Miss Not-So Sidekick

For those who don't know, the reason this isn't being updated on mangadex, but is on other sites is because it has a paywalled official English translation. I haven't really looked into mangadex's policies, but I know that lots of translation groups refuse to continue translating when books get official translations. Mangadex, unlike other Manga sites out there, relies on the translation teams to upload (or not) chapters. Other sites don't give a damn about the authors or translators, so they just directly rip releases from official channels. If you find Tappytoon's monetization strategy distasteful as I do, you can easily read all currently released chapters with a quick Google search. If you want to support the author and translators you can click the official English link above. Either way you can still keep track of your reading progress manually here on mangadex.

This series starts slow, with awkward artwork and dialogue, but it gets really good starting from around ch.50. The artwork, story, and dialogue all really pick up and now I can't get enough. >_<

@Ochredog holy shit it takes that far for it to get better with the pacing?

do you think it's worth it to slog through 40 more chapters? im currently at chapter 10, but im thinking if i should just drop it

edit: nvm I answered my own question, this is definitely worth slogging through! pacing was awkward for the first 20 chapters (which is a pretty long time to have the story pick up its pace), but it's a surprisingly well thought-out story with layers! I found it stupidly charming, with the protagonist being dumb but not overtly so

when you've read so much female-led isekai, you kinda know what story beats to look for, but I found myself genuinely surprised at moments, and I appreciate it for its efforts

if you liked my next life as a villainess, this is a definite must read!

This manga is fcking hilarious. The start is real slow but, after some 20 chapters or so, the protagonist turns into a first-class internet troll who's always doing funny dumb sh*t.
She's a meme and clearly knows she doesn't stand a chance with the main cast, so she's always goofing around

Dex-chan lover
This character really doesn't know how to tell people to fuck off, she just takes all the shit.

FYI an incomplete/missing chapter + no update (+/- >3 months + there's a legal english translation = 90% I believe no more update in Mangadex

Since this hasn't been updated in months you can either read the official translation on tappytoon. You have to buy it on tappytoon though. Or you can use a site such as bato to.

the story is a bit pretty basic

but

art was nice, full of memes
Comedy was gold,
author know how to play and make fun the troupe in this kind of genre
lotte is hillarious and funny
the development was good

Y’all translate so Goddamn slow. Might as well drop it. I read ahead at 2 different places... WAAAYY AHEAD... where u been? Like seriously? 4 months? Atp barely anyone reading your translations... You not bothering w this manga lol, drop it. Let some other scans translate it pls.

I can't believe peridot just did that. she's kinda dumb ngl.
she hired someone under her name and expected that she wouldn't be caught. she could've just sent someone over in her place to hire him, using not the name peridot garnett(or whatever her name is). if she had just done that, she would've been able to keep her identity a secret and stay alive a little longer. it's not like the person that she hired would remain loyal and keep his mouth shut to the end. also, i was expecting mc to cry cuz she was so scared then passed out. i felt like it would've made arwin more angry towards peridot
and thanks for the update!! :))))))

@Wg_gvikh_555
I dunno.. ManhuaScans I think. Hey, if you just search up the title and then the chapter you'll definitely find it. That goes with most manhua.
Most of the time the quality could be worse but heyho..

Someone please tell me why the art started out so charming, funny, and beautiful....and devolved with every chapter into this offputting.... thing? TvT chapter 1 started off so pretty but...: ahhhhh what is this??? What is THIS?????

Why is the black haired girl here extremely similar to the bitch Ally in "Lady's Law of Survival"?

Edit: I just realized that they share the same artist. that explains it.

its basically the same characters. sometimes the hair color changed like the Duke in LLS's black hair becoming silver.

Users who are viewing this thread