Mob kara Hajimaru Tansaku Eiyuutan - Vol. 3 Ch. 21

Contributor
Yep, and i already do not like much the character design and "changes". Teri Terio manga adaption still the best. Wtf with the anime design? :rolleyes:

EDF3UTA.jpeg
the-dark-knight-christopher-nolan.gif

Dex-chan lover
I mean LN is original source so what did you expect?
When a manga has proven itself to be successful beyond its source material, the adaptation may follow the manga instead. This was the case for Isekai Meikyuu de Harem wo and tsukimichi.
Some comments are also saying that the LN's plot and characters are more bland compared to the manga.
Too bad this manga is too new and they already created the entire anime. It's just a shame for what could have been if they had waited a year or two for more manga material.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
MC please unsummon this demon bitch, let her continue her eternal suffering.

Dex-chan lover
If I remember correctly Raven, from "Teen Titans" (I know it is not a anime), originally had a skirt in her costume design. But when the animators for the show saw this, they quickly decided that animating a fluttering skirt was going to be a pain, so they opted to change her outfit into a leotard.

The anime is almost always going to vie for less detail/ more exposure.
Looks like the illustrators/animators decided that the short stack was unrealistic and un-necessary for this genre and went for a more conservative look for a broader audience.

Dex-chan lover
There are many anime that base itself on the LN, others that follow the manga, and others that go completely original (Check Mobuseka). It's just a matter of convenience, animation requires much more work, so sometimes they modify the designs to make it simpler to animate (check Mahoako's MC's hair, that is a simplified version of her original manga hair).

The main problem is the plot, I have read the WN, then bought the 1st volume of the LN expecting it to be equivalent to the manga, and guess what, it has nothing like that. The LN is essentially the same thing as the WN version:
  • Sil's initial summoning is just a loli appearing in front of him, there is nothing like the spread page manga where a giantess appears out of nowhere, and then transforms into the loli.
  • Sil has much less personality, there are much less interactions between the two, and she can only attack with MP consuming skills. In the manga, as we have seen, she can actually fight with her hands, this means that MC gets money faster, as Sil doesn't need to eat as much, her personality is also much more expressive, like she getting angry with MC not appearing when she had promised, or her evading her master when he was smelling after the boar fight, or even her fear of MC's lethal smelling weapon.
  • In the novel, the Iron Maiden Wall is also not limited to her breath, and is just a skill that activates for 2 or 3 minutes, and she can't move after activating.
  • The whole plot about being able to contact the servant outside the dungeon through the card also doesn't seem to exist (unless it appears in later chapters, but up to 190 chapters of the WN it has not happened, maybe it could have appeared in more recent chapters (like 700+), but that, also means that, at first, the whole divine world, or the thing about Lucelia being trapped in the demon world, and being summoned without her level being reset doesn't exist, as she is summoned normally at lvl1 as a arrogant loli.
  • The plot with the adventurer skinhead, then later meeting the whole party, whose leader is a good spirited Jason Voorhees that reprimands the skinhead guy, also doesn't exist.
  • The funny store owner muscleman doesn't exist, and is just some generic store owner.
  • The cat-like guild receptionist specialized in stealth and the whole plot of trying to find MC's secrets doesn't exist.
  • The noticing that MC has been leveling up too fast and is earning much more a bit too fast comes only much later in the WN.

The novel versions are extremely bland.

I would guess that the author and the mangaka may have sat together and added these extras to the manga, but I also understand that, many times, specially to these random novel to manga adaptations (unlike something like One Punch Man, where the mangaka makes revisions based on the author's feedback), these extras could have been mostly made by the mangaka and since the manga is not very far away, what would the anime base itself on?

On the existing bland novels?

Or would it extend the manga version that is still not as far?

I was planning to buy all the novels originally, but after finding out that they are not like the manga at all regarding the plot, and are basically the same as the WN, I lost my motivation, and am considering to just resume the WN hoping to see these changes adapted into it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yep, and i already do not like much the character design and "changes". Teri Terio manga adaption still the best. Wtf with the anime design? :rolleyes:

EDF3UTA.jpeg
So they gave her a booba upgrade and added more exposure in the manga compared to the LN.
But the anime is not only GREATLY reducing her booba (turning her from a big breasted char into a small chested one) but made her armor more cute than anything compared to both. The only exposure in the anime is a very small amount of legs....who came up with this!?

If I remember correctly Raven, from "Teen Titans" (I know it is not a anime), originally had a skirt in her costume design. But when the animators for the show saw this, they quickly decided that animating a fluttering skirt was going to be a pain, so they opted to change her outfit into a leotard.

The anime is almost always going to vie for less detail/ more exposure.
Looks like the illustrators/animators decided that the short stack was unrealistic and un-necessary for this genre and went for a more conservative look for a broader audience.
Broader audience? or minority of western audience?
They decided it was unnecessary for a genre that is composed of 80%+ ecchi material? Highly unlikely.
They decided that short stacks are unrealistic when there are real cases of short women that are well-endowed? Also highly unlikely.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
There are many anime that base itself on the LN, others that follow the manga, and others that go completely original (Check Mobuseka). It's just a matter of convenience, animation requires much more work, so sometimes they modify the designs to make it simpler to animate (check Mahoako's MC's hair, that is a simplified version of her original manga hair).

The main problem is the plot, I have read the WN, then bought the 1st volume of the LN expecting it to be equivalent to the manga, and guess what, it has nothing like that. The LN is essentially the same thing as the WN version:
  • Sil's initial summoning is just a loli appearing in front of him, there is nothing like the spread page manga where a giantess appears out of nowhere, and then transforms into the loli.
  • Sil has much less personality, there are much less interactions between the two, and she can only attack with MP consuming skills. In the manga, as we have seen, she can actually fight with her hands, this means that MC gets money faster, as Sil doesn't need to eat as much, her personality is also much more expressive, like she getting angry with MC not appearing when she had promised, or her evading her master when he was smelling after the boar fight, or even her fear of MC's lethal smelling weapon.
  • In the novel, the Iron Maiden Wall is also not limited to her breath, and is just a skill that activates for 2 or 3 minutes, and she can't move after activating.
  • The whole plot about being able to contact the servant outside the dungeon through the card also doesn't seem to exist (unless it appears in later chapters, but up to 190 chapters of the WN it has not happened, maybe it could have appeared in more recent chapters (like 700+), but that, also means that, at first, the whole divine world, or the thing about Lucelia being trapped in the demon world, and being summoned without her level being reset doesn't exist, as she is summoned normally at lvl1 as a arrogant loli.
  • The plot with the adventurer skinhead, then later meeting the whole party, whose leader is a good spirited Jason Voorhees that reprimands the skinhead guy, also doesn't exist.
  • The funny store owner muscleman doesn't exist, and is just some generic store owner.
  • The cat-like guild receptionist specialized in stealth and the whole plot of trying to find MC's secrets doesn't exist.
  • The noticing that MC has been leveling up too fast and is earning much more a bit too fast comes only much later in the WN.

The novel versions are extremely bland.

I would guess that the author and the mangaka may have sat together and added these extras to the manga, but I also understand that, many times, specially to these random novel to manga adaptations (unlike something like One Punch Man, where the mangaka makes revisions based on the author's feedback), these extras could have been mostly made by the mangaka and since the manga is not very far away, what would the anime base itself on?

On the existing bland novels?

Or would it extend the manga version that is still not as far?

I was planning to buy all the novels originally, but after finding out that they are not like the manga at all regarding the plot, and are basically the same as the WN, I lost my motivation, and am considering to just resume the WN hoping to see these changes adapted into it.
Once again proving my theory that light novels are the most dangerous things to manga. Between inspiring bad anime designs and spawning manga to just act as advertisements for the LN, i hate em
FwnESJZacAMyHJE

Dex-chan lover

EDF3UTA.jpeg
not the first time they nerfed someones ballistics. Need i remind u how they nerfed the living fuck out of Raphtalia from Shield Hero?

Dex-chan lover
Man I read the raws already but I never get over how nonchalant Sil looks while literary using the Krakens own Tentacles as a catapult for a Sil Missile.

Dex-chan lover
Just saw this title on an article, glad to read this.
I hope the anime adaptation would be as funny as the manga.

Dex-chan lover
Wow.
I just read from chapter 4 to 21, and this MC is fucking stupid.
The very first thing he does, in every single situation is give up.
Any time he has to say "no" or say "stop" or do ANYTHING requiring a spine, he just quits as quickly as possible.
Causing this stupid DBZ scenario; how many more chapters will this single fight (3 seconds) and discussion (unknowable geologic amount of time) require?
He said "no," which means the servant didn't listen, which means FUCKING KILL HER, which means stop wasting fucking time and continue telling a story!

It's like the mangaka didn't have a story to tell, and just wanted to draw Batman from the 1960s...

Aggregator gang
The manga design has so much more personality and flair than the LNs. Very nice improvements.
A shame that the anime will be using the LN version.
FFgjmJUUcAYaY3D
MESUGAKI UUUOOOOOOOOGGGGGHHHHHHHH 😭😭😭😭

Dex-chan lover
maybe they want it to be properly shown to everyone even kids? with how they reduce the skin exposure in anime design and indeed manga artist is quite amazing, also i like the demon design too even the horn instead of the eye, it truly shows that she is a demon through and through

Check out seasonal anime lists, like livechart.me. On such sites you can see, for each season, at least a few shows that--in their art direction--make it painfully obvious that they're aimed specifically at kids. Then, you have those that aren't so obviously made for children, but they still are.

Not everything has to be made for kids; not everything must be shown to kids in the first place. This mindset is how we ended up in the infantilized society of today, where "think of the kids" means by extension "everyone must be a kid". It's also funny how one absolutely has to "think of the kids" whenever a big-breasted pretty girl shows up--no matter the intended demographic; however, androgyny, effeminacy and homoerotic subtext, and pedophilia are always okay--they're definitely thinking of the kids then, in more ways than you realize.

Wow.
I just read from chapter 4 to 21, and this MC is fucking stupid.
The very first thing he does, in every single situation is give up.
Any time he has to say "no" or say "stop" or do ANYTHING requiring a spine, he just quits as quickly as possible.
Causing this stupid DBZ scenario; how many more chapters will this single fight (3 seconds) and discussion (unknowable geologic amount of time) require?
He said "no," which means the servant didn't listen, which means FUCKING KILL HER, which means stop wasting fucking time and continue telling a story!

It's like the mangaka didn't have a story to tell, and just wanted to draw Batman from the 1960s...

At least for now, he's supposed to be the quintessential titular mob. The problem is that mobs aren't spineless by definition or convention; Japanese male MCs, on the other hand, certainly are. The powers that be have an agenda to push, you know? Japanese birth rates are in the pits, and they want to make sure that Japanese society follows suit for sure.

That said, I'll admit that a reason I'm enjoying this fight is because Sylphy is (almost literally) putting the degenerate-bait devil through the meatgrinder. Hell, Sylphy is the reason I'm reading this manga--certainly isn't Mr. Garden-Variety Kaito, as he has done absolutely nothing to make himself interesting or likable, or otherwise distinguish himself even this many chapters in. The problem with him is that, even though he's ordinary (which is part of what mobs are by definition), he's pathetic on top of that--and doesn't show much in the way of transcending such a loathsome state. For every one step he does take toward leaving his pathetic state behind, he takes two steps back: for example, instead of staying with his bug spray, Kaito gets a tungsten rod to fight with--which is good; but in most cases, he's found hiding behind Sylphy anyway and chucking things from there. Kaito undergoes training with that rod, for combat's sake; but--in keeping with how Japanese male MCs are apparently supposed to be delicate of body and androgynous of form--he does not take the muscular shopkeep's advice seriously, and avoids actually strengthening himself.

And then there's his approach to critical, high-stress situations, like with Lucelia burning Sylphy: become emotionally incontinent, bow, and beg for the source of the stress to stop being one.

Yes, Kaito is the titular "mob"--so the author is attempting to illustrate this in how pathetic he is. The problems are that his state right now is standard for your average MC, and that the author is pushing that image so hard that Kaito doesn't appear to be on track to improve at all. It's fine if your character's supposed to start as a zero, but he has to stop being one at some point--or else your story's just going to be about someone pathetic. His change has to start to some degree early on, especially if it's logically necessitated by his circumstances (in this case, Kaito would likely die if he remained weak--especially while solo adventuring--in those dungeons...if Sylphy wasn't there).

That sort of thing is why you see tons of male MCs presented with inferior depiction (e.g., less noticeably) behind female leads. Kaito is the same, so far--Sylphy is carrying this story that's supposed to be about him.

Users who are viewing this thread