Miyu-chan wa Zutto Tomodachi - Ch. 4 - Murai in the Dark

Contributor
Haha uncencoring cockroaches, love it.

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
She was right ngl. This is the bully's family problems, not theirs. I know the MC is too kind but he had no obligation to help nor should he ever get involved, he is a fucking kid for Christ's sake, whatever he tried to do would just make it worse

Supporter
Do she plan burn the house for insurance money, or for revenge.
With the trash out front, even if she can hide the signs of it being deliberately set, I bet the insurance would fight to not pay out. And they probably aren’t even paying for insurance, though that might be included in the neighbourhood association. I think there might be a small fire set as an ultimatum for the bully, and him putting it out is the metaphor for him taking responsibility for this own life. By getting a job, or maybe a scholarship. Going to an orphanage works too though.

Supporter
Sigh, again...rehabilitation, not redemption. People in bad spots need help. It's not a matter of what they deserve or what's fair. It's a matter of what leads to the best outcome for everyone.
What’s best for the people involved, and what’s best for the narrative, aren’t necessarily the same thing. But it’s certainly nice when the two converge.

Dex-chan lover
Sigh, again...rehabilitation, not redemption. People in bad spots need help. It's not a matter of what they deserve or what's fair. It's a matter of what leads to the best outcome for everyone.
You are completely misunderstanding the comment you are replying to.
The "don't redeem the bully this quickly" is in regards to the writing around the bully. It is about his character not what happens to his character literally in story.
It was the fact that the bully was introduced as pretty harsh and mentally not sound to then turn into the average ~misunderstood weirdo with a sob story to artificially redeem his character instantly~ after one singular chapter.
Let's the bully be suffer for a few more chapters.
100% agree but seems it won't happen (can only hope for a literal fire to happen).
Both MCs treat him like a friend (she is actively working towards him) so I think the whole psycho-thriller aspect is only bait to pussy out and end on a comedic tone like the last 2 times. :(

Considering that this Miyu is not Miyu… I can't help but think, that the bully and his mother are going to have a mental breakdown, when the father, who's not the father suddenly appears

Dex-chan lover
i can feel where this manga is going. dear author, please actually cook this time around, edible, not burnt please.

Dex-chan lover
Looking at how new Miyu stomped on that cockroach, I don't fancy Murai, Murai's mom or even the neighbor association-san's chances...I'd be very disappointed if it isn't going to be on a Revenge Shop scale.

Let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes...Murai dad's past company might be next on the investigation.

Dex-chan lover
So why is the garbage piling up out front? Did they not pay the garbage collection fees?

Edit:
Hmm... https://thesmartlocal.jp/garbage-disposal-japan/ It's a bit complicated and some work to sort things out.

What's happened here is that Mom has burned out gone into overload. This is the point at which friends/family should be called in, but perhaps there's no help there. And it seems that generosity only goes so far in JP. (E.g. the "not out business" attitude from Miyu.)

That said, son could/should have stepped up, but no he went with extortion of his friend instead.

Much as I like JP manga/anime/etc. sometimes the pretty stark difference in fundamental ethos stands out. (Though TBF my culture/ethos has its own problems.)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Don't redeem the bully this quickly...
I think his "redemption" is kinda the point. In the eyes of the MC the bully is nearly instantly redeemed by his tragic backstorytm. I think Miyu pretty clearly disagrees with this and is only "helping" because that's what the MC wants. Whether she's actually trying to help or is going to make this some kind of fucked up lesson is yet to be seen

Dex-chan lover
Just a little bit of arson, as a treat.

Also, I wonder just how old this "Miyu" is because she's way smarter than anyone her age should be. Even if she is a genius child she's picking up on things way faster than anyone else that may be even close to their age, so I'm guessing she's either a stunted older sister, someone who looks close enough that just slid into her old life, or we're dealing with some kooky dimensional twist that hasn't been revealed yet.

Dex-chan lover
I had REALLY wanted something like this to happen

Mom-“why am I the only one who has to suffer?!”

Someone-slap

Someone-“only one suffering? So you’re saying that your son isn’t suffering too! He went through the exact same thing as you..”

Mom-tries to interject

Someone-“He’s a child that was unable to help (get a job for finance help)…he had to resort to bullying his childhood friend for money just to eat. Not only that but also has to watch and endure as his remaining parent/family he depend on deteriorate. And that same person, show they haven’t even thought about him…only one suffering”

(Sorry Not good at writing)

Dex-chan lover
Using self pity as an excuse not to do shit at the expense of your own son is not doing her any favors at all. It's literally just crying as she lashes out at the world because she wants to feel persecuted.
I don't buy that she's gonna set the house on fire, that feels way too obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread