Mietemasu yo! Aizawa-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - KogaFes

Group Leader
That last scene was too raw. Right after Kasumi popped the question I knew Aizawa would react similarly to how she did when Michi first interacted with Seta-kun, but I didn't expect something dark taking over her, as if there are two sides to her spirit she's not aware of — her expression after those incidents tells me she's just as shocked. Honami is just like any other girl her age, she wants to have friends, she has crushes... But we can tell there is no malice in her looks, it's like a child making that angry face when something doesn't go her way, it's like something is feeding off of her negative emotions to cause bad things.
Like, her subconscious as a ghost? Does that count? Like at the core of why she's haunting the school and all the summer festival shenanigans there is the same vileness as the ghosts that seem to be haunting the idol group. As if Honami was the first one out... Why that is I have no idea, but I am convinced the dark aura is related to the idol industry and not something Aizawa herself pursued or something (like a curse someone put out of jealousy or whatever) directed towards her and her only.
From what Karasuma said, it seems like Aizawa's very being is unstable. It's entirely likely she can't control her emotions and urges very well. That could also be why she's so childlike and easily distracted, an ongoing minor mystery. While she might have been repressing all that as an idol, being a ghost could exaggerate every subconscious desire she gets.

Another angle to this scene is, when she was alive and they knew each other, Michi might have called Aizawa her best friend. If she remembers, this could feel like she's being erased, which would tie back into her wanting to be an unforgettable idol and explain there's more than just jealousy causing such a bad reaction.

It ends with Aizawa with so much guilt on her face, I think she'll be more careful from now on, maybe even keeping a distance out of fear.
It's hard to tell what's about to happen since the festival literally just started. This feels like the kind of chapter you might find at the end of a volume, with the shocking reveal, but we're dead in the middle. Whatever's going down with De:Lphinus in the next 2 chapters will probably be a big shift to the status quo and the way Michi and Aizawa approach each other.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly at this point I blame her for still ignoring Aizawa <_<

I get the feeling she'll ignore her until right before she disappears or something ugh

Dex-chan lover
It seems to me like Aizawa's ghost powers are tied more to her emotions than her will, and they're continuously getting stronger and harder to control. First she could only push things a little, then she could make things levitate a bit, now she can just pick things up as if she still had a body. Michi can feel when Aizawa touches her now. That's a really ominous sign imo.

The author is very skilled at weaving a feeling of creeping dread just under the surface.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly at this point I blame her for still ignoring Aizawa <_<

I get the feeling she'll ignore her until right before she disappears or something ugh
When Michi tried to approach her after learning nothing happened to Sayaka-senpai who speaks to her as if she’s alive, things did not end very well.

I don’t really blame Michi since she CAN’T directly address Aizawa. Can’t acknowledge Aizawa the ghost.
She could try something like talking to Aizawa’s little memorial, just like you do with the pictures of loved ones who parted — you know they are not there but you still open your heart as if you’re holding a conversation. Maybe this could trick whatever forbids a direct interaction.

Dex-chan lover
When Michi tried to approach her after learning nothing happened to Sayaka-senpai who speaks to her as if she’s alive, things did not end very well.

I don’t really blame Michi since she CAN’T directly address Aizawa. Can’t acknowledge Aizawa the ghost.
She could try something like talking to Aizawa’s little memorial, just like you do with the pictures of loved ones who parted — you know they are not there but you still open your heart as if you’re holding a conversation. Maybe this could trick whatever forbids a direct interaction.
Must've forgotten about that part, my bad 😵

KZO

Dex-chan lover
I get Aizawa was an idol, but she needs to understand best friend and girlfriend are different things.

Let's hope Michi understood where she's coming from with that kiss attempt.

Double-page supporter
Another angle to this scene is, when she was alive and they knew each other, Michi might have called Aizawa her best friend. If she remembers, this could feel like she's being erased, which would tie back into her wanting to be an unforgettable idol and explain there's more than just jealousy causing such a bad reaction.

I forgot there are hints that Michi knew Aizawa before,maybe that's part of why Aizawa spirit hasn't moved on ? Like they had some sort of relationship of sorts (Either a romance or a strong friendship ) that Michi forgot for some reason and Aizawa wants to remember her.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

i was laughing at taz the tasmanian aikawa at the start but damn what a change in tone the chapter went

Dex-chan lover
This manga never disapoints me, holy fuck that was a good chapter.
I am not good at expressing the ideas and theories forming in my mind, so I'll sit back and enjoy :chad:

Thanks for the work

Dex-chan lover
I forgot there are hints that Michi knew Aizawa before,maybe that's part of why Aizawa spirit hasn't moved on ? Like they had some sort of relationship of sorts (Either a romance or a strong friendship ) that Michi forgot for some reason and Aizawa wants to remember her.
I think Aizawa is as unaware of it as Michi is. When she showed up she didn't really pay attention to Michi more than to the others, so she became attached to her naturally, and kid Michi making that little pact of "you'll go around the entire school if you are with me" just helped out.
The gay ghost becoming infatuated with the gloomy and probably former exorcist(?) and becoming dangerous could be a coincidence, or something inside Aizawa holding onto the brief friendship they had and being so happy it doesn't want anything to hinder it, going yandere.

Users who are viewing this thread