Monster Musume no Oishasan - Vol. 1 Ch. 2.2 - The Second Case: The Mermaid from the Waterways (2)

Dex-chan lover
@kwendy
There's a big difference between 'carried away' and 'drowned' when you live underwater.

Dex-chan lover
Next chapter spoiler:
She almost drowned due to breathing difficulties but the doctor dived in and saved her.

Dex-chan lover
Been waiting for more! Please tell me that scanlation will be happening for this on a semi regular schedule!

Dex-chan lover
i read this one 2 years ago, oh well better late than never.

Dex-chan lover
@Riger There is a difference between kappa and mermaid. There is a difference between idiomes and occurences. There is a difference between metaphor literal and figurative meaning. There is a difference between cat and feline. There is a difference between difference and variations.

Dex-chan lover
@kwendy
You were the one who brought up kappa. I just said drowning and being carried away were different. And if you've ever swam in the ocean, you should know at least a little bit about undertows. Fish and other sea creatures get dragged away by them all the time. They can be a lot more powerful than most think.
Your entire comment was only arguing semantics. And I stand by what I said. A mermaid drowning is ironic.

Ironic: happening in the opposite way to what is expected, and typically causing wry amusement because of this.
So a creature who lives and breathes underwater (mermaid) drowning is opposite to the expected, causing amusement to me (irony).

Dex-chan lover
@Riger The point is - it just flew over your head. Don't try to catch it, you alredy missed it.

Dex-chan lover
@kwendy
Pretty sure there's a specific name for an internet poster that makes random crap up to 'prove' a point that didn't exist. And then when they fail claim "You didn't get it" and runs away. Can't remember what it was, off the top of my head.
But its fine. Since you've pulled the "you didn't get my pointless point", no reason in seeing any of your comments anymore. Have fun bothering someone else that isn't me :)

Dex-chan lover
@Riger I did present you all the information you need to get what I mean. You did not understood. I told you directly that you did not understood and you took offence to that. I will not be spelling out to you what exactly did you missed because I don't want to insult your intelligence further. Also you did not asked and proceeded with your rant instead.

Dex-chan lover
@Riger: Kwendy isn't making up random crap as you put it. Just a quick Google search tells me that "a kappa carried away by water" is an old Japanese proverb, with its rough equivalent in Western culture being such proverbs as "Homer sometimes nods" and "to err is human".

Users who are viewing this thread