Mietemasu yo! Aizawa-san - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - Lovesick for the Dead

Dex-chan lover
current theory is that Michi and Aizawa were besties in high school, and after Aizawa died Michi used her ghost powers to tie Aizawa’s ghost to the school so that she could experience the school life she never had in exchange for the memory of the time they spent together while living

explains why there’s a mini-Michi ghost, why Aizawa’s attached to the school, why Michi has memory loss, and why Michi collapses why she tries to talk to Aizawa

series will end with a heartbreaking moment where regains her memories of why she loved Aizawa while living and Aizawa thanking Michi for letting them have fun together before she passes on

would be a hilarious reread to know michi and aizawa were friends because michi didnt like idols so she aizawa didnt have to be an idol with her.

Because michi without memories is drawn to aizawa and so buys her merch, making aizawa smug about how michi in the past said she didnt like idols.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter felt like a reality check. It really is tragic, there is no going back because whatever is haunting the Delphi girls (which included Honami) already took her, she’s gone.

I’m a bit inclined to believe Micchi and Aizawa became close because she was involved in exorcism stuff, and it eventually turned into something else because they were classmates
 and gay.

I feel really bad for Non, specially. She’s the only one close in age to Honami and I’m guessing that realising her classmates and school friends are pretending Aizawa wasn’t even there must be too hurtful. I don’t know about her schooling situation, I don’t even think it was mentioned, but if she finds herself in a similar scenario as Aizawa (enrolled in a regular school, missing classes a lot because of work, etc) the prospect of “no real friendship comes out of being an idol in a regular school because if you are dead they will pretend they didn’t even know you” adds an extra layer to her despair.
Non was younger than Honami? Or slightly older? In my mind she was like 14, I could be wrong.

Anyways, Senpai really took one for the team. I love her. I hope she pushes Micchi outside of school to have a conversation about Aizawa. She can’t communicate to Aizawa otherwise she blacks out, but if senpai addresses the situation and Micchi answers making it seem vague (for example, if they started speaking “hypothetically”), maybe the effect of whatever’s shielding her from relieving some deep trauma won’t work. And without Aizawa close, there will be no possibility of her meeting eyes with the cute idol ghost and getting a lose bleed and blacking out because Honami paying attention to the conversation could trigger some reaction.

Dex-chan lover
Am I missing something or is it weird that when Sayaka and glasses run into Michi and Aizawa, Sayaka mentions that Michi is alone, just standing there even though she is supposed to be able to see Aizawa as well ? I don't know, the way she phrased it seemed to imply that she was unable to see Aizawa at the moment

That last panel words
., well it can be spoiler for the whole story I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread