Moto Yuusha wa Shizuka ni Kurashitai - Ch. 18 - The Hero Says Goodbye To The Saintess

Dex-chan lover
Lmao so not only is the situation solved so abruptly but also everything happens off screen. Only a mention for the Prince and king nothing else. Wtf

Dex-chan lover
What makes the least sense is any ruler allowing the unborn child of the deposed tyrant's son to live and become a potential pawn to any disgruntled, power-hungry nobles further down the line. By not finishing the job, you've created a potential scenario leading to even more suffering.
Happened regularly in Real Life™... There's a Bloodline to be saved there...

Generally kids like that were allowed to be born, given a wet nurse, and fostered out to be raised by Good People™ (Good being a relative term here..) as soon as they were old enough to be on solids.
The idea was that the positive traits of the family would pass on, and any negative traits could be ...discouraged.. by not sparing the rod.
If the child proved to be truly rotten... Well... accidents happen...

Plus it would allow the winning faction, if successful in raising the kid "properly" , to combine his bloodline with theirs through a suitable marriage partner, reinforcing their Claim to Stuff for future generations.. The Dynastic Game is played over generations...
And while any opposing noble faction may try to rally around the child, (s)he is not in their hands... A very decent hostage..
Get too uppity, and the Bloodline will really end...

The mother would really be no more than the birth vessel for the child. And would not be given the chance to pass on any Ideas onto her child. If she survived giving birth at all.. All too common that the mother died in childbirth, but the child lived..

Dex-chan lover
too bad everything is so rushed in this series. everything finished too quickly. wouldn't be a surprise if an axe would drop onto the series anytime soon.

when Noel entered the Saintess Chamber with the Queen, he didn't even look sad or disappointed, he looks rather satisfied, which felt really out of character.

Dex-chan lover
I had asked what the criteria for choosing the saintess was before, because she clearly shouldn't qualify. It does make you question the ability of those "gods" when their chosen ones are so... susceptible to be turned to the dark side.
Maybe it was just to be the Hero's friend, have a heal spell, and promise the Goddess you'll do the job? The Goddess gave her the seal, approved the team, and even gave approval for the Kingdom to appoint a fake hero. I don't think she really vetted any of them.

Dex-chan lover
Was she "precious" though? They were childhood friends but the MC didn't seen to have any emotional attachment with her, actually, he doesn't seem to have emotional attachment with anything.
Exactly. This dude doesn't give a shit about anything
Remember when they told him that many people would die in the revolt? And he didn't want to do anything even then.

Honestly I struggle to remember a worse MC than this one

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That was...kind of an unsatisfying conclusion. Idk what I was expecting, but it feels like the author wrote this part just so he doesn't have to think about it anymore. Zero exploration of motives and characters.
So the only thing I can think of is she “did” have the qualifications before but during the journey she lost them.

The whole story has been running at 200mph but if it was slower I could see it that while she was still the Saintess her powers were significantly weaker than when she FIRST started due to turning her back on the goddesses herself and her chosen.

Yeah this story is like cliff notes the story with every character being made of cardboard…

Dex-chan lover
Wow, it just now got into my head that the coup succeeded after getting beaten for some reason? Granted, it was just last chapter, but the plot is such a mess that I hardly feel hooked. I feel like a masochist for not dropping this.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wow, it just now got into my head that the coup succeeded after getting beaten for some reason? Granted, it was just last chapter, but the plot is such a mess that I hardly feel hooked. I feel like a masochist for not dropping this.

It's because it is SO trash, you actually are curious to see to what depths it can plunge.
I know the feeling...

Dex-chan lover
This is awful. Feels like we skipped a lot of things, rushed even. Manga poorly executed the story. Feels like I got dumplings thrown at my face one after another.

Dex-chan lover
Well, that was an unsatisfactory chapter/ending of that plotline.
Why did she marry cain? Or cain her? Whose plot was it and how much did each party know? She seemed to actually care for cain, so was there actual love there? Did she know about the plan to kill noel? If so, was it before or after teleporting away? Before or after getting engaged? Did she know about the oddities regarding their village? That scene where she seemed malicious, was she always like that? How did she know about noel and him supposedly being dead, when they kept noel masked to tell ppl it was cain? And so on? And so forth?

Overall, All the motives and details are missing, and instead she is simply portrayed as absolute pure evil for making the best of a bad situation. Ppl can be garbage, but they always have reasons and at least in their own story they are the hero/protagonist.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it was just to be the Hero's friend, have a heal spell, and promise the Goddess you'll do the job? The Goddess gave her the seal, approved the team, and even gave approval for the Kingdom to appoint a fake hero. I don't think she really vetted any of them.
The Goddess was reluctant to approve the fake hero thing since it was all the shady king that had her to approve of it through word of "but it's for the people! they need a hope" blah blah blah bullshit.

Goddess mostly cares for her hero Noel's side when she told him about that and regarding his circumstance at the time in ch.1 basically iirc

Dex-chan lover
This manga adaptation of the ending is completely different from the WN.
But in all honesty, the plot turns into quite a bit of deus ex machina trainwreck there too.
The resolution here is actually more "reasonable" of the two, if you can call it that.
What happened to her in the original ending?

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the Mage is going to have the lightest punishment if any at all

Dex-chan lover
Well... at least the baby is going to be raised in a monastery, though I'm not sure how I feel about Stella being allowed to raise it. It's unfair to the child to deprive them of their mother, I mean it's not their fault they were made by two pieces of filth, but the mother in question doesn't deserve to have ANY children.

Still, I feel like it's a very slightly better alternative than just chucking the kid at Noel for him to take care of.

Dex-chan lover
Exactly. This dude doesn't give a shit about anything
Remember when they told him that many people would die in the revolt? And he didn't want to do anything even then.

Honestly I struggle to remember a worst MC than this one

Did you happen to skip the page where MC offers her a place in his village as an alternative to being sent to the monastery? I would think that would count as "giving a shit".

As for the revolt... A lot of people were going to die regardless. He's good, but not even Superman can be everywhere at once (though there was an occasion or two in the comics where Superman did try). He simply wanted nothing more to do with the people that left him for dead and took all the credit. Not even knocking them out of their ivory towers.

Really, the only way that he'd owe the people anything was if they no-sale'd Prince Cain's attempt to claim the credit and were already in preparations to revolt against the royal family. Instead, it took two neighboring countries invading.

Yeah, I know. He's supposed to be the Hero and all. But in reality? He'd already done his bit for the people by killing the Demon Lord.... and look at how he was rewarded.

Dex-chan lover
What makes the least sense is any ruler allowing the unborn child of the deposed tyrant's son to live and become a potential pawn to any disgruntled, power-hungry nobles further down the line. By not finishing the job, you've created a potential scenario leading to even more suffering.
Thank you, sir, was looking for a message like that.
My take on this situation is a bit different, though. It is a big mistake to keep genes like that. And not only talking about the deposed tyrant's son, who is actually worse than his father, but the future child's mother is just a pure human garbage. What result do we expect to get when these two breed?
Thus, eliminating this 'family' completely should be the only solution.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread