Moto-Sekai Ichii Sub-chara Ikusei Nikki ~Hi-Player, Isekai wo Kouryaku-chu!~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
@AbuHajaar
You mean he found the legendary "emperor's new clothes"?!
I kid.

Anyway, she didn't get mad because she is still a noble so she probably had slave servants before.

Contributor
@blablablub Yea, and he didn't get hit when he talked about buying a female slave... How I know its female you say? I read too many isekais.

Dex-chan lover
Because slavery is not some mythical obscure practice and it's actually very common? Instead, unbelievably polite and nice kings who bow their heads are more WTF.

Yeah... sorry but I see the slave card and people being "oh sure, it's totally okay having ownership over someone else" and have to drop the series...
"It's not like the african slavery, bla bla bla"
Still not good.

Dex-chan lover
I like how the slap mark on his face is fading on page 13. lol

The reasoning he's proposing for buying a slave checks out... but it's definitely going to be a girl, let's all be real here.

@ralanost

You know, that's a good question.

Personally I think they just find it as a convenient plat device since slavery has been a thing in civilization since antiquity, and so wouldn't really feel out of place adding it in especially to a medieval fantasy society. I guess it only seems so overused and overdone because practically every isekai (and there are many of these in their own right) love to use slavery to drop new characters or conflicts.

Dex-chan lover
There's nothing good or bad about slavery, it's not a moral discussion, it's just there. Take any chinese work that take place in a pre-modern setting. Every single one of them have slaves, but it's just so normal that nobody thinks anything about it - I'm talking about the servants you see in those stories, they're really slaves (nu, in chinese), not commoners/freemen.

Dex-chan lover
That misunderstanding was probably the least funny moment thus far.

Dex-chan lover
@IMACOP
"There's nothing good or bad about slavery, it's not a moral discussion, it's just there."

Phew lad, whatever you do, don't say that if you visit the Americans right now. They're pulling down statues and renaming buildings named after people who had any association with slaveholders, however tenuous.

Users who are viewing this thread