Minus Skill-mochi Yonin ga Atsumattara, Nanka Synergy Hakki Shite Saikyou Party ga Dekita Ken - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Mummy Theft

Dex-chan lover
Reminder to those that forgot the party's minus skills & how they work (credit to u/YyAoMmIi from Reddit):
For each monster killed, there is shared exp to the party. then there is Bonus Exp to the one that did the last hit.

Swordman: Kill [not party] droprate -80%

Priest: All party kills are considered hers [even if she didn't kill]. Thus all Bonus goes to her.

Mage: +10% Stat bonus, but -3% debuff for each kill. Bonus no longer goes to the kill, but split among the party, excluding to the one who actually made the kill.

Swordman + Priest: the droprate debuff is no longer an issue since Priest is considered the killing, thus it becomes normal drop rate.

Priest + Mage: All debuff goes to the priest. A non issue since Priest is overleveled and can can cast dispel to remove the debuff. Priest is no longer hogging all the exp since the kill bonus is shared with rest of the party.

Now if I am reading this chapter right, with the thief's minus skill basically means all debuffs going to him are completely nullified due to the amount of negative effects each minus skills the party has. Let me know if I am right or not in this last part. Thanks for the chapter.

Group Leader
Reminder to those that forgot the party's minus skills & how they work (credit to u/YyAoMmIi from Reddit):
For each monster killed, there is shared exp to the party. then there is Bonus Exp to the one that did the last hit.

Priest: All party kills are considered hers [even if she didn't kill]. Thus all Bonus goes to her.

Mage: +10% Stat bonus, but -3% debuff for each kill. Bonus no longer goes to the kill, but split among the party, excluding to the one who actually made the kill.

Swordman + Priest: the droprate debuff is no longer an issue since Priest is considered the killing, thus it becomes normal drop rate.

Priest + Mage: All debuff goes to the priest. A non issue since Priest is overleveled and can can cast dispel to remove the debuff. Priest is no longer hogging all the exp since the kill bonus is shared with rest of the party.

Now if I am reading this chapter right, with the thief's minus skill basically means all debuffs going to him are completely nullified due to the amount of negative effects each minus skills the party has. Let me know if I am right or not in this last part. Thanks for the chapter.
Oh Hi.

My understanding:
Thief: Takes all the debuff [and not buff] of party. Debuff depend on party and drop rate skills, by the rank of the debuff.

Thief + Mage + Priest = Mage causes debuff per kill, but those debuff goes to Thief instead [instead of priest who get credit for the kills.

Thief + Swordman = Due to swordman negative drop, the effect of the debuff get negated [idk how much]. since it is -80% drop, no debuff at all? or becomes a buff?

I'm not sure what the chapter means regarding rank up and multiply, since that relates when party kills alot, priest got alot of debuff. Maybe in Thief case, the Mage's debuff normally multiplies per kill but doesn't in this case, which is better?

Also Priest is OP, and can easily cast dispel on thief if debuff get too much.

I like how swordman's debuff finally come into play [becoming a buff due to the party]

Dex-chan lover

A quick correction, the thief’s minus skill collects debuff and the effect is affected by any drop rate skills in the party. So the debuffs he get could potentially be nullified or at least reduced by the swordsman’s minus skill (reduced drop rate special). The “combo” would then be Swordsman + Thief, which means this time the swordsman’s minus skill finally gives a “benefit” to someone else.

This series is literally saying the real treasure is the friends we met along the way.

Dex-chan lover
So basically the god of envy per kill stacks will go toward priestess but forced transfered to the thief , but due to how the thief’s skill’s second line being enforced the swordman skill will at least reduce the effect by 80% or straight up nullify it.
Therefore the party gains like 10% stats for each member aside from maybe the thief depends on how the thief skill works with mage’s.
And they all have buncha super skills as tradeoff for massive individual debuffs so they just become a super party that is immune to all debuffs essentially.
And if the poison is counted as debuff then they can breeze through the dungeon lower floors too.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure what the chapter means regarding rank up and multiply, since that relates when party kills alot, priest got alot of debuff. Maybe in Thief case, the Mage's debuff normally multiplies per kill but doesn't in this case, which is better?
It's referring to how the transferred debuffs stack.
Additively = 20% + 20% + 20% + 20% = 80% debuff power
Multiplicatively = 1.2 * 1.2 * 1.2 * 1.2 = 2.0736 = 107.36% debuff power
Rank up = 20% (medium) + 20% (medium) + 20% (medium) + 20% (medium) = medium => high => SP => SP = 60% debuff power

the fact it stacks by ranking up a debuff rather than adding or multiplying them means there's a cap on how bad it can go
(the numbers are merely examples and don't reflect the story)

Dex-chan lover
It's referring to how the transferred debuffs stack.
Additively = 20% + 20% + 20% + 20% = 80% debuff power
Multiplicatively = 1.2 * 1.2 * 1.2 * 1.2 = 2.0736 = 107.36% debuff power
Rank up = 20% (medium) + 20% (medium) + 20% (medium) + 20% (medium) = medium => high => SP => SP = 60% debuff power

the fact it stacks by ranking up a debuff rather than adding or multiplying them means there's a cap on how bad it can go

Right, the Thief makes debuffs Additive which would normally be worse, however there is a cap on how high it scales so it actually works out better for him once a certain number of debuffs are applied.

The total effect is further modified in some way by the drop rate modifiers the party has. So in the above example the Thief would take 60% debuff power modified by the party's drop rate modifier. Normally a party wants lots of drop rate buffs, so you're looking at 20% or more increase to the debuff power, however this party has a -80% modifier.

We currently don't know the exact math on the modification, so either the debuffs are going to get greatly reduced, or possibly even inverted, due to the warrior.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I like how the story ends up making their debuffs a buff thanks to the thief's skill. So there is an actual incentive for them to not use the boss drop (if it exist and the effect is exactly as they expected), instead of a hand-wavey explanation or "for friendship".

Also, Onee X Shota potential w/ sorceress & thief? :meguusmug:

Dex-chan lover
reading all the post regarding the mummy thief skill and its benefits...

Oh wow, this is some high level dnd discussion we're having here tonight!

The synergy is simple, imagine someone kill (but not the priest), they get normal drop, all but priest get shared exp and a 10% buff > priest get the debuff of mage and the -80% drop rate for herself only > transfer debuff onto thief that get reduced effect (or positive effect depending on how it works) from the -80% drop rate that only the priest take

Dex-chan lover
this manga is a theory crafters wetdream
Well, WN author is basically "god" and can forcefully create pieces to fit...
...including the slow unwinding narrative behind what he already plans to do.

So I look at this story more even-handedly.

Such as how or why people with negative effects would survive in public.
And how that persecution would factor into everything-else-not-dungeon society and culture.

Users who are viewing this thread