Moto Yuusha wa Shizuka ni Kurashitai - Ch. 18 - The Hero Says Goodbye To The Saintess

Dex-chan lover
"noel please help me I only planned to poison and kill you if you returned alive, anything but having to live a life without extreme riches please"
I don't know with what criteria they picked the saintess but it certainly wasn't intelligence

Dex-chan lover
That punishment... lacks impact. Despite the tantrum the ex saintess is throwing.

Dex-chan lover
Are we supposed to feel bad for a person we've seen for about 2 panels, otherwise only heard a few things about when he mentioned her? Also I like how the entire story is just playing off screen xd We just get thrown to the ending

Dex-chan lover
she got off easily, though since she'll be a mother soon, it's understandable she gets to live
though, a person like that raising a baby is a recipe for disaster, who knows what she'll do
either she'll put her anger on her child or lie and manipulate the child on hating the mc as to why they have such a terrible life.

Dex-chan lover
I thought the thing that she was his precious childhood friend would do something but...oh well, author do not give a f*** apparently. With this whole ark he just ditched everything in and said "because f*** you"... Well... probably will read few chapters to decide if I should drop this

she got off easily, though since she'll be a mother soon, it's understandable she gets to live
though, a person like that raising a baby is a recipe for disaster, who knows what she'll do
either she'll put her anger on her child or lie and manipulate the child on hating the mc as to why they have such a terrible life.
Yeah, this is gonna be a future problem for the child and everyone related to the child, whether directly or indirectly. People at the bottom of the barrel like her can't stand seeing others of the same status prevail, so she will make the child suffer. Unless she herself gets benefit and get out of her bad situation she created herself, she won't let the child be happy.

Dex-chan lover
I knew from the start seeing how the saintess acts, she really is part of all this. I guessed right that she is one of those who are really tired of her life in the backwater village and wants to live a glamorous life and yeah she grabbed the opportunity, specially it was an opportunity to even become part of the royal family.
Dunno who said that insignia/seal on her head is a mind-control spell but it was pretty obvious from the start that it was the goddess' sign of favor to begin with; she did not need to be mind-controlled for her to join in the scheme.
She's lucky she will just be exiled to a monastery and raise her child in away from the rest of the world.

Dex-chan lover
I thought the thing that she was his precious childhood friend would do something but...oh well, author do not give a f*** apparently. With this whole ark he just ditched everything in and said "because f*** you"... Well... probably will read few chapters to decide if I should drop this
MC already give her a choice to go back to the village with him tho.
but she just can't let go the glamourous live of the riches even for the sake of her baby.

when you think about it, she do nothing when the royalty decide to destroy her own village for the sake of covering up the truth about hero. that can also mean all of the villager lost their live and she did nothing. not even remorse in her action

Last edited:
Group Leader
What makes the least sense is any ruler allowing the unborn child of the deposed tyrant's son to live and become a potential pawn to any disgruntled, power-hungry nobles further down the line. By not finishing the job, you've created a potential scenario leading to even more suffering.

Contributor
Was she "precious" though? They were childhood friends but the MC didn't seem to have any emotional attachment with her, actually, he doesn't seem to have emotional attachment with anything.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That was...kind of an unsatisfying conclusion. Idk what I was expecting, but it feels like the author wrote this part just so he doesn't have to think about it anymore. Zero exploration of motives and characters.

Users who are viewing this thread