Moto Saikyou no Kenshi wa, Isekai Mahou ni Akogareru - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Aggregator gang
Forget me ? alright, I make you "remember" and add "dere" in your feeling ...
(the cliche is too obvious, eh ?)

Dex-chan lover
So the MC is regarded as retarded by the family just as Tatsuya even though Tatsuma is op. After the battle the sister will be a brocon probably.

Group Leader
Thanks for the chapter ?

no one(exclude sage) can appraise him because his main active skill stopped it. Also he can't use magic because of those skills

Premise of the story still makes no sense. Everything else is fine enough, but I just keep remembering how ridiculous it is for people to assume the guy has no skills just because they see something they've never seen before that literally implies he's comparable to a god when they appraised him. Especially as he's outperformed everyone else up to that point. If only they had gone with a less grandiose sounding result things would make more sense, but because they had to grandstand to make the MC sound cool I get frustrated every time they bring it up again.

Well, whatever. The little sister is likely about to get trounced and then realize she's still a brocon. Art will prolly be decent enough for the fight.

Dex-chan lover
@PersonaJXT to be fair, the skill does says something in the line of "this soul can't grow anymore for it is has reached completion"
without looking at stats, that does sounds pretty garbage on a kid.

it's like getting a new level 1 unit and get told that that unit can't level up ever, though in hindsight there's always a catch for that kind of thing.

@mage_goo Yes, but again, comparable to a god. If that level 1 unit had a skill that said it had godlike stats but wouldn't level anymore, what would it matter if it never leveled up? As you said, there's usually a catch for those sorts of things and how the story bends over backwards to give everyone the idiot ball in favor of pushing the premise is what bothers me the most. I mean, what kind of mother doesn't even try to think of things in a better light instead of just abandoning him altogether because of a possible worst explanation? How are we supposed to believe she really loves him when she just kicks him to the curb like that? She doesn't even fight for him or anything, she just rolls over and gives up while lamenting her choice. It's just so... forced.

Again, not that big a deal. I can put up with it well enough to read the manga. It's just kinda like a crack in the corner of your screen. Everything else is fine enough and you can ignore it as long as you don't think or look at it. But then every time it's brought up it's just plain annoying and in the back of your mind you always know it's there.

Dex-chan lover
@PersonaJXT Well, the catch for that catch is that in real life, there's rarely any catch. You can get the short end of a stick with no compensation whatsoever.
And I'm guessing they've seen those kind of people all the time. For example, people stuck with only an inferior version of a skill.

Then again, it's still cold of her mother to write off his existence like that though.
You can kiiinda see it as protecting him from politician trying to exploit him, but eh. Way too cold.

@mage_goo It would be a rather convoluted series of events for there to have been others who have gotten appraisals that said they were comparable to gods and then proceeded to suck at everything. I'd probably drop the story if the story tried to pull that one. Because again once more, comparable to a god. That's the part that bothers me. Everything else I could buy at a stretch if need be, but the moment the appraisal compared him to a god in its description logic would have to take a flying leap off a cliff for someone to conclude that person was anything less than comparable to a god. Because that's literally in its description.

Like if say in real life on a 0-100% scale test that somehow decided the rest of your life, if someone somehow got a result that said, "G for Godlike. No more room for further improvement," what kind of conclusion would a reasonable person draw? If you were a parent or whatever, how logical would it be to go, "Oh no, woe is me. I don't know what this result says but now I must shun and neglect my child because even though I know what "Godlike" means it won't affect my attempt at interpreting this unknown thing in the worst possible way whatsoever! Tragedy and misery, begone my child and leave me to my sorrow!" Or would you go, "Godlike? That must be good, right? I don't know how others will interpret it, but I'll at least try to figure out what this means before I jump to silly conclusions and abandon my child is such a way that would surely doom him if he were truly without talent."

But if you left out all mention of being on the same level as a god, everything falls into place better. "G. No more room for further improvement." "Accomplished. Proof of completion. This soul will not grow any further." Without the mention of being comparable to a god, assuming the worst all of a sudden makes a lot more sense. And it's just that small thing that bothers me. That attempt at making the main character seem cooler instead is just the crack in the screen that affects everything else that's viewed through it. As long as the story doesn't focus on it you can ignore it, but the story keeps bringing it up.

But whatever. The more I think about it the more annoying I find it. I'll just leave it at that and try to turn my brain off whenever it pops up.

Users who are viewing this thread