Mieruko-chan - Vol. 9 Ch. 50.1

Dex-chan lover
Can Squid actually hurt people though?
From the sample we seen so far, they don't seem to be able to directly harm people who can't perceive them.
The most they can do is making people they possessed tired, or giving emotional effect in long term.

Dex-chan lover
I do think its dragging on abit too long without any answers, resolutions, or really progression. I wish She'd just.. do something to work on her situation

Indeed. A very slow pacing, with very little pay off...We've just seen bits and pieces, that add to very little. It truly has mostly been slice-of-life content, with some touch of "horror" here and there.
This arc feels like filler.

Dex-chan lover
it makes you slowly worry about this dog thing, her dad has around. even tentacle hat seems to shy away from it

Dex-chan lover
Have to admit, the whole last arc (squid-girl) has been rather boring. Nothing but slice of life. Where has the horror/psychological aspect gone and flown off to? (fine, the first few chapters still had some. But then we found out the squid is entirely benign and harmless aside from making it hard to see when inside it or aiming for her mouth)

edit: must admit I didn't expect that many people (or any, really) to consider this post breaking the rules, or being rude [aka personal attacks etc.], enough, to give me a strike.
A 'dislike' or 'disagree' (aka downdutt in reddit) I could see (if they disagreed with my opinion), but reacting with an actual strike? Did surprise me (wonder what part about it was considered mean?).
I actually agree with you. It had a strong set up with Michiru but then it just sort of died down. The older sister hasn't done anything yet and we literally know nothing about these weird tentacles thing yet. At least give some clues or anything. Feels like all we've seen are Michiru being jealous of Hana for the 100th time. The gag is funny in the beginning but felt a bit overdone now

Dex-chan lover
Have to admit, the whole last arc (squid-girl) has been rather boring. Nothing but slice of life. Where has the horror/psychological aspect gone and flown off to? (fine, the first few chapters still had some. But then we found out the squid is entirely benign and harmless aside from making it hard to see when inside it or aiming for her mouth)

edit: must admit I didn't expect that many people (or any, really) to consider this post breaking the rules, or being rude [aka personal attacks etc.], enough, to give me a strike.
A 'dislike' or 'disagree' (aka downdutt in reddit) I could see (if they disagreed with my opinion), but reacting with an actual strike? Did surprise me (wonder what part about it was considered mean?).
Yuri brigade coming at you lol

Dex-chan lover

I disagree. We have seen it try to get inside Miko's mouth and that it can affect physical things when it knocked away the truck. On top of that Michiru is creepy af, as is her sister.

Dex-chan lover
Yuri brigade coming at you lol
I'm probably part of that brigade too, it's just that this story is more about "poor mieruko-chan ;( someone hug her, quickly!" imo :D
I disagree. We have seen it try to get inside Miko's mouth and that it can affect physical things when it knocked away the truck. On top of that Michiru is creepy af, as is her sister.
That's just a yuri yandere being yuri yandere, no? And in the tame and charming way (as long as it's 2d), rather than the "I fear for my life" way (which is creepy even when reading a 2d manga). And the sister is just a rehash on teachers mother's plotline.

Dex-chan lover
I'm probably part of that brigade too, it's just that this story is more about "poor mieruko-chan ;( someone hug her, quickly!" imo :D

That's just a yuri yandere being yuri yandere, no? And in the tame and charming way (as long as it's 2d), rather than the "I fear for my life" way (which is creepy even when reading a 2d manga). And the sister is just a rehash on teachers mother's plotline.
We don't actually know if if anyone is in danger or not from her stalker manners. On average I would say she is on the dangerous side rather than ''cute yandere'' side.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if anyone is seeing that the sister's behavior in public shadows more of what she would be like in her private life. It's seems like she's a habitual or even compulsive liar with how quickly she switched to a victim mentality. She seems overly dependent on her sister given how she didn't care about a stranger's concern when she fell down.

Double-page supporter
IMO the whole "Hospital" section, while welcome in it's own way, kind of slowed this arc to a crawl. I feel like I'd like it more if it came either before or after this one, but I guess 'before' we would not see Michiru reaction and I strongly suspect that after this arc resolution we won't see Michiru again for quite some time.
Can Squid actually hurt people though?
From the sample we seen so far, they don't seem to be able to directly harm people who can't perceive them.
The most they can do is making people they possessed tired, or giving emotional effect in long term.
The whole point in the manga is to keep that vague, so that MC is in constant tension, as in the only way to find out is to f* around.

Dex-chan lover
I kind of feel like this confirms my suspicions that the horse thing is actually the houses guardian deity.
I sure hope so, and at least hope it's a better deity than the shrine god. It would suck if it suddenly starts to demand payment.

Users who are viewing this thread