Mieruko-chan - Vol. 9 Ch. 50.1

Dex-chan lover
I sure hope so, and at least hope it's a better deity than the shrine god. It would suck if it suddenly starts to demand payment.
Well japanese mythology is kind of weird. And I think the God that was sealed in the Shrine was meant to be seen as less positive in general. Most japanese mythology has a positive give and take relationship and that as long as the worshipper is aware, thankful, and leaves offerings, then they're good.

Dex-chan lover
After binging all of the currently available chapters, I'm simultaneously happy, sad, horrified, and cheering for yuri
Good series so far :clap:

Dex-chan lover
Have to admit, the whole last arc (squid-girl) has been rather boring. Nothing but slice of life. Where has the horror/psychological aspect gone and flown off to? (fine, the first few chapters still had some. But then we found out the squid is entirely benign and harmless aside from making it hard to see when inside it or aiming for her mouth)

edit: must admit I didn't expect that many people (or any, really) to consider this post breaking the rules, or being rude [aka personal attacks etc.], enough, to give me a strike.
A 'dislike' or 'disagree' (aka downdutt in reddit) I could see (if they disagreed with my opinion), but reacting with an actual strike? Did surprise me (wonder what part about it was considered mean?).
same. I see people talking about it being intentionally slow, but when a chapter comes out once a month you can't make it this slow. There's literally no active thread for the last 6 months. It's not going anywhere.

Dex-chan lover
that older sister is scarier than half the monsters in this series so far

Dex-chan lover
Man, I hate this excuse.
Almost as much as I hate yanderes and their romantisation.
Well, I mean, irl it would just be scary, no? And even if not scary (ie. because you are as much in love, somehow), then at least it should get rather annoying soon enough (as much as it would be fulfilling to have the security of knowing your partner loves you back (the charm of yanderes - they leave no room for insecurities. Except if you are insecure you will probably manage to even then, once it becomes the status quo...), either from controlling behaviours or from having to handle instability (depending on the kind of yandere))

The romantisation of fantasy (not the genre) is the norm, and exactly why stories do everything better than reality. Do I like reading romance mangas and sometimes feel I wish I had someone like that in my life? Sure. Do I want to actually have a partner in my life? Well, maybe when I am tripping on seratonin and endorphins from being in love, but not normally no (aka same state I have when reading romance mangas). Seems like a huge hassle.
Do I like reading adventures and fantasizing about going on one myself? Sure. Do I want to actually do that irl? Hell no! I like my toilets, beds, stores, computers and other conveniences! (wooh, games! lets you have your cake and eat it too!)
And so on.

Aggregator gang
This has been the most compelling arc for me, because the creepy stuff is (at least partly) inside Michiru, rather than outside, maybe the tentacle head is just an extension of what she has endured... It'll be interesting how people catch on to her being disturbed without 'seeing' her occupant. I also think she won't wind up being as horrible as she seems, under all that, due to her abusive childhood, like the cat dudes and some of the ghosts.

Dex-chan lover
the dad's berserk horse stand is strong here, but i wonder what will be her sister stand be? @bigtiddyoneesan
it'll surely be something like this
we-shouldnt-expect-much-from-the-woble-nen-monster-because-v0-sw2eiemgij4a1.png

essentially the female version of rape horse

Dex-chan lover
- yuria : ... hana-chan ... , miko-chan ...

- hana : ... michiru-chan ... , miko ... , miko mama ...

- miko : ... michiru-chan ... , hana ... , otou-san ...

- michiru : ... miko-chan ...

- miko 's mother : ... hana-chan , ... yuria-chan ...

- big sister : ... michiru ...

page 5 :
  • miko : ... i gave hana some bread at lunch ...
  • yuria : you baited her with food ?

page 13 :
i guess michiru just wants to protect the innocent , pure , virgin lips of miko from a long "thingie" , lol .

page 19 :
the running gag : yuria gets choked .

page 21 :
i guess the horse ghost 's power can calm down the octopus ghost .
or maybe the octopus ghost is a female , and she is shy when the male horse ghost licks her , lol .

on the phone is "yoh-chan" .

Users who are viewing this thread