Mokuyoubi wa Kimi to Nakitai - Vol. 2 Ch. 17 - A Real Page-Turner

Dex-chan lover
That childhood friend, he doesn't love his friend, he loves his dead sister and tries to fulfill it by messing with his friend's relationships, what a douche.

Contributor
Can well all just talk about how cute Kaoru is for a minute? Like seriously, wearing their hair sorta like how Reiko wears hers in that picture.

BEGONE!!! Stay away from them you snake!!! 😡

And... Senmitsu, stop projecting your childhood love for Kaede onto Kaoru! As one of his few pillars of supports that he can be 'himself' around, it only hurts him more! 😭

Group Leader
Yeah... Senmitsu is going the wrong way about the Kaede/Kaoru situation but the real villain here is Reika. That girl is playing everyone and making them act according to her intentions.

Is it not possible that the childhood friend is in love with the MC himself over the years. I feel like it's a fair possibility that isn't being brought up in the comments

@BlackHoxton That's possible, though keep in mind that like 2 chapters ago there was an implication the dude is tracking Kauro through some sort of GPS thing that Kauro doesn't know about and what happened at the end here, 'who' he's crushing on doesn't really matter.

Heck, going even a bit more speculation I think the dude might have caused the sister's death by confessing to her, getting rejected, then pushing her due to emotions which lead to her fall (he said his love was unrequited then recalled the scene where he and Kauro were looking at her body, yet Kauro hasn't shown any strong emotions/memories to that scene suggesting it was extra impactful to the childhood friend), I could be wrong though.

@BlackHoxton In love with the sister's shadow. He can't help but see Kaede in him. Deep down, he knows about it. That's why he retracted his hand.

@shanoc5902 Pretty dark theory there. Kaoru's face wasn't shown during that scene. They were playing in the mountains. It wouldn't be odd if she slipped or got pushed by accident. Not that I'm denying your speculation. That's just how I understood it.
And it's Kaoru, not Kauro. 😀

@AfterMidnightMoon Ah, thanks for the correction, I'm very bad with names and was on my phone at the time. That said I'd totally get it if it was a complete accident, but the description of the manga says that everyone has a secret, and a few details just really stood out to me during that chapter (like how did he know it was unrequited? If he had confessed to her before and she said she rejected him then I'd imagine Kaoru would have heard about it and it might have come up in conversation by now, along with only one of them clearly remembering her body)

Dex-chan lover
Senmitsu pls Reika pls ;w; more drama incoming. Saotome is best kid so far btw.
That extra/credits page though...the pretty boys one gyaaah my heart >///< bless this artist. I really love their art!

It seemed he just retracted his hand but in truth he was grabbing MC's phone to get saotome's number. I think he planned that from the start but then got distracted trying to grab MC and what MC noticed is either that Senmitsu grabbed his phone or that he still hasn't gotten over the deceased sister. Probably both so now he doesn't know what to think of it.

Users who are viewing this thread