Mieruko-chan - Vol. 9 Ch. 50.1

Dex-chan lover
As we know, Michiru's tentacles reacts according to her emotions, as in this chapter it is shown she is very jealous of Hana. What makes me curious is whether when the "horse" licks the tentacles and calms it down, does Michiru's emotions/feelings change too, or does she still feel jealous.
I think that it has more to do with how powerful that horse looking spirit is. Up to this point no other spirit has been able to match the squids power, other than the dad's.

And I think this is the case because from the very first chapter it has been clear that the world of the spirits is controlled by the rule of the strongest: the weak hide and the strong dominate.

Dex-chan lover
I really like this arc even if it's slow.
What I dislike is the big sister siscon.
It's clearly unhealthy and it makes me uneasy to see her doing what she wants.
From the manga style I am certain it'll end well but the faster the big sis get corrected the better it'll be.

Have to admit, the whole last arc (squid-girl) has been rather boring. Nothing but slice of life. Where has the horror/psychological aspect gone and flown off to? (fine, the first few chapters still had some. But then we found out the squid is entirely benign and harmless aside from making it hard to see when inside it or aiming for her mouth)
I do think its dragging on abit too long without any answers, resolutions, or really progression. I wish She'd just.. do something to work on her situation

Dex-chan lover
A lot of people here don't seem to get the point of this arc, which is that the real monsters aren't always the obvious ones. So far Michiru's tentacles have only attacked supernatural beings and show her emotions and desires. Honestly I'm pretty sure it's a manifestation of her physic ability and it's form molded by the manipulation and twisted "love" of her sister. It's Michiru's desire to not be seen (hence why it's on her face) and how she wants to reach out and interact with the world and be understood (the tentacles). In a bit of irony, the one person who understands her also can not see her face

Dex-chan lover
Have to admit, the whole last arc (squid-girl) has been rather boring. Nothing but slice of life. Where has the horror/psychological aspect gone and flown off to? (fine, the first few chapters still had some. But then we found out the squid is entirely benign and harmless aside from making it hard to see when inside it or aiming for her mouth)
You mean aside from the very clear emotional abuse psychological trauma michiru is going through at the hands of her sister which has likely created the selfish spirit that clings to her?

Dex-chan lover
I kinda agree with the others honestly, Michiru and her ghost were unnerving and kinda scary at first but its been dragging on for so long where it has gotten to the point where I'm mostly just 'oh more of that weirdo again'. There's been some good moments like in chapter 48 but by and large Michiru just doesn't have anything going on as a character apart from being obsessed with Miko, despite having been the primary focus for a year now.

Dex-chan lover
Great chapter thanks for the TL. SO many good Michiru faces and moments, I may need to update my pfp. Her sister on the other hand still makes my skin crawl.

Dex-chan lover
Michiru's sister is creepier than her.

I think everyone is expecting it already. It's a twist akin to the one we saw with the teacher and the cats.

Users who are viewing this thread