Monogatari no Kuromaku ni Tensei Shite - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
What a wuss. You were so cool and confident until now, but the moment you experience a setback, you off yourself. Some ambitious mastermind you turned out to be.

Dex-chan lover
Scanlation is definitely better than 99.9% of scanlators. There are some extremely minor issues (like you used "saved" where you should have put "save" in one instance) but as a total pedant and fellow scanlator I say this was a pretty damn good job (and I am not easily pleased)

Dex-chan lover
Yeah MC, maybe you HAVE thoroughly altered the plot to be unrecognizable.

I called it, everything needed a full chapter exposition.

I think the last conversation may need some tweaking depending on the original text, I suspect it's more about MC being more timid rather than kind.

Dex-chan lover
So its all tying together: in the game, Protag's father dies which causes him to want strength and also likely made him vengeful against the kingdom for the lack of security in his village (he likely grew even more so pissed if they forcefully tried to recruit him as they did with MC). Final boss's daughter dies which causes them to turn evil. Being forcefully recruited by the noble who killed himself protag is saved by final boss and he works for him. Protag wants more power to help serve Final Boss so he rips out the stone of the saint to gain access to the op sword.

Thats at least what I think happened.

Dex-chan lover
Translator got hooked on compliment high, now going for another shot 💪 Thanks man, good work.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for changing/correcting "demon sword" to "magic sword". That has always bothered me.

As for the story, Marquis de Ignaat is "the greatest aristocrat the royal family is proud of", and yet in the original game's plot, the royal family didn't give him the medicine to save his daughter? Makes me think of managers who heap tons of praise on their workers but never give them raises/promotions.

Dex-chan lover
I'm just happy that someone picked up the series thanks a lot translator, keep up the good work

Dex-chan lover
lmfao mc without realizing entirely changed the course of the plot by killing the wolf boss thats wild. For that much to have happened from the actions of mc unknowingly is a little goofy but so be it.

Dex-chan lover
kinda pissed off that it just glazes over the dude killing himself to wrap the arc up. Like, I wouldn't want a full on legal drama or anything but to see th dude get exposed would've been satisfying. Nope, just swept aside like "oh no big deal"

Dex-chan lover
It's good that a lot of the contentious stuff from ch.15 onward got explained.
Yup, this is really explain a lot (plus there's other commentator of previous chapter to summarizing the whole incident) and it become make more sense

I hope I can see Margrave situation after her daughter saved. That's will complete the puzzle we got so far since the story started

Dex-chan lover
kinda pissed off that it just glazes over the dude killing himself to wrap the arc up. Like, I wouldn't want a full on legal drama or anything but to see th dude get exposed would've been satisfying. Nope, just swept aside like "oh no big deal"
No, the Viscount probably not killing himself, maybe got set up by Margrave or there's another reason. But well, it's political dispute so we as other spectators doesn't know the real reason underlying on viscount suicide

Users who are viewing this thread