Modern MoGal if - Oni's Love Rule - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Oni's Love Rule (1)

Fed-Kun's army
Teacher-student relationships have been a common trope in manga since like, forever? Not to mention that it's actually ephebophilia like saladofstones mentioned, which is a totally different ball game. SJWs everywhere being hypocrites. If the idea of 'pedophilia' in fiction disgust you guys so much, why are you reading manga in the first place when this material is notorious for this kind of romance.
@moderateTrouble Understood your point completely. However, to confuse fiction and reality is not exactly normal. It is not wrong to feel emotional from fiction as there are techniques in media that invokes emotions by using relatable characters especially in games and TV series and good stories actually does this, but even at that point, people understand the difference between fantasy and reality. Feeling outrage at this kind of casual slice of life manga is just weird.

Dex-chan lover
Can't say I'm surprised this community would die on this hill. Teacher-student relationships are gross, especially when the age gap is this large. It doesn't matter that it's fiction, either. If written incorrectly, abusers can use fiction to show their victims that their relationship is okay. Additionally, the victims are often impressionable, young, and not mentally matured which is why they are more susceptible to conflating fiction with reality.

The reason why this specific chapter is so egregious is mostly how the teacher was written. He's waaay too willing to go along with this relationship going so far as to reduce conversation with female colleagues to make the young girl happy.

I've seen some say we don't know how she ages, or he can't reject her or she'll curse him and others. Neither excuse works, to be honest. Regardless of how she ages (likely the same as everyone else) it's established that all of society views and treats her as a 1st year high school student. If she starts cursing everyone the teacher can just report her to the special species police for her indiscriminate use of curses. We've already seen them capture giant monsters so we know they exist. She'd probably go to court just like the werewolf case.

P.S. The distinction between pedophilia and ephebophilia isn't necessary. The fact of the matter is that an older, mature individual is preying on a younger, immature individual. The same power dynamic is in place.

P.P.S. I'm not interested in debate here.

Dex-chan lover
Well if medusas can kill little boys and get away with their bullshit, then he can fuck little girls and get away with his bullshit.

Edit: this manga has that kind of non existent morals, and the fact that some of the recurring characters work as judges and lawyers just adds to the irony.

@moderateTrouble @BestBoy Just ignore the pedos and people rushing to the defense of the comic and flimsy "freedom of art" no matter what excuses. There's always people who are going to be upset for being called out on their BS. Child + teacher relationships = gross. End of story.

Dex-chan lover
So there's only 3 of these right? Favorite part about this series is the one-page 'sugar high' equivalent.

This is like eating a snack that I don't really care for, but it's still got some sugar & junk, so I'll enjoy it anyway.

Dex-chan lover
It's a god damn gag manga, with drawn people, that do NOT exist.
Go back to twitter with your pseudo moral high ground BS.

Dex-chan lover
Poor brainwashed r-tards getting offended by this, seems like their miserable life gave them a ... trauma xDDDDD 🤣

Dex-chan lover
this seems unsettling here.. i like the usual conversationless 4 koma more

If you have read something CLAMP related, you're inmune to this really...

Dex-chan lover
Wow sjw moral police attacking this chapter :v
If you don't like this chapter just drop this series and move on. :v

Fed-Kun's army
This relationship is wrong, because "the teacher inherently has more power" than the student? lmao fucking WHAT???
What type of psychopathic brainlet do you have to be to think you shouldn't have a relationship with someone, because they have more "power" over you? How absolutely pathetic and insecure do you have to be, in order to let a perception of power prevent you from getting into a relationship?

The reason this relationship is wrong is because of the massive age gap between the two, that they can't possibly have anything in common, and the fact that the girl is a CHILD. The fact that children are nowhere near mature enough to be in a relationship and lack the ability to consent to any form of sexual advances is the reason why this relationship is so incredibly fucked, NOT some made up, bullshit power-struggle.

Dex-chan lover
Unless the raws are already out for the rest of this little vignette I think people are reading into the term "relationship" a bit too much. For all we know it could just be a one sided infatuation that he goes along with since it's easier to deal with her that way. There seems to be a lot of people getting the implication it's some sort of physical relationship which I'm just not seeing given the interactions we've seen with them.

I mean, if they were fucking why would he care that she snuck into his room while visiting? Granted as an authority figure to her he should be more stern and set proper boundaries but given her nature he probably just finds it easier to let her have a bit of freedom so she's less of a hassle. I sincerely doubt this goes beyond just them spending time together because she won't leave him alone and him acquiescing because he's lazy/carefree.

Dex-chan lover
@moderateTrouble that's my job my friend

Btw, i still don't like your excuse that you're just here to explain others reaction

I mean why

Dex-chan lover
It's quite funny that people say "It's fiction, not real life" and basically deny every piece of media the capacity to affect people, be it on a intellectual or emotional level, positive or negative.

Ok. Letterer here. I've read all 15 pages already (each update is gonna be composed of 5 pages each).

I'll be honest, prima facie, working on these pages made me a bit uncomfortable but also from the story, yes...
a) ultimately, the teacher is treating it as a platonic love to humor her
b) he's also the kind of guy that would wait until she's legal before treating this as something more than platonic
c) she's far more powerful and scary than he is
d) there's a reason why she's infatuated with him and is actually rather sweet, but that will be explained in part 3

these 5 pages look bad because they lack the context the last 5 pages provide

That said, if you're still squicked about it, it's fair and I won't hold it against you -- and it's also a spin-off, you can just wait for these 3 weeks to be over and then come back when Shepherd0821 will likely draw Medusa killing more kids instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PS. Also, my fault for not making it clear its platonic in page 3 -- I completely goofed that part. It was meant to read "secret platonic relationship" and forgot to add the platonic part.

Users who are viewing this thread