the most important emotional moment for Mieruko-chan, after years of being silent and holding on alone she finally have someone to rely on.

Aggregator gang
I'm happy Mieruko is finally able to confied in someone but what Mieruko sees compared to her is definitely worst XD

Fed-Kun's army
@rabidfish I don't think she's the key to what the MC needs to know - I think Romm is going to be the one who knows what's really going on and that's where we'll get more information

Fed-Kun's army
this manga is incredibly entralling. i freaking love it. I can't get enough, these month long waits hurts.

Dex-chan lover
I love how the artists makes the spirits disturbing even when they arent directly harassing the mc and the designs can be so creepy but thought out

Dex-chan lover
Thanks so much for the translation, man the pacing is great. The dread and hope, dark and bright staying mixed together so there's horror but it's not stultifying. For Mieko it's gotta be a huge relief to even be able to talk at all with someone who has not just a bit of sight too, but also realizes the danger and doesn't see themselves as some super hero miko exorcist thing. Godmother really fits her title at this point in that one of the real things she brings to the table is plain old empahty.

@eviljackspicer
So, I'm assuming the Fox shrine priestesses are not as kind as we thought?
Did anyone think they were "kind"? I thought general opinion was that, at best, the Shrine Deity there is one in the Old God sense, where there isn't really "good/evil" but just plain raw power and worship. They may bestow boons upon humans who make the right offerings, do the right rituals, or sometimes from chance/whim, but they're super dangerous and seemingly minor missteps may result in huge damage/curses. They're [Not Human] and definitely not friends or "kind", they may be useful to those who know what they're doing, are pure/dedicated enough, or are truly desperate. But not who anyone (sane) goes to as a first resort. Or 2nd, or 3rd...

Dex-chan lover
I guess that one ghost who got eaten by the grim ripper went to hell the rest passed on normally

So happy that the author refrained from using "GHOST TENTAcleS" or some similar shit in order to make the series Fanservice. A series like this with actual PLOT!

Young Mitsue kinda thicc.

So I guess the three-headed ghost has three tiers of afterlife, if you were a good little ghost you just get swallowed, a sinful ghost you get the teeth, a bad ghost you get the shark teeth, and a bad little ghost who tries to get in the wrong line you get the chomp.

Dex-chan lover
good catch @DSkyline, I hadn't noticed there was a difference between them, or that the one ghost wasn't trying to get away but was trying to go through the less-shitty mouth

Users who are viewing this thread