Moto Yuusha wa Shizuka ni Kurashitai - Ch. 10 - The Hero Invites to Dinner

Dex-chan lover
y'know despite all you guys are talking, I understood well why the MC took such stance. It's not like I don't want to take revenge on people whom wronged me. It's just not worth sacrificing my happy life just to butcher some swines that you can't even eat. If you ever stand at the spotlight, you'd know how much pressure would be directing at you. Also being a king is just troublesome job. Being a godlike person living happily without the care in the world is the best I could hope for as a mortal.

Dex-chan lover
All these people acting like MC can't wipe the floor with the kingdom's forces.
This mf gets to choose how he lives, and anyone who jepoardizes it... gets a nice meal and becomes friends.
I agree with MC. No reason for him to get involved. For a normal person, sure they'd want to help out the rebellion, but he clearly isn't playing by the same rules as normal people.

Dex-chan lover
The thing is the situation in the Kingdom is unstable
If the overall situation at the Kingdom is peaceful and no discontent from the populace towards the royal family. Then yes, MC not involving himself is completely understandable.
But currently the Kingdom is imposing heavy taxes on their own people to fund the Prince and Saintess grand wedding and whatnot. This will eventually effect MC's own village as he is living in the Kingdom's territory.
The worst part is that there is a famine happening nationwide. Not only MC's village is blessed with a goddess, that also means as of now MC's village is the only one capable of producing crops. Now imagine when other people and the Royal family learns of this, eventually the problem will arrive to his village due to it being the only one capable of producing crops.
He has the power to stop things before it goes really bad, but he choose not do so because "I love my village life". This unstable situation is like a fire that will spread wildly, it will 100% affect his village sooner or later and something bad is going to happen to it or his friends. By then it's going to be too late to regret and he will have to eventually involve himself after the damage is done.

Dex-chan lover
I know that, in reality, it's almost always what happens when people argue but they were all just talking past each other the whole time. The hero stated the point of view and priorities that he's coming from. He's not saying that the damage the royal family is causing is ok, he's saying that his priorities are here and that he's not interested in sacrificing that life to be the specific one who resolves it, nor is he interested in winning back his fame.

The prince's argument falls flat for him since he's trying to temp him with with prestige he's already abandoned. The holy queen's argument falls flat because they're going to move to overthrow the royal family and have already explained all the spy work they've been doing in prep. Even if he's worried about the regular people getting fucked over, the church is already dealing with it and doesn't need him to resolve it.

If they were actually listening to each other, the conversation would probably have gone like this:

"As long as the royal family is in power, they will send forces here to attack. If you want to protect this village, you should try to quickly disarm them through ousting."

To which he would respond:

"During that time, I would lose my time and peace here and would not be able to sufficiently defend this village they come when I'm taking action. I will await here for good news on your conflict with the royalty."

Still nothing, but they would have at least clarified their points.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit the dumb actually happened as predicted. What the fuck author

Even if the hero doesnt want to do anything the kingdom still sent assassins

They made a point about the citizens suffering and the blatant ignorance of the goddess' will and rejected the cause bc he has food and a place to live??? Dude, people ran away from the kingdom to your place bc of the aforementioned corruption

~~

So I think the only person that will be able to make him budge is the goddess herself. If the queen who's under the goddess' orders cant do it then might as well go there yourself cus you were the one that placed him in that village. The hero is implied to be stubborn but I guess we'll wait and see

Aggregator gang
Typical Japanese MC, basically saying "Not enough Suffering for me to Act" and "Whats that? My family wants to kill me? Nah I wont prevent them from doing despite it may involve the people I care about" which I bet will happen for this MC to make a Move.

His job is done, fuck the country, fuck the royal family and the former party members. When the problem comes to him, he just solves it. He single-handedly killed the demon king, probably no one can take a fight with him

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I’m agreeing with everyone here but for a bit different reason. If he actually became selfish and straight up say that he doesn’t care about the kingdom and just want to leave in peace without caring about people i would respect his decision more, since he basically got screwed after sacrificing himself to save the world. But if they still gonna portray him as this really selfless and kind saint, and then he choose to not have any involvement in basically saving the kingdom from the tyranny and abandoning the citizens just because he want to live a “peaceful” life is fkin stupid. Feels like his choice completely contradicts his personality and make no sense whatsoever.

Double-page supporter
I actually agree with him to not actively partecipate in the coup, for the reasons already exposed before and becouse IT is a problem when a revolution is ideologically centered around a single person, as the holy queen and the prince wanted.
He could however be involved in a semi-active way, as a hidden overseer tasked to dirige the revolutionaries, without exposing his true identity, acting trough a net of cells, as a way to prevent external powers to gain excessive influence in the movement. Becouse can you trust external powers (in this case referrals of 2 others nations) to have the best interest of the nation they are staging a coup on? Heck you can't be even sure with internal powers.
He doesn't even need to leave the village, it's the perfect base to boot a secret revolutionary governemnt or to use as a base for rebels.

Even if he didn't want, considering how moral he was described, when they mentioned the famine he could have proposed a sort of:
"we have food and fields, but we miss personnel, help us getting them and we will provide foods ease the hunger of the starving masses, if you help us manage the markets."
In this way he wouldn't have partecipated in the revolution, but at the same time he wouldn't ignore the suffering people.

But no, they had to write in this awful way.

Dex-chan lover
bruh fuck you mean you don't wanna help the ailing kingdom you were risking your life for before. There is quite literally no reason not to considering your original goal was to help bring peace to the kingdom and the world by defeating the demon king, but you decide now to stop before your actual goal is achieved because the author couldn't really think of a good reason lmao.

Literally what message are we supposed to take from the hero's sudden reluctance to help the literal starving populace lmao. It comes off like the hero is a short sighted child lmao.

Contributor
Maybe it wasn't written as well as it could have, but Noel doesn't even see himself as the "hero" anymore. He's not the Lawful Good hero others expect him to be, striving to protect the kingdom, its oblivious people and its ungrateful rulers, not anymore. People in the kingdom are suffering, sure, but he very clearly doesn't care about that. If he did, he never would've tried to settle down as a farmer in his abandoned village in the first place. He'd be angry and fighting injustices in the kingdom from the start.

Him wanting to live a peaceful life is basically him declaring his neutrality. And I feel like he can say this simply because he's strong enough to even fight off the kingdom's army if it comes to that. He's not even worried. If the kingdom's army was strong enough to beat him, then wouldn't they have sent the army to defeat the demon king in the first place? Being a hero is his part of his past now, he's effectively retired from all of that shit and only fights if anyone tries to threaten his new life, not that anybody is strong enough to challenge him so far.

Hot take, but I kinda respect his decision to stay out of the kingdom's political affairs and its troubles. Their neighbors are plotting to invade and topple the royals, the goddess and her followers are angry, the general populace is disgruntled; the kingdom's rulers reap what they sow. It's all going to fall apart like a house of cards even without him leading a revolution.

Group Leader
Ugh. Trash MC all of a sudden is like "not my war not my problem." Bitch you fought against the demon king and his armies for the sake of the people but now that it's humans oppressing the people suddenly it's not your problem? Also it was revealed that the plan the whole time was to use you then betray you and the goddess.

Maybe it wasn't written as well as it could have, but Noel doesn't even see himself as the "hero" anymore. He's not the Lawful Good hero others expect him to be, striving to protect the kingdom, its oblivious people and its ungrateful rulers, not anymore. People in the kingdom are suffering, sure, but he very clearly doesn't care about that. If he did, he never would've tried to settle down as a farmer in his abandoned village in the first place. He'd be angry and fighting injustices in the kingdom from the start.

Him wanting to live a peaceful life is basically him declaring his neutrality. And I feel like he can say this simply because he's strong enough to even fight off the kingdom's army if it comes to that. He's not even worried. If the kingdom's army was strong enough to beat him, then wouldn't they have sent the army to defeat the demon king in the first place? Being a hero is his part of his past now, he's effectively retired from all of that shit and only fights if anyone tries to threaten his new life, not that anybody is strong enough to challenge him so far.

Hot take, but I kinda respect his decision to stay out of the kingdom's political affairs and its troubles. Their neighbors are plotting to invade and topple the royals, the goddess and her followers are angry, the general populace is disgruntled; the kingdom's rulers reap what they sow. It's all going to fall apart like a house of cards even without him leading a revolution.
I'd agree but he seems to forget the kingdom already sent people after the village, not sure how because it was literally yesterday. He keeps getting told and experiences that fact that the royals will not leave him or his people alone but nah let's bury the head in the sand. He doesn't need to be THE hero he just needs to be A hero.

Users who are viewing this thread