Moto-Sekai Ichii Sub-chara Ikusei Nikki ~Hi-Player, Isekai wo Kouryaku-chu!~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Ya there was too much info dump this chapter, plus, leveling with exp points is dumb as hell. The reality world should be kind of different to game world.

mc got cheat skill and got 100+ level at once -> complain
mc made effort to lvl up based on prev knowledge -> complain

CLASSIC

Dex-chan lover
That Castle Tactics whatever skill reminds me of the hassle I went through to get the 8th page of Arrow Revolver in Mabinogi.
Most of the other pages (10 in total) were so easy to get that I was throwing away copies of them. 3 of them were difficult to get, but I still had multiple copies of 2 of those pages.
The 8th page was a rare drop from the boss of a specific dungeon with a specific ticket that was pretty much impossible to solo without god-tier reflexes (which I don't have). It took me over a year to get that page, and even then I was only able to do the damned dungeon about 5 times in that year due to the trouble of getting a random party together of competent players to help me.

So yeah... some archery skills can have downright horrid conditions on procuring them.

Dex-chan lover
That Castle Tactics whatever skill reminds me of the hassle I went through to get the 8th page of Arrow Revolver in Mabinogi.
Most of the other pages (10 in total) were so easy to get that I was throwing away copies of them. 3 of them were difficult to get, but I still had multiple copies of 2 of those pages.
The 8th page was a rare drop from the boss of a specific dungeon with a specific ticket that was pretty much impossible to solo without god-tier reflexes (which I don't have). It took me over a year to get that page, and even then I was only able to do the damned dungeon about 5 times in that year due to the trouble of getting a random party together of competent players to help me.

Damnit, I wonder if my characters are still sitting on Tarlach server just waiting for me to play again.
I miss my bumblebee Morfran. My little dude in yellow and black with his two gold broadswords and the Windmill master title that hardly anyone else could be arsed to get.

@lolera222
You know what I'm talking about, don't you?

@The5thSeraph Sadly there's no Tarlach server anymore, the 3 old heroes joined together and became Nao https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/NA_Server_Merge_(2019), so now we have Nao and Alexina only. if you're gonna play, don't... i mean korean games am i right? but if you still want to play my IGN is Yukkiionna and i use some mods to make myself look like one hahaha. BTW there's now a ton of QoL and currently there's a 24 hour rebirth event with free access to Hero Talents.

Dex-chan lover
@lolera222
Ah well. Guess I shouldn't bother.
I started playing on Tarlach back when it was first released in North America, playing via proxy because it didn't exist in Europe at the time. Then way later they made the European servers and I didn't have any means of transferring data. Had a few bad experiences and stopped playing. The last time I was even in the game was when they'd just started introducing all those Shakespearean quests. But I just didn't have the motivation then since more and more of the game was too difficult to solo and I couldn't get anyone to help me out since I was in a drastically different timezone.

lol was he really holding the bow facing the opposite direction in the horse riding panel

Oh gosh. The Grinding! The Grinding! I don't care about the game mechanics at all. Lemme see his harem. Lemme seeee! 😜

Dex-chan lover
Okay that sounds like a very dumb game, unlocking a skill (not title, skill) by doing all those grinds and a super specific things? Not to mention if you fail you have to restart? As expected from developer who unable to restore the data of their 3000 top players.

Dex-chan lover
Didn't he say he couldn't see his stat screen when he first came to this world? It was part of how he realised he wasn't just in the game. So how come he can see it now to allocate all his skill points

Dex-chan lover
Author needs to be told that nobody wants to hear their generic fantasy game pitch. We don't need all the sill explanations or all the status screen stuff (that we were explicitly told didn't exist for him in this reincarnated game world back in the previous chapters).

This reads like he made all these worldbuilding and mechanical notes as prep work and then never stopped to think that the audience doesn't need all this stuff.

Also just saying this might've been more interesting if he reincarnated into the game world and discovered that his game logic ideas didn't work there. Like you can't just get skills flipping through books and can't cheese your way to improving because in a real world you would actually have to learn and actually have to train yourself to a higher skill level. So now he has to actually do things instead of just "lol I can break the game with no effort"

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So basically MC whom only ever ran 1 character perfectly remembers all the early skill requirements like he has photographic memory..... Yeah I call BS this is such jank writing to have him be OP like this. Whats worse is you know he'll always remember everything perfectly until suddenly plot needs him to either forget a small detail or about something in general.

I will give credit he's not treating them like NPC's which way too many Isekai's do with MC's.

Dex-chan lover
So basically MC whom only ever ran 1 character perfectly remembers all the early skill requirements like he has photographic memory..... Yeah I call BS this is such jank writing to have him be OP like this. Whats worse is you know he'll always remember everything perfectly until suddenly plot needs him to either forget a small detail or about something in general.

I will give credit he's not treating them like NPC's which way too many Isekai's do with MC's.

The sad thing is that this is almost a good concept: What if he remembered everything about the character he ran but this one is a different class so only a fraction of his knowledge is useful or relevant? Like his other character was a a melee/tank sort of class but this one is a ranged fighter or caster or something so all his understanding of armor and sword tech tree are worthless because he'd get obliterated in a close fight, so he has to work from his limited knowledge of the magic system and trying to logic out how to beat enemies when he knows patterns and stats but now how they apply to fighting an opponent of a different archetype.

Plus he could discover that gaining skills is not as simple as just flipping through the pages without looking at them and magically having something go * ding * in his brain to activate the new skill. That means he has to work on his additional abilities and whatnot.

I get that would take away from the chuuni power fantasy for introverted nerds that these stories always seem like they're targeting, but at least it would be different and unique.

Dex-chan lover
The sad thing is that this is almost a good concept: What if he remembered everything about the character he ran but this one is a different class so only a fraction of his knowledge is useful or relevant? Like his other character was a a melee/tank sort of class but this one is a ranged fighter or caster or something so all his understanding of armor and sword tech tree are worthless because he'd get obliterated in a close fight, so he has to work from his limited knowledge of the magic system and trying to logic out how to beat enemies when he knows patterns and stats but now how they apply to fighting an opponent of a different archetype.

Plus he could discover that gaining skills is not as simple as just flipping through the pages without looking at them and magically having something go * ding * in his brain to activate the new skill. That means he has to work on his additional abilities and whatnot.

I get that would take away from the chuuni power fantasy for introverted nerds that these stories always seem like they're targeting, but at least it would be different and unique.
Yeah too many want to do power fantasies but then just do paint by the numbers trope plot points and then you wonder if you've read the series cause it seems all so familiar. For me I'd have written it differently like this:

• Have it so MC was a specific type of character either Caster, Melee or Ranged then have it he reincarnated as some rando guy so no beginning money or anything at lvl1. Also as you said a different class.
  • Have it so there is no game system anymore but MC doesn't know that until it's almost too late and nearly gets him killed. It becomes non-abstract so anything he needs to do skill wise he has to physically/mentally learn.
  • Slow the romance side the feck down, so they aren't getting wet panties over him within 1 chapter.

Do just even these and it'd get alot better, as of right now theres too much game explination and usage with little in the way of earning things. Heck the economy would seriously crash doing what he's doing, the higher end monster materials would floow the market and crash prices just like the mana crystals. Also there is no way those alchemists would be able to keep making all those potions he used, the materials would have long dried up as we know this world is real low level compared to the actual MMORPG.

Users who are viewing this thread