Moto-Sekai Ichii Sub-chara Ikusei Nikki ~Hi-Player, Isekai wo Kouryaku-chu!~ - Ch. 53

Dex-chan lover
i have a thing for short hair and tomboyish look..
im happy Win took the female pill.. lol
:02::02::02:

Dex-chan lover
Did that get cut off? Seems like there was a page or two left and it just...

... cut off mid-sentence.

Double-page supporter
there must be some missing chapters, right?
this manga didn't cover when second is gathering slaves.
It was mentioned briefly that Yukari was gathering servants, but it's all about to get fleshed out in the near future (although the servants POV sections were really too long in the WN so I expect some of that to get cut).

Dex-chan lover
Usually I hate traps but in this case I'd tap it regardless of gender (or sex).
I mean, a genderless character that can choose to pick one isn't a 'trap' by any stretch.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, a genderless character that can choose to pick one isn't a 'trap' by any stretch.
Under what definition of trap?
While you have some point, I tend to disagree, not because the character is free to choose their gender and sex, but because they have a rather androgynous appearance to begin with.

To show what I mean, going with Know Your Meme's definition: ""Trap" is an internet slang term used to refer to a fictional character whose outward appearance is inconsistent with one's perceived gender." they'd be a trap in several constellations:

appearance female - chosen gender male (classic trap)
appearance male - chosen gender female (usually called reverse trap)
appearance male or female - gender neutral (technically a trap under the above definition)
I'm not gonna get started on all the different kinds of hermaphroditism in manga culture.

Dex-chan lover
Under what definition of trap?
While you have some point, I tend to disagree, not because the character is free to choose their gender and sex, but because they have a rather androgynous appearance to begin with.

To show what I mean, going with Know Your Meme's definition: ""Trap" is an internet slang term used to refer to a fictional character whose outward appearance is inconsistent with one's perceived gender." they'd be a trap in several constellations:

appearance female - chosen gender male (classic trap)
appearance male - chosen gender female (usually called reverse trap)
appearance male or female - gender neutral (technically a trap under the above definition)
I'm not gonna get started on all the different kinds of hermaphroditism in manga culture.
By your own quote, a character who looks androgynous and was in fact genderless is not a trap because there was no inconsistency if both sat outside either.

Personally I wouldn't touch that term for anything except someone explicitly trying to obscure their gender to fool someone, because it's a very loaded term from the start, but yeah even your vaguer one sure doesn't apply initially.

As for them choosing female after, I guess she is fairly masculine but by the MC's own admission even pre change, appearance was 'unclear' not assumed male, which I'd agree with. You can kind of argue it fits your broader definition at that point, but I wouldn't.

Dex-chan lover
By your own quote, a character who looks androgynous and was in fact genderless is not a trap because there was no inconsistency if both sat outside either.

Personally I wouldn't touch that term for anything except someone explicitly trying to obscure their gender to fool someone, because it's a very loaded term from the start, but yeah even your vaguer one sure doesn't apply initially.

As for them choosing female after, I guess she is fairly masculine but by the MC's own admission even pre change, appearance was 'unclear' not assumed male, which I'd agree with. You can kind of argue it fits your broader definition at that point, but I wouldn't.
Apparently you missed or didn't understand the "regardless of gender/sex" part of my original post you objected to.

The point wasn't "It's a trap no matter what gender or sex they choose", it was "If they choose a gender/sex that doesn't align with their appearance I wouldn't mind in this case". I thought that was pretty apparent from the way I wrote my post.

Dex-chan lover
Apparently you missed or didn't understand the "regardless of gender/sex" part of my original post you objected to.

The point wasn't "It's a trap no matter what gender or sex they choose", it was "If they choose a gender/sex that doesn't align with their appearance I wouldn't mind in this case". I thought that was pretty apparent from the way I wrote my post.
Apparently you missed the "the two parts actually align" part of my reply.

Anyway, no matter what they pick their appearance is androgynous, which can align with anything.

Dex-chan lover
Apparently you missed the "the two parts actually align" part of my reply.
No, I didn't. I don't know how this is hard, but in my initial post I was including all possible hypotheticals regarding their gender, because that is what "regardless of gender/sex" means, while you only address their genderless and female states.
Anyway, no matter what they pick their appearance is androgynous, which can align with anything.
So you take back your initial statement and agree with what I answered and already conceded, cool.

I'm really just getting annoyed at this point. While I conceded the part about the androgynous appearance and handed you this argument on a silver platter in my first response, you ran with it while still pretending to have been right all along.

You wrote: I mean, a genderless character that can choose to pick one isn't a 'trap' by any stretch.
This means that it would be impossible for any genderless character, regardless of their appearance and this particular case here, to be categorized as a trap, which is objectively wrong, even if you use your own definition of the word (which is why I asked for it) as a genderless character can still dress like a female and use this to fool men and the intentional deception you stated as an explicit requirement can be ripped to shreds by tons of examples for classical traps that just like to crossdress but are entirely open about their actual gender/sex.

Last edited:

CLIFFHANGER TIME... :facepalm::aquadrink::shamihuh:

The actual term here would be
"Sex" not "Gender"
Sex is a physical thing
Gender is a mentality thing

You just had to add G.I. in this wonderful story, huh... :haa::bleh:

Didn't he know about Eve's assassination skill? Me neither.

Thanks the translation.

Double-page supporter
Marina.Where is your curtsey?

This calls for some . . . discipline

Dex-chan lover
So how in the feck did MC get addicted to smokes in a VRMMO? This all seems so far fetched to keep adding things like this in. Also no way the game would have this as it'd increase the age rating to adult only.

Users who are viewing this thread