Mietemasu yo! Aizawa-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - KogaFes

Group Leader
Michi is understandably still confused that her best friend made out with her one day, then pretended like it didn't happen, then introduced her to her girlfriend, then took her out on a date. Glad that's all cleared up now, now that she has a yandere gremlin literally on her back.

Vfmu0uX.png

The ending is disturbing and hard to make sense of. Aizawa tries to possess Kasumi, comes to her senses, is forcibly sucked in anyway, decides to take advantage of it and touch Michi again, but is rejected? It didn't seem like she intentionally left Kasumi. So then 2 major questions: why did it force her to possess Kasumi, and did Kasumi build up a resistance after being possessed once? I figure at some point Aizawa has to start possessing other people, and maybe that's an excuse once they start sorting this out.

Speaking of someone who will inevitably someday get possessed by Aizawa, I hope the introduction of Reona's special friend is setting up her subplot. She's been benched for a while and I always have fun with her lines. Next chapters are going to have a lot going on between that, the play, Kasumi and Sayaka's exhibit, De:Lphinus crashing the festival, and the fallout of Michi realizing she's gay haunted.

A lot of re-iterated ideas this chapter (probably since the previous 2 chapters have felt more like twists or diversions on the plot so this is the proper start of volume 3). Special attention given to 2 major concepts: Michi feeling detached from the world and Michi struggling to grasp love. The latter's hopefully the foundation for how things will soon go with Aizawa, and Michi will likely soon get the real answer to what protecting Aizawa means, along with figuring her role out.

Some other minor details that were probably thrown in for a reason: Michi's dad being a big collector of books? Still no mention of Michi's mom, but I'm long convinced she's either dead or some runaway medium herself. Michi being terrified of soccer clubs could be some kind of trauma. Maybe to do with the eyeless ghost in ch3, but that doesn't feel like a strong enough association. It's such an extreme reaction there should be something there. Also I guess Aizawa's afraid of ghosts.

The coughing is something to keep note of too. Last chapter Ange was coughing and seemingly haunted. This chapter, Kasumi coughs and rejects(?) Aizawa? Maybe there's a connection there, maybe not.

In the baseless speculation/fanfiction corner, I'm not even sure if I want this, but there's a slim chance Reona's friend is Non (whether she's aware). They're the same age and could have met anonymously online as big fans of Aizawa. Just a possibility. Also they'd be cute together and who am I to not ship girls who've never met? Give Reona an idol gf, maybe it'll calm her down.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter feel really long. well, after drop some hint and raise even more question but just end with the one who know more about it leave and said nothing, thing just get back on slice of life again, feel like nothing happen. At least it seem like the kiss misunderstand is clear at the end of chapter.
But the whole will they won't they getting real old now, when she gonna talk to ghost, heck at least talk with senpai who totally also see ghost and try to figuring out what is what

Dex-chan lover
Michi is understandably still confused that her best friend made out with her one day, then pretended like it didn't happen, then introduced her to her girlfriend, then took her out on a date. Glad that's all cleared up now, now that she has a yandere gremlin literally on her back.
I honestly thought she knew that Kasumi was possessed lol. Well, now she does. Though will she understand that Aizawa likes her is another thing..
The ending is disturbing and hard to make sense of. Aizawa tries to possess Kasumi, comes to her senses, is forcibly sucked in anyway, decides to take advantage of it and touch Michi again, but is rejected? It didn't seem like she intentionally left Kasumi. So then 2 major questions: why did it force her to possess Kasumi, and did Kasumi build up a resistance after being possessed once? I figure at some point Aizawa has to start possessing other people, and maybe that's an excuse once they start sorting this out.
yeah the whole "sucked in and pushed out" was gross and intriguing!

anw, thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
I kind of get the impression Aizawa forced herself back out. It seemed like she was overwhelmed by her emotions getting out of control, then those strong emotions forced the possession and tried to continue with the kiss even if Aizawa didn't want to in that way anymore. Regardless I don't think she thought "Well if I'm in here I might as well."

Dex-chan lover
That last scene was too raw. Right after Kasumi popped the question I knew Aizawa would react similarly to how she did when Michi first interacted with Seta-kun, but I didn't expect something dark taking over her, as if there are two sides to her spirit she's not aware of — her expression after those incidents tells me she's just as shocked. Honami is just like any other girl her age, she wants to have friends, she has crushes... But we can tell there is no malice in her looks, it's like a child making that angry face when something doesn't go her way, it's like something is feeding off of her negative emotions to cause bad things.
Like, her subconscious as a ghost? Does that count? Like at the core of why she's haunting the school and all the summer festival shenanigans there is the same vileness as the ghosts that seem to be haunting the idol group. As if Honami was the first one out... Why that is I have no idea, but I am convinced the dark aura is related to the idol industry and not something Aizawa herself pursued or something (like a curse someone put out of jealousy or whatever) directed towards her and her only.

I think she just wanted to push Kasumi. We know at this point Honami is pretty childish, specially when she assumes no one can see her, so it really seemed like she was just going to give a light push like "get away from Michi, she's mine" but she accidentally slipped into Kasumi (she goes through stuff, after all, so I take it she needs to be careful). When she noticed she was going inside Kasumi, she tried to run but the process already started, and possessed Kasumi going for Michi and trying to repeat the kiss was pure impulse, like the jealousy and greed took form, or even worse, took over her spirit and decided to take action. It ends with Aizawa with so much guilt on her face, I think she'll be more careful from now on, maybe even keeping a distance out of fear.

To finish off, thank you for this @noighd!
Captura_de_Tela_2024-01-23_as_01.42.17.png

Dex-chan lover
Black hair girl just got her face coughed directly on. Got spittle going down her face and everything

Dex-chan lover
I knew this was too peaceful and wholesome for the chapter not to end in something. I did not, however, realize that Michi thought it was Horimitsu that tried to kiss her! Scandalous!

Thank you for the new chapter! Can't wait to see some more revelations!

Dex-chan lover
I was going to make a funny comment about best friends and girlfriends but then it turned out a lot of the comment section was viscerally disgusted by the ending scene so..... ya.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter is about friendship, the beautiful one. Nothing's wrong here :smugnako:

Until, the couple enter astronomy club room. Paranormal activity start, the ghost went berserk. I think the scene telling the reader that kissing plot still strong. Lol

Dex-chan lover
Given that Michi seems to believe (at the start anyway) that all ghosts go bad, presumably Aizawa is falling to the same corruption and that growing darker side building on her jealousy is what forced the possession and tried to act out her desires. Feels like at this point acknowledging her and talking to her is what's needed.

Users who are viewing this thread