Mod Dialogue Thread

Group Leader
I remember long long ago. There was a user complaining that there was Loli H on the site.

@Ixlone replied by linking the first chapter on the site which was Loli H.

729.png

This man is a national treasure. Protect him.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
I have not forgotten about this thread. I will reply when things are a little less busy.

Dex-chan lover
To preface, taking the first step towards a rapport between parties is appreciated. Not like it's an easy thing to do either.

As for my position, I've briefly described it previously, but I'd say that the main issue is tonality. There's probably less than five moderator actions carried out by you (Zeph) that I could find I actually disagree with; it's frankly just the language used when said moderator actions are carried out that results in disagreements and feelings of divide and even alienation.

This is an example of the most benign mod edit I could find:
Code:
Edit: Rule 5.1.5. Comment moderated, no further action taken against user.

I'm totally aware that users who attempt to push the limits exist, and I'd personally say that dabbing on them with brevity is widely accepted and in certain situations even encouraged. But in the end, those who sit in big chairs are held to different standards, for better or for worse. No one expects the colorful-username-people to be punching bags of course, but mean words do beget mean words in return, which is the moral of my TED Talk.

Can we get a comment on users whose names contain some very "hmmm" things in them?

Y'know roundabout ways to use slurs that you've banned people for using or other -ist/-isms 'verboten' by the rules? Names like "Spanish->Greek word for the color black that Americans use with a Southern drawl and is now thrown around with an a instead of an r at the end," or "HitlerDidNothingWrong," or other nonsense that belongs on 8kun or /pol/ type websites.

You've targeted scanlation groups with more tame names before so...

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Work and life sucks. For those of you that aren't adults yet, I highly recommend not growing up.

Let me try to address a few things here.

@bigtiddyoneesan
The time I've spent moderating MD has shown me that people don't care one little bit whether or not you are "nice" and "professional" when you are disciplining them. Frankly, I got tired of treating people with respect who showed me little to none in return. Repeat offenders and edgelords are undeserving of the effort it takes me to be pleasant. I don't know about other mods and I can't speak for them, but I will make an effort to reign in the annoyance when I am moderating. I won't promise to turn into Mr. Rogers overnight because some people deserve chewing out but the effort will be there.

@wowfucktron
I've long been unhappy about this but unfortunately there's not a lot I can personally do about it. The only thing I can suggest is DMing @Ixlone if you believe a name violates our rules.

Dex-chan lover
Frankly, I wish most of the mods were as strict with the rules as you are.

Never knew people got upset at mods here. I thought forums weren't so active anyway.

People will always get upset at mods regardless if they are doing the right or wrong thing. There is just that negative stigma they create unintentionally because they have a job to do lol. Mods here seem fine. I have seen a few people get comment banned but that is because they violated some rule. No problems with mods for me, they seem nice.

Users who are viewing this thread