Moto-Sekai Ichii Sub-chara Ikusei Nikki ~Hi-Player, Isekai wo Kouryaku-chu!~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 17

"slavery is wrong because it accumulate wealthy on the hands of few, and keep many on misery forever, making it hard to collect taxes from the healthy, sooner or later any government that allows slavery will have a financial collapse, because of deflation(money losing value)"

That was the economic / logic reason why it ended, there is not much difference from nowdays depending on the place, based on wealth distribution at least, still hard to collect taxes from the rich, and we still have people that live on misery forever, it was a good thing ending slavery, but we did a bad job on replacing its model.

I want to see how slavery is implemented on this game like world, with skills and all, let's see if this will be different from other fantasy mangas

Dex-chan lover
@TitanAnteus wait is that how this manga starts!?! Lmao it's been so long since I read the beginning I completely forgot about that ridiculous premise

Dex-chan lover
@Northern LOL, yeah I know the dumb situation over there. Also, they're even pulling down statues of people who fought against slavery... like WTF.

so, next chptr will be
ninja slave girl that get forbidden to kill anything, and he turning her role to be a blacksmith, and after that she will become a head maid in his mansion. and then she will have ability to summon spirit
ah, thanks God I read the novel till the last chptr updates.
but I hoping there will be an additional scene that make the manga a bit different from novel.

Dex-chan lover
New girl is going to be annoying at first. The manga will probably take 2-3 chapters to have Second win her over which will be pretty tedious.
To be honest. . . I don't really like her much even after her introductory arc. I would prefer if the story were just Second, Eco, and Sylvia for a while. Then he gets his spirit which is a kinda cool character, and I stopped reading shortly after he tames a super boss. Kinda hate S/M stuff so that character was also kinda ruined imo.

Blah blah blah slavery blah blah is bad blah... Yeah, everyone already knows that, but the fact that slavery was extremely common in ancient times, all the way to the 19th century in some places just shows how strong of an institution it is, and actually slavery still exists to this day, although under the sheets and mostly in the interior (aka in huge farms or works that are basically slavery), you'll easily find a slave in those jobs that requires herding a big amount of food animals such as cows, where there are the "cowboys" they in some place are working there due to debt as basically slaves

Dex-chan lover
What does the mc know about cats?

uKBk9ZZ.gif

Dex-chan lover
Well, it was nice while it lasted, but this happy slaves trope can die in a fire. Dropped.

Progress is slow, but at least they're getting stronger.

The slave concept is a bit annoying though. Let's hope the attention brought to it ends quickly and they essentially just have a normal new member of the party.

From what Jeikob says though, it doesn't sound like I'll enjoy the content involving the new party member any time soon.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!

I like the mc but the pacing could be a bit better.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translation.
Hey MC I thought his modern sensibilities would try to do something about there being slave in this world but hey gamer senses won out in the end

Users who are viewing this thread