Moto Kyuutei Renkinjutsushi no Watashi, Henkyou de Nonbiri Ryouchi Kaitaku Hajimemasu!

Dex-chan lover
This is kind of a weird story, tbh.
On one hand, it uzi-fires any trope related to betrayal and engagement-annulment, as well as pairing the MC with a dashing prince who actually appreciates her --

But on the other hand....The MC is an incredibly gifted, smart, hard-working individual, yet she...Needs...A prince?
I was genuinely expecting her to walk off the street, find a "wanted" poster, get her own place, and establish her own identity as a powerful individual with her own merit, rather than be whisked off her feet by her chidlhood "prince" who "saves her"...

I guess it's "that" type of an otome, huh?

The little sister didn't plan out her scheme deep enough. Steal everything then what? Does she even have knowledge specifically related to alchemy?

Dex-chan lover
Is this a parody? LOL. All the nonsensical speech mannerisms with humongous sparkles, and the barrage of otome Isekai tropes all in disconnect with each other... So many things are wrong with this manga.

28/08/23 : Holy smokes 20k

Last edited:
The little sister didn't plan out her scheme deep enough. Steal everything then what? Does she even have knowledge specifically related to alchemy?
yeah that girl is a retard, she's gonna crumble under all the work she's taking on herself
unless she's counting on her man to help her
i'm just wondering if the guy is stupid too and actually believed sis, or if he knew and kicked out mc anyway. prolly stupid though

Dam this just felt bland and just copy paste the popular tropes with 0 added flare or originality....

Id be shocked if it doent go Step 1. omg ur so talented at (instert talent). Step 2. We get to see people who kicked get out crumble cause their not as good at (instert talent). Step 3. Lets go get MC back cause she is actually amazing. Step 4. Im staying in this new job cause they know im amazing at (insert talent)

after looking at the author its just literally the same starting point as his other work Onna Kajishi wa Ohitoyoshi Guild ni Hirowaremashita - Shintenchi de Ganbaru Kajishi Seikatsu

Make a MC into a literal punching bag with no personality or self value until somebody comes rescue them from a bad situation...

Fed-Kun's army
yeah that girl is a retard, she's gonna crumble under all the work she's taking on herself
unless she's counting on her man to help her
i'm just wondering if the guy is stupid too and actually believed sis, or if he knew and kicked out mc anyway. prolly stupid though

Seeing how superficial he is, I am sure he there will be drama with him probably threatening Amelia and the new territory she lives in, hoping that she will come back to him. These type of stories usually cycle through that... But it is always so damn satisfying seeing pieces of garbage get what they deserve lol so this has been added to my bookmarks xD

Dex-chan lover
i really really reaaallly admire shojo comic artist nowadays; most of them can turn something from the most super duper lighest light novel to decent and readable comic

i tried reading the novel and, no

Dex-chan lover
Here for that downfall arc those stupid bullies will inevitably soon experience

Aggregator gang
Bro when are you gonna start doing alchemy all you've been doing is smiling at your boyfriend and his friends I swear

Dex-chan lover
🦀 I expected fluffy fleshed-out alchemy and instead I read empty fluff (as of ch4). It's telling that when I looked up the novel there were three nearly identical ones. Is this alchemist story the original or a copy? Or does self-indulgent utterly-passive slice of life romance converge on this premise like arthropods become crabs? I think it's a shoujo crab.

Apparently the barebones for this subgenre is (a) for a discarded and passive self-insert to suddenly get more-or-less engaged to a nurturing soft prince-type, and (b) to make his pastoral mansion (or palace) her home. (c) When she develops a shred of autonomy she will develop the soft prince's land and (d) help people with the exact talent she wasn't respected for. (e) Without tension on the horizon. That x3. I'm sure there's even more of these barebones stories, especially with domineering male leads.

That comfort is fine as a seed. But this MC doesn't even have goals, seek revenge, change into a cat, be gay, do crime, or become a threat to society like a proper magician.

Last edited:
🦀 I expected fluffy fleshed-out alchemy and instead I read empty fluff (as of ch4). It's telling that when I looked up the novel there were three nearly identical ones. Is this alchemist story the original or a copy? Or does self-indulgent utterly-passive slice of life romance converge on this premise like arthropods become crabs? I think it's a shoujo crab.

Apparently the barebones for this subgenre is (a) for a discarded and passive self-insert to suddenly get more-or-less engaged to a nurturing soft prince-type, and (b) to make his pastoral mansion (or palace) her home. (c) When she develops a shred of autonomy she will develop the soft prince's land and (d) help people with the exact talent she wasn't respected for. (e) Without tension on the horizon. That x3. I'm sure there's even more of these barebones stories, especially with domineering male leads.

That comfort is fine as a seed. But this MC doesn't even have goals, seek revenge, change into a cat, be gay, do crime, or become a threat to society like a proper magician.

I mean, you're talking about the competitive industry of free self-published light novels. The most readily available talent pool consists in the main of people probably in their teens to maaaybe 30s, with enough dis/incentives to push them toward spending many unpaid hours writing stories for free (I assume if they had anything better they could do or wanted to do, they'd already be doing it). And the readers are a fickle, vicious, voracious mob who demand 1) moar, 2) wish fulfillment, 3) gratuitous <insert preference> fan service, and oh yeah, 4) MOAR.

After you read a few, you realize that a lot of authors lack life experience and/or their fans swiftly penalize anything that strays too far from the most popular established formalae. Everything from current events to literature to different kinds of fantasy/SF RPG and gaming -- either the authors don't know how to write more variety into their stories, or the fans don't reward it with views.

The readers get exactly what their views reward the most. Mass-produced, easily recognizable stuff that's just barely more tolerable than it is detestable. It's the same market mechanisms that have rewarded McDonald's and Walmart for doing what they do. Reader risk-aversion leads them to seek out the same, comfortable dross over and over again, so that they don't have to challenge themselves with the burden of actually not knowing what comes next. To some degree, this is understandable if the audience is too beaten down from school, work, social anxiety, whatever, and they come to manga and light novels as a form of escapism and recreation. If they wanted challenge, they'd go watch arthouse films or run a Tough Mudder race. :D

So of course you're going to get dozens of hacks and writer's-blocked authors cribbing any low-hanging fruit they can, just to pump out another chapter of dross on schedule, chasing views and readers.

When I used to regularly read fiction novels, I didn't really appreciate how thankless the editor/publisher job was, in filtering out the worst derivative crap. And obvs, plenty of derivative crap passes the low bar of getting published. When I look at the top 1-2 authors in each of the fiction genres or very specific niches, some common characteristics I saw were:

Author puts in a TON of research. Some authors I knew in online writing groups would allude to how they often amassed many pages more research material than the actual books they wrote. But the topic expertise they gained in understanding their topic helps to inform their writing in a way that is subtle and nuanced, not in-your-face apparent. Like, if you know the 100 steps that lead to a sophisticated and somewhat non-intuitive but very clever final answer, you don't have to show off that you know the 100 prelim steps. Just briefly alluding to 2-3 key steps along the way (sometimes also somewhat nonobvious steps) sketches out the overall impression of expertise without having to flog the audience with it. Applies whether talking about character interactions and relationships, background socioeconomic/technological/geopolitical events and settings, action scenes, or whatever.

Author builds familiarity with a range of different forms of media and genres. As with cross-training in fitness and sports, understanding different areas helps promote diversity and some degree of originality through mashing up a broader range of unlikely story elements. In contrast, it's paaaaainfully obvious when a creator's entire body of understanding is limited to e.g. reading only other isekai stories, D&D-specific fantasy art (it's a whole style by itself), etc. The JRPG style fantasy world mechanics are a good example of this (though it's driven by familiarity on the parts of both the authors and the audience).

Author works up a prelim outline or framework for their story setting, major events or narrative objectives, etc. Gives direction to the main and side story arcs. Helps prevent excessive power creep that slams the dial to 11 within the first 1-2 chapters/episodes, then struggles to find ways to distinguish bigger badder bosses ever after. (Looking at you, fantasy manhwa :p )

Author isn't afraid to kill their darlings. First time I encountered the natural human aversion to this was with David Eddings, an older fantasy author who made it big in the 80s and 90s IIRC. His fantasy characters started off a bit derivative, but he couldn't bear to throw real challenges at them, or write one of them out of the narrative occasionally where the story needed a sacrifice or the time was right. And his fanbase didn't want to let go of their beloved characters either. So they ended up cycling through the same old story tropes repeatedly, until they were nigh godly in power. Creating obstacles, constraints, limits, and other forms of scarcity/adversity is what provides an author with the canvas for their characters to grow and develop.

If you're risk averse, either as an author or a reader, you don't want anything truly new, unknown, exciting, or challenging.

Honestly, it's the same problem that Hollywood movie writing has. Too many shareholders/stakeholders insist on their investment generating a reliable, safe return. So the story gets edited by committee, and you end up with glitzy SFX fests with vapid story retreads and reboots.

And then once every few years, some dedicated shut-in writes the story they've passionately believed in their entire life, casts it into the ether, and bam -- it somehow takes off and everyone loves it for the unflinching originality no one else was willing to take a chance on. But there's also 100 others just like this shut-in who tank b/c no one looks twice at their passionate niche stories and we never notice them b/c no one reads them -- when we look at only the popular winners, we're heavily affected by survivorship bias. Then the sharks jump on the popular new trope and kill it with derivative works over the next few years until something else kicks off another trend. Just like every economic bubble and craze or fad in history.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This is pretty formulaic with "underappreciated genius MC kicked out and makes a name for themself", but it doesn't feel as annoying as it usually does. Her passive nature feels more natural compared to others, and it's not constantly thrown in your face that she's actually a genius.

She is, but she is also used to being overworked. She's struggling to NOT work and push herself constantly because she's used to that environment. It overall feels a bit refreshing in a way I can't really explain.

Users who are viewing this thread