Mieruko-chan - Vol. 9 Ch. 50.1

Dex-chan lover
As we know, Michiru's tentacles reacts according to her emotions, as in this chapter it is shown she is very jealous of Hana. What makes me curious is whether when the "horse" licks the tentacles and calms it down, does Michiru's emotions/feelings change too, or does she still feel jealous.

Dex-chan lover
I believe this arc would be better once all of it is out so a reader can experience it all In one go whil keeping momentum from prev chapters or if more stuff was revealed during chapters.

Cuz like I’ve felt no tension from this arc… feels like we’ve deviated
while I do find the SOL aspect neat & fun I’m honestly waiting for more development

Dex-chan lover
Have to admit, the whole last arc (squid-girl) has been rather boring. Nothing but slice of life. Where has the horror/psychological aspect gone and flown off to? (fine, the first few chapters still had some. But then we found out the squid is entirely benign and harmless aside from making it hard to see when inside it or aiming for her mouth)
I think what the issue is is that it's not addressing the main elephant in the room as in what are this girl's intentions with our MC and what exactly are they.

Dex-chan lover
Hana getting ready to study:
[Puts on fashion specs]
[Unloads 15,000 kcals of sugar]

OH YEAH. IT'S BIG BRAIN TIEM.

Izumi-sensei really buried Michiru this chapter, huh? Nice to get a glimpse of Hana and Miko's past together. Thanks for the TL!

Dex-chan lover
Putting a GPS on your sister's phone is beyond healthy levels of siscon.
She said her phones gps was off, meaning it was the built-in gps. Most families share location data in-case of emergency.
Now, the fact that I always have mine off for battery reasons and that I dislike being tracked everywhere by soulless corporations such as Google, and only turn it on if I feel somewhat unsafe or need to use google maps... Well that's only healthy and sensible, no (not like parents would usually know to be concerned if I am abducted either way, as I only visit once a week)?
Having such a stalker being obsessed with her is pretty damn scary for me. Though I get that the fact that this squid thing did no real harm to anyone have been a bit of a let down... but personally that girl itself is scary enough for me.

I am just wondering where this is going. But seeing that other sister reaction, conclusion is pretty close.
Nah. Yanderes in 2D are only charming and desirable :)
I believe this arc would be better once all of it is out so a reader can experience it all In one go whil keeping momentum from prev chapters or if more stuff was revealed during chapters.

Cuz like I’ve felt no tension from this arc… feels like we’ve deviated
while I do find the SOL aspect neat & fun I’m honestly waiting for more development
Yup. Pure slice of life where a study session takes just over 2 chapters, aka 3 months, is somewhat boring at best (at least for a horror story), and discombobulating at worst (luckily this story only has 4 characters! so we avoid that issue).
I'll be honest, I feel this Michiru arc is dragging on a little too long. The pacing is slightly too slow. But I think that's just me.
No, I agree. It feels like SoL to me, with no real sense of imminent doom.
I think what the issue is is that it's not addressing the main elephant in the room as in what are this girl's intentions with our MC and what exactly are they.
Nah, it's obvious. Squid girl likes (or even loves. But obsession doesn't have to be romantic) mc, and wants to feel close to her. Mainly because mc somehow 'magically' (tentacles) knows what squid girl likes, and let's her live in her own pace (never rejects her advances (out of fear)). She might also want to get rid of flies surrounding her, but clearly doesn't want to do it if she thinks it would sadden mc (so everyone's safe).

Group Leader
Have to admit, the whole last arc (squid-girl) has been rather boring. Nothing but slice of life. Where has the horror/psychological aspect gone and flown off to? (fine, the first few chapters still had some. But then we found out the squid is entirely benign and harmless aside from making it hard to see when inside it or aiming for her mouth)
yup this arc has dragged out way too long and doesnt seem to have any purpose

coming off the rem arc with the granny and their mentor, this one just doesnt have that emotional punch or impact

Stop bragging Hana you're getting red flag ☆:.。.o(≧▽≦)o.。.:
And man Michiru jealous face really funny and she just can't hold it to give pocky with mouth to mouth (≧◡≦)

Dex-chan lover
when u think Michiru has the worst habit, but it turned out because of Michiru's sister behavior also the one who make it worsen (and her sister complex is just beyond help lol)

ghad, these siblings need therapy for real

Users who are viewing this thread