MookHyang - Dark Lady

You know that this is martial arts manhua but theres no martial arts in this.... idk the mecha just turns off the action

Fed-Kun's army
@warbutt:
I agree completely. Power drops are fine when told properly, but the power drop here was so abrupt and made so little sense (even within context of fantasy world) that it just killed all the interest I may have had in the series. I mean, MC's from another (murim) world but still has his abilities intact -- so it's probably safe to assume the new world operates on similar principles -- so "magic" should just be a different application of the same principles of energy manipulation used in cultivation/martial arts. Therefore one would expect MC's body to have had a strong resistance to magical manipulation. Could the genderswap and power drop still be done? Yes, but not in the offhand, by-a-guy-sneaking-behind-you-from-an-alleyway kind of bullshit the author pulled off here just to tick off a story bullet point. It should have been an entire arc, with a brutal fight that leaves the MC severely weakened and thus especially vulnerable. Sure people might still get turned off by the power drop, but at least it would have made more sense then.

As it is the series has a gaping plot hole the size of Uranus, which I can only presume to the end result of the author biting off far more than he can chew.

Fed-Kun's army
I really believe that the author is just making stuff up as time passes. There’s very little planning for the future. I doubt he even knows how this story would end rn. It’s not bad but you can tell where he changes his mind about stuff and quickly switches up

Dex-chan lover
honestly I was pretty pissed when
MC was turned into an useless girl
but the more I read the more I like it.

I dont even know wtf is going on any more... Too many new characters and kingdoms being randomly thrown around.

I miss dark Dark, also I'm wondering when we'll meet the owner of the appearance Dark has now...

I don't care what your opinion of this story is, I'll still respect it, so please respect mine.
I really enjoyed the beginning. While there wasn't much development going on for the mc because he was already the strongest, it was fun watching him explore this new world he found himself stuck in. And I loved his no bullshit personality. He was a blast to read and it really complimented how broken he was. A lot of broken mc who get isekaid into another world is this wishy washy prick who super oblivious to everything, and yet he has all these girls falling onto his dick, so the mc here was pretty refreshing to read. I would say the side characters were much weaker overall, I can only remember the faces of some of them, much less the names. While that is a minus, I'd say that the fun mc somewhat makes up for it.

Now here's where I thought things started to decline. With the introductions of the mechs brings in a whole new power system. And new power systems can help the show if the old one was beginning to grow stale, Jojo is an easy example. But the issue here is the old one wasn't built up upon nearly enough for that to happen. Because Jojo makes an easy comparison, I'll be using that. With hammon being utilized extensively in part 2, there wasn't much Araki could do with it, so the introduction of Stands he breathed a new breath of light into Jojo and has helped it get to 8 parts and still counting. But the issue here is, the magic was explained, mastered, and then barely utilized. The mc learned how to use magic, mastered it in a couple of chapters, and while he does use it, we haven't seen other people use it enough to have grown stale. The introductions of mechs made the magic obsolete and quickly overpowered it. I'd say I'm a fan of mecha anime but it feels like the author just kinda pulled it out of his ass. But I'd say the mechs didn't ruin the show, it just broke immersion and felt a little overbearing.

Now, a good ways into the show, the mc turns into a girl, and I thought this was genius. When he turned into a girl he lost all of his power, hundreds of years worth of it. And I thought this was extremely smart because there was a time limit. He needed his power back, and fast, or else things would get really bad. Where I thought the story would lead is because he doesn't have enough time, he needs to remaster the world's magic system, and with the help of the knowledge from his original world, get strong enough fast enough to stop the conflict. And we get to see the once untouchable mc react to and respond to getting stronger. But this clearly didn't happen. He gets this ring with a water spirit or something like that inside that could level countries. And with the help of that ring, he learns this water magic thing. And while this isn't what I was expecting, the water ring was cool and it should help the mc develop because the water ring trains him in his dream, and serves as a challenge he has to overcome. But no, he gets caught up with this whole political stuff, something something dragon? And some sort of demon power? He uses his demon power to defeat the water spirit, meaning there's jack shit for development. And the whole story starts spiraling out of control. It's hard to keep up with and the whole political aspect doesn't help. This is the point where I dropped it since I wasn't having fun reading it and it just felt like a waste of time.

TLDR; Mc is cool for a while until his dick vanishes. Power system neat until it isn't. Plot's nice and easy to follow until it isn't. I recommend reading up until the genderswap. The art is really nice. I read really far into it but I did drop it at a certain point, so if it gets better then I wouldn't know. And finally, if I had to rate it, overall I would give it a 6 on mangadex

What this? toss new character like dynasty warrior which i cant keep up X+X

Dex-chan lover
@asdgfh Thanks for the solid review. I was enjoying the prequel and was wondering if this one was worth trying. I now know what I am getting into.

Story is actually promising "murim in fantasy world" hell yea but this series' plot is bad, let me explain.

Imagine you feel like going to mcdonalds, you see there is an offer for big macs you see this particular X mcdonalds is adding today double sauce to the big mac, you go then happly and order your big mac then you receive a subway's sandwich, your reaction will be "hey wtf this isnt what i ordered?" doesnt matter that its a nice subway sandwich or that you like to eat subway sandwich or not, independently of that fact its not what you came here for, of course some souls out there would be fine since subway is scarce on their countries, they have anxiety problems or they just decided the sandwich was more healthy or something but thing is... you really ought to serve people your big mac cuz thats why they went to mcdonalds on the first place.

Same thing happens with the plot of this garbage, there is a "twist" there that was "foreshadowed" that is clearly a turnoff for several people, me included, i despise this since its too late on the manwha i already have expectations of what is going to happen but then you go and turn the MC into a girl.

Look, i like gb genre but this is not what i came here for you can take that drama somewhere else, I WANTED TO SEE A MURIM GOD FIGHTING IN A FANTASY WORLD, i think the gb may be a neat idea but but author shouldve been upfront with it and do THIS on episode 1 or 2 before we already have expectations on the directions of the show, its just badly implemented and used just for cheap drama.

that kind of drama has to be handled carefully on an action/martial arts manwha, i think author tried to do isekai on his own way or how he considered it to be right but... it just didnt bode well, maybe korean guys dig this more i dont know... from what i can see im not the only one that thinks this serie's premise fell flat on its face and died of a broken neck.

How is it that people are still bitching about this manwha 60 chapters after the fact. Go, leave if you don't enjoy it. Don't spoil it for those that do.

Double-page supporter
Does anyone feel that, they keep mentioning things and expect us to know what they are..?

Twenty chapters of getting to know a MC then they pull a genderswap nonsense. Guess they wanted to expand their market and didn't care if it annoyed people.

@tivanenk especially funny since those first almost 50 chapters aren't even on this site. So people read it somewhere and then specifically come here to complain.

@bakauguu I'm honestly enjoying these recent chapters. Yeah, it's a bit much to take in at first, but once you've understood the politics at play, it's actually very interesting to follow and separates it from manhwa that just follow murder-hobo MCs with no goal in sight. The only other isekai manhwa that I can think of with this dynamic is ID The Greatest Fusion Fantasy and it's been a long time since I've read it.

I don't understand why people were surprised with this not revolving around murim. It clearly wasn't that from the get go. This story was extremely transparent with what it was going to be. The people who couldn't see that, were deluding themselves into believing the story was something it wasn't

Users who are viewing this thread