Monster

Well... this is a really frustrating manga. All i can that is "what the fuck are you doing tenma??? Making these absolutely horrible choices, youre just making things worse for yourself and for everyone?!"
I dont know, I dont have a really inquisitive and long critique, I dont know it just... It doesnt feel right, I cant get through chapter 20, its hard to keep reading through this. I think im in the wrong, probably just isnt for me, i guess.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
I read this manga 3 years ago and loved it at first, but started hating it by the end. I read it too far apart so it kinda felt like things came out of nowhere. I'm so glad I reread this in 3 days bc it all fit so well this time and I got read one of the best stories I think I've ever experienced.

I think there are two themes to this story: the power of fear, and whether all lives have value. Each arc does a fantastic job of clearly showing how either Tenma or Johan views at least one of these questions and the small town arc wraps up both of these questions beautifully. It's an amazing conclusion

Thank you Naoki Urasawa for an amazing experience!

Im currently reading this and tbh the length scares me... im at the part where the roberto guy does the stuff idk like chapter 40. Really good series would reccomend to any seinen manga lover

Dex-chan lover
Wonderful and emotional read, all characters (except Roberto) are interesting. Can't say I'm a fan of the ambigious ending, or the novel sequel, but it's still good in the end.

Dex-chan lover
Younger people who arent enjoying this come back after a few years , when you are mature enough to enjoy a great manga with phenomenal writing.

Each character is a person with their own motivations,make their decisions and mistakes based on who they are, not for the story’s convenience.

I was on the same boat. When i was young and the anime was airing on animax , i brushed it off because it seemed boring compared to action animes like law of euki or black cat…etc that were airing around the same time.But now that ive grown into a young adult revisiting this story it just sucks me right in.

Garbage with no ending, just like ANY SEINEN mangas ever made. Just a bunch of fluff talking, reflections, poetry and philosophy for hundreds of chapters just to end with "you figure out the ending".
I'm DONE with seinen mangas. They aren't violent, gory or anything "made for adults". It's just annoying talking and talking and talking to end with no ending. Just like anything from Junji Ito, or 20th and even 21th century boys or dragon head or anything else seinen I've read before and I can only remember it didn't had an ending.

They should change the tag meanings for Seinen=philosophy students and girls; and Shonen=any age people who like stories with an actual ending.

Younger people who arent enjoying this come back after a few years , when you are mature enough to enjoy a great manga with phenomenal writing.

Each character is a person with their own motivations,make their decisions and mistakes based on who they are, not for the story’s convenience.

I was on the same boat. When i was young and the anime was airing on animax , i brushed it off because it seemed boring compared to action animes like law of euki or black cat…etc that were airing around the same time.But now that ive grown into a young adult revisiting this story it just sucks me right in.
Go back to you philosophy class. "Great writing" means having an ending. This just leaves it for your imagination, just like dumb philosophy. Even the mangaka has no idea if Johan is dead or alive lol

Dex-chan lover
I’m not responsible for your lack of reading comprehension or you having a different taste.
Judging on your posts on other mangas it seems you are bitter about pretty much everything or just not enjoying the medium in general.

Users who are viewing this thread