Mieruko-chan - Vol. 9 Ch. 50.1

Dex-chan lover
I agree that the Arc has been dragging on for long enough and Michiru so far hasn't really been multifaceted enough of a character to really be able to make it work.
Like, her whole stick is messed up girl from a messed up family with powerful ghost attached that wants to fuck the MC, but not really anything more than that. While this can work as a setup, the amount of time spent on it just doesn't really work and it would be better if that plotline hurries up

Dex-chan lover
:huh: Tentacles is the ghost of her sister who time traveled back to here. And getting sexual harassment by dad's friend.

Dex-chan lover
we still dont rly know yet why Michiru is rly into Miko do we huh
i mean atleast she seems harmless(?) so far compared to some other ghosts Uuh i guess
I GUESS
Her look, probally. I mean, that what it all start and is pretty nomal to have a crush on someone without any need of some special event

Dex-chan lover
Seems I'm not alone in thinking that this arc has been dragging on for too long.

Supporter
Have to admit, the whole last arc (squid-girl) has been rather boring. Nothing but slice of life. Where has the horror/psychological aspect gone and flown off to? (fine, the first few chapters still had some. But then we found out the squid is entirely benign and harmless aside from making it hard to see when inside it or aiming for her mouth)
I beg to differ, though I admit I rather like slice of life mangas. But Michuru is really a great character and it manages to provide to the story both a creepy figure and pretty funny situations (the drawing lesson is one of my favorite chapters of all time). And the whole hospital stuff was pretty good. I really appreciate the whole thing.
I'm pretty sure however than more scary chapters are in the work (there are so many weird things going on) so I guess you'll find some enjoyment in the coming months.

Dex-chan lover
Nah, it's obvious. Squid girl likes (or even loves. But obsession doesn't have to be romantic) mc, and wants to feel close to her. Mainly because mc somehow 'magically' (tentacles) knows what squid girl likes, and let's her live in her own pace (never rejects her advances (out of fear)). She might also want to get rid of flies surrounding her, but clearly doesn't want to do it if she thinks it would sadden mc (so everyone's safe).
That's my issue. WHO exactly is this girl, why is she obsessed and to what degree is she obsessed (smitten to yandere levels)

Is she a human with a spirit attached or is she a physical manifestation of a spirit that has fooled everyone except MC?

Lots of questions and so far the story hasn't answered any of them. The previous arc did well in that respect, but now I'm kinda frustrated with being kept in the dark while the story switches to a "slice of life" mode.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not usually like this.... but this manga really makes me wish for yuri. MikoxMichiru all the way! :ROFLMAO:

More seriously, Michiru needs a friend and a lot of help. She actually seems rather nice..... as long as she can be freed form her batshit crazy sister. Please someone help her.

Users who are viewing this thread