Miyu-chan wa Zutto Tomodachi - Ch. 2 - It's Been a While

Dex-chan lover
I see what happened. I want a real bad ending for Murai. He's very deserving of a bad ending, and I see what (fake) Miyu"s goal is.

Dex-chan lover
But why tho? :huh:
This chapter, and She said Miyu, and mc were used, and tricked by Murai. I'll just say it. (Revenge). She knows how, and why Miyu died. Miyu died on the night of the festival. Murai was jealous of mc, and Miyu's relationship. He likely talked crap about mc. Miyu shot back. Murai got angry, and took her life. This is not a spoiler just so you know. It's just the common sense connecting the dots of the story. Ps she likely saw what happened, but didn't say anything at that time.

Dex-chan lover
Woo, already seeing the weak point of the bully. It had better be for him to become a better person and even maybe a friend of the MC, as opposed to allowing for his downfall.

inb4 she is a time travel clone like mirai nikki
You're kidding right?. Murai is complete scum. Going by the date of Miyu's death. She was found dead some time at or some time after the festival when mc was in hospital. He sent her messages, but got no reply. Likely she was already killed at that time. From the looks of the panels. The fireworks go off around 8pm She was there before that, and likely met Murai.
Murai likely demanded Miyu forget about mc, and date him. He also likely talked shit about Mc, and Miyu retaliated. Murai got angry got violent, and killed her. This is the theme of this story. There's no redemption shit for Murai. It's about what happened to her, why, and who did it.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting that after "Miyu" was corrected about the eating method, she continued to eat it the wrong way.
Im hoping new miyu is the same as "dead" just after some horrific trauma where here friend died and she basically factory reset. Just some small differences in attitude post memory loss like her being more machiavellian towards what she loves and eating taiyaki different.

MC did recignize her smile as old miyu for a moment there so it's possible she is in there.

Supporter
Murai is complete scum
He’s a school kid with stunted morality growth, what do you expect? Killing him off or otherwise writing him off to the background would unironically be worse for the story than giving him some room to develop. Because not only does it flesh out the bully’s character, but being given the option to forgive the kid who seriously tormented him makes for good development for the MC too.

Well, killing him off wouldn’t be as bad for the story as making him come back again and again as a more and more extreme and vengeful villain. I guess I’d be fine with nuMiyu killing him and roping MC in to be an accomplice, but that wouldn’t be as enjoyable a story. I much prefer characters improving themselves instead of digging a deeper and deeper pit for themselves.

Murai should be in a constant beating and becoming the series punching bag because the second he says and command something degrading like "go take a picture of her naked or something" I loose all expectation of redemption

He’s a school kid with stunted morality growth, what do you expect? Killing him off or otherwise writing him off to the background would unironically be worse for the story than giving him some room to develop. Because not only does it flesh out the bully’s character, but being given the option to forgive the kid who seriously tormented him makes for good development for the MC too.

Well, killing him off wouldn’t be as bad for the story as making him come back again and again as a more and more extreme and vengeful villain. I guess I’d be fine with nuMiyu killing him and roping MC in to be an accomplice, but that wouldn’t be as enjoyable a story. I much prefer characters improving themselves instead of digging a deeper and deeper pit for themselves.
listen, you have a good heart and I can see how you would say things like "redemption" would suite him since we're still early in the story, and truth be said I can see the story heading that direction since there's now a mystery that real Miyu is dead. Also you're right regarding killing him off since he put himself to be main series Antagonist he should suffer a bit longer.

However, I strongly disagree with with the first sentence you said,
he's a school kid.
a highschooler to be exact and one should understand basic morality and fact here is that he knows his action is wrong but he doesn't care as long it satisfied his selfish needs it wouldn't be matter to him.
he selfish action, his bullying would be forgivable if weren't for one of his disgusting command "go take a photo of her naked or something."

Dex-chan lover
Bruhh that’s fucked, imagine missing something with your friend then learning years later they died and maybe things would’ve been different had your not missed it. That’s fucked.

Dex-chan lover

Ah Murai's attitude, and actions piss a lot of readers off. I for one don't think he's deserving of a redemption ark. Mc was told he, and Miyu were used the whole time by Murai. That means they were never friends from the start.

Dex-chan lover
Im hoping new miyu is the same as "dead" just after some horrific trauma where here friend died and she basically factory reset. Just some small differences in attitude post memory loss like her being more machiavellian towards what she loves and eating taiyaki different.

MC did recignize her smile as old miyu for a moment there so it's possible she is in there.
That morgue shot kind of makes it seem she really is dead, and his mother was told she was dead.

Dex-chan lover
That morgue shot kind of makes it seem she really is dead, and his mother was told she was dead.
Yeah but the smile part is what makes it confusing. The morgue could be a friend of hers or some mystery sibling. Maybe it was easier to just tell the mom she died instead of trying to explain an amnesia type situation.

Well im also coping cause id like it more if she were alive

Dex-chan lover
Yeah but the smile part is what makes it confusing. The morgue could be a friend of hers or some mystery sibling. Maybe it was easier to just tell the mom she died instead of trying to explain an amnesia type situation.

Well im also coping cause id like it more if she were alive
Well I'm thinking the (fake) Miyu was the one sitting on the chair near the morgue table, and Miyu was the one covered on the table.

MD@Home
Because other commentators are acting as if his merely being fleshed out as a character is some writing failure, as if they're afraid that they might feel some sympathy for a character
Ok, first of all, you don't "flesh out" the horridly evil character with a "he came from bad situation" circumstances unless your intent is to force the reader to sympathise with them. There's literally no other reason to do it

Users who are viewing this thread