Mosquito War - Ch. 22

I found the webcomic on webtoons where you can read an episode a day on their app
https://m.webtoons.com/en/sf/mosquito-wars/list?title_no=2404

Im starting reading this on webtoon app... im sad that the app version had somewhat tamed the nude joke...

Group Leader
@punpun, why don't you add an official English link (near the raws link button) in the series description? Also, thanks for this journey before the officials.
Anyway, it's very interesting that Webtoons has warnings for the series in the beginning of chapters such as 'Pirating content is illegal, if this content is captured or published, the offender can be traced and will face the full extent of the legal ramifications as stipulated by the law'. 🤔

Group Leader
Checked the next chapter on the app and I must say the quality... is not very ideal, even for a phone, the jpg artifacting is extremely noticeable. Spoilers for ch. 23 https://i.gyazo.com/ea7b80474a73c7b7b6797b859c690c63.png

This is more of a personal opinion but their translation and font choice is a bit too soulless for my taste, this being the weird flashy toon that it is.
I'm considering continuing my 1 chapter a week uploads, for the sake of having this great series archived in HD, and for the few people who'd stick around for my translation. Keyword being few, because from what I've seen, in less than 1 day the viewership on the app already far surpassed the one here, so that's all this'd be, a tiny little club for people who care about quality.
I'd also start every chapter with a big advert explaining the situation and forwarding readers to the official app where they can read this daily instead of weekly, which is a deal I'm sure a lot of new folks will take, perhaps making me continuing the translation even more prosperous for the app than not?

Could I get some opinions on this? It's the first time I'm faced with this decision.

@MrBoga This page's edition is locked. I've requested the change yesterday, a mod has to add it.

@punpun
Could I get some opinions on this? It's the first time I'm faced with this decision.
Decision is up to you, but I will read your version weekly, since I also prefer it more, and I like reading on pc rather than on phone.
Audience on webtoon is far greater than here, so I don't think that continuing scanlation will harm author's income.
But still putting a banner directing toward official version is a good move.

Here from the start, so thank you for this translation, hope you'll find something else even better soon!

Group Leader
@punpun, I don't like fonts chosen by officials either, maybe that's because they were in a hurry to post all chapters at once. I like your version more.
Also, you know it's hard to calculate how many views you've got? Other aggregators download and repost chapters and a lot of people read on aggregators. As idon091 said it was up to you. If you find the series worth to be continued, then go on, in case of extreme doubt, you can post a few more chapters and decide later.

Users who are viewing this thread