Milady Just Wants to Relax - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

What do you mean, "not supposed to"? This is Internet, you do whatever it is you want to do. Anyone telling you otherwise deserves mockery.

@hina_sw From the screenshots (edit: that NASS posted), it looks like hanaatsume
already had both chapters done. So it's not like she still worked on it after their conversation. hanaatsume worked hard on this - why should NASS prevent her from posting her work - especially when they hadn't uploaded anything for 2+ months?

Double-page supporter
@Superkrza hi I posted that before NASS posted any of their chapters, which means I didn't see the screenshots. I also didn't say hanaatsume couldn't post (I said I would prefer they work on it if they are able to give us regular updates). All I said was that hanaatsume should have sent a msg to NASS expressing their interest in taking over the series, and a heads up that what they're doing is called sniping and most people/groups do not like that and I've seen commentors bully people for it (sniping).

Anyways I don't wanna break rules by derailing from the manga anymore. So if you still want to talk, you can PM me. Have a nice day 😊

(I will not be replying to anyone else that keeps @ me. I expressed a comment, and if you don't agree that's cool but stop bringing me back here. Thanks and bye)

@hina_sw Eh. While i understand the "etiquette" and the purpose behind it, but the whole "sniping" and vice versa "anti-sniping" usually devolve into pointless banter and mob mentality. I get it that it's frustating for someone who's working on a scanlation, only for somebody else to release it faster. But at the same time, Scanlators and readers have no legal rights or ownerships regarding the matter. It's one thing if it's done to repect the translator that have been doing it for a while, but it's a whooole different matter when it's used as a leverage in this weird false sense of ownership.
Now i'm not blaming either side, for all i know it could be just a miscommunication issue. But you can't deny that NASS and a lot of bigger groups have have been biting of more than they can chew by "claiming" too much series. Asking a another scanlator group for their permission to translate and upload is in itself a weird thing, since they do not own it. I understand that you're just voicing your concern because "sniping", even without any ill intent, are usually met with pitchforks and torches.
A healthy competition breeds competence, just look at what happened. I just hope more people understand this.

Nass doesn't post for two months but now that someone else has taken the time to translate and post they've all of a sudden had the completed chapters done...meaning theyve had em on standby and were just waiting for no reason to post em. Of course its gonna be sniped if you do that. I honestly don't think that nass or this lone translators were being assholes about their communication though, to quote reddit, no assholes here lol

thank you for the translation! I dont really care abt snniping and the drama from gorups. it'sgreat sometimes bc u get different versions of the same text and it becomes clearer in one and nother ngl

Dex-chan lover
@hina_sw if NASS or other group doesn't want this to happen, then don't left a series to rot for so long... it is okay to assume that the previous group has dropped the series, and without prior notice, anyone can pick up the series...

Contributor
theyrebackmaybe.jpg

P.S. I am not taking any sides nor throwing any shade here. My username should explain a lot.

Although I do agree with everyone saying it doesn't matter, I think you really need to check in with the group first. And I'm only saying this because Nass is a pretty big scans, and honestly, as big groups tend to do, they bring a lot of drama. They'll say you snipped them and drag them into their drama. If you don't want drama, avoid them at all costs

Users who are viewing this thread